It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Over TV Which Listens In On Users !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well call me Winston Smith we're all naked for the all-seeing eyes.

The more idiot consumers accept this stuff the more it will happen, and the more intrusive it will become. In 50 years privacy will be abolished in the name of public safety/convenience.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I really don't get the big deal, it's not as if most of us are interesting enough for any living human being to be listening in on us live. The information is stored in a data center, with gazillions of terabytes of other information.

The only way I could see this technology being used for nefarious purposes is if you were being targeted, and the information was retroactively searched for/gone back through. Even then it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

There aren't actual human beings assigned to you personally, listening in on your mundane living room conversations.

If you want to talk "big brother" check out the Amazon Echo that has SEVEN scary microphones that are always "on" so to speak, and wakes up to answer your questions when it hears its name. I have one of those and I think it's pretty great.
I want my own personal Jarvis. Complete with british snark.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Any time 'they' tell you they are going to do something that violates your rights, you can bet its already there. They are just telling you about it "a little bit".

That way you stay informed but really what they want is to be well informed of your activities.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That would be pretty awesome. So far, Alexa (Amazon Echo) isn't very smart. I can't hook it up to any home automation devices yet. I would kind of like to be able to tell it to turn on lights or lock/unlock the door.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The only way I could see this technology being used for nefarious purposes is if you were being targeted, and the information was retroactively searched for/gone back through. Even then it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

As well the computers that store the records of your activity for "posterity" will also be monitoring it as its processed for key words. Just like back in the 80s' when machines listened into phone conversations for key words like Kilo, Cocaine, etc.

Then that bit of info is processed differently than just being stored.

Ad revenue helps pay the cost of it all.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Well call me Winston Smith we're all naked for the all-seeing eyes.

The more idiot consumers accept this stuff the more it will happen, and the more intrusive it will become. In 50 years privacy will be abolished in the name of public safety/convenience.

Once they develop a camera that can be incorporated into a disposable bottled water container or a Starbucks cup.... they will know our whereabouts at all times!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They can do that already with cell phones.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I guarantee you this technology isn't new. There's a reason I keep my built-in webcams covered at all times, can't get the microphones turned off unfortunately.

Nothing like keeping tabs on the slaves so they don't rattle their chains too much.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As well the computers that store the records of your activity for "posterity" will also be monitoring it as its processed for key words. Just like back in the 80s' when machines listened into phone conversations for key words like Kilo, Cocaine, etc.

Then that bit of info is processed differently than just being stored.

Ad revenue helps pay the cost of it all.
It's fine to entertain ideas like this, but remember. If you don't want your TV tattling on you (assuming it would even do that), simply prevent it from connecting to the internet. OR, or, here's a novel idea. Don't buy a smart friggin' TV.

link   

When the first I.C. chip was made (in the 60s) the intelligence community "met behind closed doors" with the manufacture's and would not release what was said except for one statement " THE TRANSISTORS ARE NOT JUST SWITCHES BUT PART OF LARGER SUB-SYSTEMS" As an electrical engineer that means hidden stuff in all electronics .Your old V.C.R. was not just a V.C.R., Your phone is not just a phone, Your watch ,every thing that has a chip has hidden multi- use abilities that we are not supposed to know.Next will be bacteria that emit neural info to every ones brain.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There's nothing smart about buying a tv that spies on you. Same with smartphones. It's a computer, and a surveillance device, the idiots are the consumers.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well shoot, I might as well disconnect from the grid and go live in a cave. I can't have them hearing me debate pop tarts vs. toaster strudels...

I don't even know why people are freaking out. How many times on ATS have we seen the utter failure of the intelligence community to act on actual threats? If anything the three letter agencies people are worried about are bloated, inefficient, slow, and don't communicate with each other.

We complain about the inefficiency of our intelligence community all the time on here. I think it's outrageously narcissistic to think these government groups have some kind of special interest in you or I.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: supergravity

Thankyou! Someone who realizes these capabilities have been around for a very long time but in different forms. We've always been spied on, their capabilities are unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: butcherguy

They can do that already with cell phones.

Yes, but the 9% of Americans that do not own a cell phone are the wild card that the govt hates.... they don't know for sure what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They do not have individual people sitting around spying on each person, it's very advanced computer programs able to sift words out. I don't see how anyone can be comfortable knowing they have no privacy.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's a link to a story CNN just did on this:

Your television may be spying on you

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity

When the first I.C. chip was made (in the 60s) the intelligence community "met behind closed doors" with the manufacture's and would not release what was said except for one statement " THE TRANSISTORS ARE NOT JUST SWITCHES BUT PART OF LARGER SUB-SYSTEMS" As an electrical engineer that means hidden stuff in all electronics .Your old V.C.R. was not just a V.C.R., Your phone is not just a phone, Your watch ,every thing that has a chip has hidden multi- use abilities that we are not supposed to know.Next will be bacteria that emit neural info to every ones brain.
Got a source for that? I like doing my own research.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You can't hide anymore, even in "caves". Ranger Rick has sensors in all of them.

We complain about the inefficiency of our intelligence community all the time on here. I think it's outrageously narcissistic to think these government groups have some kind of special interest in you or I.

And no paranoia at the top about "perceived threats"? What else is homeland security astronomical budget for? They aren't looking for Jihadists, thats the cover for monitoring US.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They do not have individual people sitting around spying on each person, it's very advanced computer programs able to sift words out. I don't see how anyone can be comfortable knowing they have no privacy.

Because they don't see anyone following them. If they did they might be concerned. But every where we go and everything we do we are submitting data to Central Storage.

Reminds me of the scene in The Matrix…

"You help your land lady take out her garbage" -- Agent Smith

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yea, the source is a set of books I have from the 60s called "Science year"I will look up the publisher and post later. There is even A LAW that home electronics cant be shielded because THEY MUST EXCEPT OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE EVEN IF UNDESIRABLE" The F.C.C. regulates all electronics. We are all in a giant electronic experiment.
edit on 9-2-2015 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join