It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Synchronicities - the weird truth!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

My brother sees 3.16 alot. he even proved it to me a few times (asks me what the time is and voila its 3.16).

We still dont get why.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: new_here

It's when the same one strikes again and again. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock... 3:33 every time. Sometimes I would lay there and NOT look at it right away for a couple minutes, THEN look. Only to see 3:33. It was weird. Just sayin.

Ah you've got me.....

Three times in one week a month or so ago I woke up at 5,55.

Biological clock acting up?

I thought of that too. I wanted to believe it-- it was more comforting to my mind, than to think there was something important about it that I couldn't fathom. The times when I would delay looking at the clock to 'force' another time to appear, only to still see 3:33... those times really baffled me!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have analogue clocks and a watch, kitchen clocks of people I know are analogue, when seeing the digital clock at the bottom right hand corner, I have to do a quick sum to get a time I can understand! (17.40 = twenty minuets to six!) must be my age!
Just never see any digital numbers that catch my attention, thankfully. (have more important things to worry over).

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When I wake up in the middle of the night, it's at 3:33. Always. No matter what time I go to sleep. Sometimes I just lay there for a few minutes and purposely don't look at the clock because i really don't feel like seeing it, and then when I do look it's 3:36 or 3:40. Haha.

And sure. the odds of seeing some of these times might rely on a lot of factors, and there are only so many times you can see, and maybe those are just the numbers you choose to notice or remember seeingfor one reason or another, but all the time? Just a little to strange for me.

ETA: Before this started happening about 11 years ago, 11:11 was the number that I always saw.
edit on 2/9/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Weird. Looks like we are sychronized: My post in this thread

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's 2:07 here.

I guess I'll come back @ 2:34 and give you a high five six times. After a nap, it's dinner time and I'm headed to 7-11 for a buy 1 get 1 free on eleven Hershey's candy bars. I'll make sure to bite into the first one as soon as I buy it, while still in 7-11, at exactly 7:11pm EST.

After that it's nothing but personal quiet time with Satan for the rest of the evening.

Shoot me in the side of the head plz.

Thx.
edit on 2/9/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Weird. Looks like we are sychronized: My post in this thread

Whoa. I hadn't read yours!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Alternatively, the mind keeps a running count that's quite accurate... I used to tell myself to awake at a certain time and would, to the second.

So the subconscious (whatever that really is) is quite the master at many things and making the conscious look at a clock at a certain time for the thrill isn't impossible... and is actually likely.

That said, I've experienced the weirdness, too!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Alternatively, the mind keeps a running count that's quite accurate... I used to tell myself to awake at a certain time and would, to the second.

So the subconscious (whatever that really is) is quite the master at many things and making the conscious look at a clock at a certain time for the thrill isn't impossible... and is actually likely.

That said, I've experienced the weirdness, too!

If you follow that tract then it would be tantamount to a lack of free will.

An example.

I went to our local shop with the need to buy 4 items. upon check out I find that the sum comes to £11.11....

If what you say is true then my subconscious steered me to need those products, and knew the prices of them so that when I purchased the value would show as 11.11...

A bit of a stretch wouldn't you say?

Or what about this...

I recently went to take my father inlaw to buy a classic car, when we got to the place it was direct opposite 1111 Glacier Road. We pulled up to the garage and the registration on the cars lined up, the middle car reg ended in 11 and the one next to it started with II.

or...

my dashboard has a digital display. It showed it was 11 degrees outside... at the time I looked the track on the CD changed to track 11.... they display almost exactly side by side. It's worth mentioning I have my player on shuffle with more than 500 tracks.

There are many other examples of this through out my life, these were ones I recall from the last few weeks...

Peace,

Korg.
edit on 10-2-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
11:01 pops up for me a lot, not just on clocks, but addresses, queues, birthdates and even worked at a shop that was store 1101 for that Corporation.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What about when you see it everywhere and not just on a watch?

My wife had this happen with her and the number 333. That number was everywhere and not just on the clock at 3:33. I did'nt believe her when she first started telling me that 333 was all over the place for her and I was like "No, youre just noticing it more, that's all." Then I started noticing it myself just in odd places and only around her. On TV, movies, peoples tattoos, invoices, tax receipts, a shirt I bought at goodwill, on and on and on just in the most random and even odd places.

Once we were sitting at a diner she was telling her mom about it and her mom was laughing her off and telling her shes nuts much like I did. A bright yellow 18-wheeler pulled up at the window outside our table with bright red 333 painted on the door. And thats just one crazy example it happened constantly almost like someone was trying to tell her something. It happened to her so much that she started to get a little scared by it and I had to admit that it was pretty weird. The whole 333 phase lasted about a year or so and now its not so prevalent as it was in 2011 for her.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Heh, okay, that IS more than a bit hair raising. Our consciousness (and sub) is complex, capable and largely hidden, but yeah, that is a stretch.

