It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERNET bans for people who post anti-Jewish messages online demanded by MPs in the U.K

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

The U.K is one of the few country's in Europe that will not sign up for the Holocaust laws , i quite agree that people should behave in a proper manner in public ,but online !! and make it illegal to question historical facts i draw the line at

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

But, but, but...then politicians can`t name Putin Hitler anymore if they would do that...no internet news site was able to post that anymore...?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
The U.K is one of the few country's in Europe that will not sign up for the Holocaust laws

Good, long may that continue.
None of it happened in the UK or by anyone I know so it has as much relevance to me as the 90's Rwanda genocide (1 million), or the 70's Cambodia genocide (3 million people).
Should we teach our children about the horrible things people have done in the world? Absolutely.
Should the genocide of Jews/homosexuals/disabled/Roma by psycho Germans 70 years ago be specifically rammed in my face like we should all feel guilty about it? No, not in my opinion.

I wish for everyone in the world to show love, kindness and tolerance to each other, and I've raised my son the same. The WWII genocide is for others to remember and feel sad about if they wish, but I wasn't there, it had nothing to do with me, and I can't imagine any situation where I am ever likely to be drawn towards any genocide tendancies so nope, it's just another horrible story from history as far as I'm concerned.
I'm glad the UK never signed up to any 'holocaust laws', hatred is hatred, and it is no worse for a Jew being attacked than a Muslim, disabled person, or any other group you could think of.
All innocent people deserve the same protection, regardless of history of oppression or whatever else has gone on in the past.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

That is the way BBC news is going with the story ,no mention of a broad group in hate speech jut anti-Semitism

Did you read the link I posted? The analysis and conclusions clearly show it should apply to ALL faiths..... I've just got a funny feeling you would rather ignore that.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why is it that when you slam muslims its freedom of speech but when you slam greedy little zionist pigs its anti-semitism?? I really dont get it...

Im atheist by the way, and denounce almost all religions... But respect if you are moderate and able to assimilate into society. If you believe in the written mumbo jumbo then spare me your words... The worlds doesnt need you.

Also 99% of the time when people slam jews, its actually zionists we slam.... Not the com
on jew.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i guess the name 'Hitler' is simply verboten.

www.express.co.uk...

(post by carolenej1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Just like this which happened just recently...

Ship named for Nazi war criminal to be rechristened after Jewish groups protest

Source

And if they are on that road, it`s time to ban the names Bush and Ford too.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

So its not OK the utter anti-jewish things, but its OK for people to be anti-muslem....

Uk.. There are millions of muslems in the world that are constantly being hated apon because a few thousand f'ed up people in their religion. How about we focus on something more important.

It's quite obvious the bias - A Christian church minister who quotes from the Bible against gay marriages would be arrested by the police, detained for 48 hours in a cell before being released without a trial. Fathers who try and defend their daughters from non-Christian predators are also put behind bars. People who move out to rural villages can claim the church bells which have been ringing for over 300 years are "offensive" and have them silenced.

Muslim radical preachers who set up sermons in the street and encourage the use of violence against non-believers are celebrated for understanding "freedom of speech and democracy".

When you look at who is making these judgements and rulings, a pattern emerges.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I bet is ok to have anti muslin speech, ban everyone or ban none.

Jews really like to be the center of attention, Christians were persecuted and feed to lions and they got over it, maybe its time for jews to get over it too?

Sufferance is an entire industry on its own. Money makes everything better you know?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

So its not OK the utter anti-jewish things, but its OK for people to be anti-muslem....

Uk.. There are millions of muslems in the world that are constantly being hated apon because a few thousand f'ed up people in their religion. How about we focus on something more important.

Some sympathy with that. Obama summed up IS correctly IMHO, as a 'Death Cult' because they are nothing to do with Islam, but all to do with killing..hate killing or ordered, they don't even apparently acknowledge the realities of scientific endeavour on the human genome, that makes us all much the same, but embrace the science that brought about today's vehicles and guns, which they appear to have in abundance...Am I making any sense? The gore just doesn't stop with IS, every religious grouping has their feckups, every religious grouping has/had their hapless feckups obeying orders from above, and by above I don't mean in the heavens. I would guess too that some Atheists will be stuck in there somewhere in the rank and file.

Summary, Any UK MP being singular about banning online posters about anti anything is up the left, and like it or not there are already measures in place to charge people with hate speech, from any source. Mind you, I wouldn't like to be an online cop who has to differentiate between, "I don't like because" "preferential treatment because" or what ever slant anyone would want to put on it because. But that is not the real point, which is, the internet is talking big time, while power politics is becoming more and more a dinosaur, a gravy train with whack a mole law.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Maybe our glorious leaders should try and deal with the Peadophiles in the government before trying to silence free speech in the country .The parliamentary group also recommended setting up a government fund for synagogue security and guidance for teachers explaining Middle East issues to pupils.

The report found “Hitler” and “Holocaust” were among the top 35 key words used on Twitter last summer, with abusive posts including the hashtag “Hitler was right”.

Where will this stop as every group will demand the same hate speech law very quickly - Gays-Gypsy's especially
then it will roll out to Politics and quickly kill any online chat for fear of having your home broken into in the early hour's by police to arrest you then confiscate any computer equiptment but could this be a cunning ploy for everyone to register for a online passport , or is it more hot air to attract voters

The MPs said: “Anti- Semitism is thankfully a rarity for British Jews.
so why bother

The MPs also warned boycotts and protests at shops selling Israeli goods could slip into anti-Semitism.
bright lot we have running the place

www.express.co.uk...

www.gov.uk...

