It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion to Rename this Forum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah...but that is ATS. How about "How We Got Here"? With "here" applying to originally AND how we got to where we are today. But then again...I didn't even know that forum existed. While I love researching and thinking about religion as a "state of mind", arguing one side or the other is kind of futile since there isn't anyway to prove anything for sure. The creation part that is.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

When you change a long standing forum name...it would throw off all the years of posts and threads to it as far as people relating, and remembering...

A NEW forum perhaps...but for the sake of eternal continuity and relevence...no
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Here is the long term problems.

By changing the name, you are denying the views of creationist. Then you are taking away the one great thing about ATS which is the freedom to share your views.

But where does this then stop? What about the UFO forum? Me, just like other members do not believe in Aliens or UFO's, so should be make a request that that forum should be removed?

Many members are not religious, so should their rights to speak about religion also be taken away? Or the paranormal? Or predictions?

Here is some advice. If you do not believe in creating, then stay out of those discussions and leave it to those who actually believe in creation.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

There is no denying the views of anybody by changing the name or leaving it as it is. Changing the name isn't an attempt to rid the forum of people who do not share my views. The name change is simply to better reflect what goes on in this forum. I don't care if people believe in creation of one kind or another.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I want it called "Origin"

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I see there are a lot of people who want to give religious creationism equal footing as evolution. I will respond by directing those people back to my OP where I outlined some of the issues with that camp. There is no real debate from them. Where is all the evidence to support their claims? Why is it always intellectual dishonesty? I digress.

Origins and Evolution

Or perhaps,

Life & Origins

Something that better reflects this forum. Having creationism in the name implies there is actually something to it. I'm not denying the possibility of creation (in a broad sense). However as far as religious creationism goes (practically the only type of creationism I see discussed here), they are completely trumped. Disagree and feel I'm attacking people on a personal belief level all you want. It won't change the fact their bold claims against things like evolution and the age of the Earth do not stand up to an iota of scientific scrutiny.
edit on 2-9-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
You cannot have evolution without creation.

All

Sure, but creation doesn't have to mean what you (maybe not you, but "creationists") think it means.
In fact, it almost certainly does not.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It's true that 90% of the threads in this section are irrational attacks on evolution by folks that don't really understand how it works. If the section title were reflective of the majority of activity it would be called "The Religious War on Evolution". That essentially sums up what goes on here, but the main problem is that the whole thing is a farce. There is no creationism vs evolution as they aren't even mutually exclusive, plus evolution is never actually debated, only straw man versions of what people think it is.

I guess technically you could call evolution the origin of species, so it does fit the section title, but creationism is pretty much dead now(I'm talking YEC / teach ID in school crowd, not all beliefs in god or creation). Before this week there was a solid 2-3 weeks with hardly any activity at all until 2 threads were suddenly revived. You have the same few trolls that roam the section and post new threads rehashing the same old outdated arguments, but all in all nothing new happens here at all. I think simply "Origins" is a good title. Creationism is dead, nothing new has come from the movement in years. It's had it's day in the sun, but it's over now. Besides, creationism is a version of origins, so "Origins and Creationism" is a bit of a redundant title. It's like saying "Transportation and cars"

edit on 10-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Bump for Moderator &/or hopefully comment by Skeptic

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join