There have been uncomfortable times when I was sure free will was an illusion (due to weirdness and incredible, complex coincidences as well as human's programmable natures), and that we're under scrutiny and manipulation by forces unknown... as paranoid and whacky as that sounds, it's the best guess I had... simulation theory fits in, too ...but our collective situation could also be more involved than we suspect, as well.

If it's all just math and odds, though, then that might be even stranger... as in hitting the long odds way more than math would say.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Since writing this thread in the hope to dispell synchronicities I have been seeing 4,44 everywhere.

Weird.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Since writing this thread in the hope to dispell synchronicities I have been seeing 4,44 everywhere.

Weird.
Hahaha! Sorry, but I am so amused when life throws a twist like that!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Weird.

Having a scientific background and considering myself one of the more sane people in the world, It drives me nuts when it happens... I know there is an explanation... there has to be...

I'm more leaning to an artifact of a computationally generated reality than in supernatural beings trying to tell me something.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

But synchronicities are not just numbers, they can present themselves in many ways... like hearing music in your mind that you realize you haven't heard for a long long time, only for it to play on the radio in the shop you decided to walk in...

This is not necessarily a synchronicity, it could be clairvoyance, premonition, a form of telepathy, etc.

I have experienced synchronizity-effect from time to time, and it's always as astounding. Things like, watching some TV show while chatting with a friend, and then the friend mentions some peculiar word, that appears suddenly on the TV show almost simultaneously or slightly after. Or I hear a word in a song I am listening, just as the same word is suddenly in front of me in a text form on a TV show subtitle, a comic book speech bubble, or a forum post or something that I hadn't read that far until that very moment.

Or you are starting to read about a certain insect, and then open a window, and said creature flies in and sits on your desk.

Those are synchronicities. What you are describing is not exactly the same thing.

or the time you think about a person you've not seen in a while and you either bump into them by accident or they ring you.

No. This is telepathy, nothing to do with synchronicity.

Yet there will be words that appear to be common place all of a sudden, spoken as if they were spoken naturally all the time that I have NEVER heard or noticed in language before. then upon noticing it, it is used all the time by everyone I speak with... only to disappear again into the aether.

Not a synchronicity. When I learned a new word in a certain language, I started hearing that word everywhere in videos that had said language spoken in them. Now, was it synchronicity? No. It was just my brain suddenly RECOGNIZING the word and REGISTERING (as much as I hate to use this word) the word, that was before just 'noise' to it.

Your examples have nothing to do with synchronicity - are you sure you know what it actually is?

edit on 19-2-2015 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post here on ATS. I have been reading the forum for about 7 years now but never really had the feeling to mix myself in the discussions here on this board. However, this thread in combination with my synchronicity experiences made me decide to register and join you guys here to add some extra food for thought to the discussion.

I have been experiencing time synchronicities for quite some years now. The intensity of these synchronicities go up and down, and I have not figured out yet (and probably never will) why or when these time synchronicities start to pop up more at certain moments than others. However, since a couple of months I have also experienced other synchronicities in the form of words or themes that present themselves quickly after one another, for example all within one day. I have started to write them down as I am baffled and very interested by them at the same time. In my opinion these type of synchronicities are less easily explained away than time synchronicites and IMO certainly have some meaning to them, even though I don't exactly know what.

The most recent example happened just a few days ago. I was doing some research on a company that describes their vision as fighting the established order like "Don Quixote". A couple of hours later I was watching an interview with Ricardo Semler (totally unrelated), who also talked about Don Quixote. At that moment I was thinking okay, that's funny, twice Don Quixote in just a couple of hours. But in my mind I could still explain it away as a crazy coincidence. Then at night I watched the movie "The Secret in Their Eyes" and then AGAIN Don Quixote was part of a dialogue. At that moment I was totally flabbergasted. I had maybe heard of Don Quixote a couple of times in my life, but never so quick after each other, let alone three times in one day! And to top it all off, Ricardo Semler in that interview was talking about Carl Jung being his favorite/most inspiring person, and who was (in his opinion) best able to put words to the workings and mysteries of the universe. And for the people who don't know.. Carl Jung was the one who introduced the concept of Synchronicity in the 1920s.. how's that for a total mindf*ck!

In other words, for me synchronicity is something that has certainly caught my attention over the years, and my interest in it has only increased as time passes by. I have the feeling that these "coincidences" happen on a more frequent basis than before. I'd like to think that my mind filters out certain things or is playing tricks on me, but for me it has something more to it than that. Either way, it is fascinating to play around with these ideas and to discuss it with you people here who have these experiences too.

PS I have ordered Jung's book on Synchronicity a couple of weeks ago and will start to read it soon. Very curious to read more about this concept!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join