This is bollocks. The "anti semitism" in the UK claim is false in my view - people criticise Israel and are branded anti-semitic - so what, we give up our rights to criticise the disgusting actions of a nation? I think not. Not even Israel can get away with curtailing the freedoms of the British people.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Some sympathy with that. Obama summed up IS correctly IMHO, as a 'Death Cult' because they are nothing to do with Islam, but all to do with killing..

Sorry, I have to disagree with you, and Obama. ISIS has everything to do with Islam. They want a state that conforms to their particular view of Islam, complete with Sharia Law and submission. ISIS is just another incantation of intolerance in a religion rife with division, violence and brutality. They are just another militia that has learned how to popularise their brand of brutality through social media.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

The U.K is one of the few country's in Europe that will not sign up for the Holocaust laws

Good, long may that continue.
None of it happened in the UK or by anyone I know so it has as much relevance to me as the 90's Rwanda genocide (1 million), or the 70's Cambodia genocide (3 million people).
Should we teach our children about the horrible things people have done in the world? Absolutely.
Should the genocide of Jews/homosexuals/disabled/Roma by psycho Germans 70 years ago be specifically rammed in my face like we should all feel guilty about it? No, not in my opinion.

I wish for everyone in the world to show love, kindness and tolerance to each other, and I've raised my son the same. The WWII genocide is for others to remember and feel sad about if they wish, but I wasn't there, it had nothing to do with me, and I can't imagine any situation where I am ever likely to be drawn towards any genocide tendancies so nope, it's just another horrible story from history as far as I'm concerned.
I'm glad the UK never signed up to any 'holocaust laws', hatred is hatred, and it is no worse for a Jew being attacked than a Muslim, disabled person, or any other group you could think of.
All innocent people deserve the same protection, regardless of history of oppression or whatever else has gone on in the past.

Exactly the UK has nothing to be ashamed about.
Nor should it feel guilty or bear any responsibilty for the holocaust.

It was british (alongside american and canadian) troops that fought hitler and liberated europe.

As for the rise in anti sematism?

I guess people are haveing trouble seperating isreal from jews.
I guess you cant expect skin heads and bnp members to use logical thinking.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: citizenx1

Maybe our glorious leaders should try and deal with the Peadophiles in the government before trying to silence free speech in the country .The parliamentary group also recommended setting up a government fund for synagogue security and guidance for teachers explaining Middle East issues to pupils.

The report found “Hitler” and “Holocaust” were among the top 35 key words used on Twitter last summer, with abusive posts including the hashtag “Hitler was right”.

Where will this stop as every group will demand the same hate speech law very quickly - Gays-Gypsy's especially
then it will roll out to Politics and quickly kill any online chat for fear of having your home broken into in the early hour's by police to arrest you then confiscate any computer equiptment but could this be a cunning ploy for everyone to register for a online passport , or is it more hot air to attract voters

The MPs said: “Anti- Semitism is thankfully a rarity for British Jews.
so why bother

The MPs also warned boycotts and protests at shops selling Israeli goods could slip into anti-Semitism.
bright lot we have running the place

www.express.co.uk...

www.gov.uk...

This is bollocks. The "anti semitism" in the UK claim is false in my view - people criticise Israel and are branded anti-semitic - so what, we give up our rights to criticise the disgusting actions of a nation? I think not. Not even Israel can get away with curtailing the freedoms of the British people.

I dont know.

A few ethnic jews i know got hassled on the street a few weeks back by some bnp type thugs.

They have no love or intrest in isreal. They are just normal uk citizens with a jewish background

I do find that sort of behaviour concering, wrong and out right anti british.

edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I guess you cant expect skin heads....

I expect better my friend....not all skinheads are anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish.....or even anti-Muslim, far from it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I expect better my friend....not all skinheads are anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish.....or even anti-Muslim, far from it.

Come on you know the sort I mean

There are skin heads and then there are "skin heads".

I should have specified the EDL "types".

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think the best trick to deal with the rise in anti sematism is :

1) ignore it. More attension you give the more credibility you hand it,

2) educate people between the diffrence of jews as a people and isreal as a nation.

Fact is the UK gave up on genocide in the 1800,s after we failed trying to starve the irish,
I serously doubt we in the UK will be eradicating or even percecuting jews any time soon, the UK has moved past things like that.
edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I know mate....but many people categorise and stigmatise all skinheads together as brainless, racist morons.....most aren't.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Freeborn

Come on you know the sort I mean

There are skin heads and then there are "skin heads".

I should have specified the EDL "types".

Sorry but you really haven't got a clue the EDL are far from anti semitic, the main reason they are disliked by the far right is because of their ties with zionism, they where funded by a Rabbi in the early days, and some of the hardline groups despise the fact they cant have a demo without flying Israeli flags, even after all the trouble the JDL caused for them. come on dont just take what you see in the MSN as gospel, why did Tommy leave and join Quiliam ? why is the EDL all but finished and its members dispersed and started their own groups.

BNP types can you be more specific, as from what I know of them they are mainly old folk, who are regarded as civic nationalists, they really lost face when they where beaten by the equalitys commision, and had to let non whites into the party, then they had a Black and a Sihk running for a seat.

Racist Racist Racist lets all shout racist, I dont think there are many people around these days who actually know what that word means

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join