It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Synchronicities - the weird truth!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This post relates to 'watch based synchronicities' - when you always look at your watch and it reads "12,34" etc.

I noticed that most people I came across who were claiming to be experiencing strong reoccurring sychronicities were attributing them to something other than coincidence - the paranormal, being in touch with Earth's patterns, psychic markers.

I also read a few posts which said these sychronicities became stronger and more regular the more opened one's mind is.

It struck me that believing these synchronicities are more than just coincidence was a bit of a dangerous approach to mental well being.

So here's a list of some obvious time based synchronicities:

1.01, 1.11, 1.23, 2.02, 2.22, 2.34, 3.03, 3.33, 3.45, 3.21, 4.04, 4.44, 4.56, 4.32, 5.05, 5.55, 5.43, 6.06, 6.66, 6.54, 7.07, 8.08, 9.09, 10.11, 10.10, 11.11, 11.10, 11.22, 12.12, 12.34, 13.13, 13.14, 13.57, 13.12, 14.14, 14.15, 15.15, 15.16, 15.51, 16.16, 17.17, 18.18, 19.19, 20.20, 20.21, 20.22, 21.21, 21.12, 22.22, 22.33, 23.23, 23.45, 23.32, 00.00, 01.10, 02.20, 03.30.

That took about 2 minutes to type out. There are about 56 examples. Which is about 4% of the displays you can get from a digital clock.

You see what I'm getting at? There's a whole hours worth of synchronicities - it's pretty damn hard to look at your watch and NOT see one!

That's just a quick list... It doesn't factor in human tendency to want to believe, to forget non-significant digital displays and to place emphasis on the times when one sees a pattern.

I guess what I'm saying is it's all BS. It means nothing. I look at my clock now and it reads 10,10!!! OOOhhhh spoooooky!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Mine says 6:21.

No synchronicity there.

The mind looks for patterns, seeing a sequence in numbers stands out more.

What I don't get is the phenomenon where you look at your watch or phone to check the time, look away and have to look again because the time didn't register the first time..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Do you think that the synchronicity is a strictly numerical phenomena?I catch myself encountering these too, but I am interested in your take on how many levels deep the "coincidences" (context) need to go for others to attribute a more personal significance to when these sorts of things happen...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Yes yes yes

But perhaps noticing this where as otherwise you wouldn't, shows evolution of the mind

Get it

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I think it's to do with the individual. If they are in a mindset to want to see them they will.

I notice many people on the edge of a psychotic episode or in the midst of one will see these things and give them great significance a lot.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
6,66 is not a time. Oops.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
What I don't get is the phenomenon where you look at your watch or phone to check the time, look away and have to look again because the time didn't register the first time..

It's mostly a habit. Like chewing on fingers / fingernails, except more meaningful.
When it becomes a habit, a second system might appear. That you don't care about the time unless the time is important.

1. It's 3:37. So what?
2. It's 3:37. so what?
3. It's 3:39 so what?
4. It's 3:40 so HOLY CRAP. "Sorry guys, got to go!".

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Good post. Last fall, I became interested in the 9/11 conspiracy. Extremely interested. Devouring book after book on the subject.

Now, I constantly see "11s". 9:11, 11:11, and .11 of any hour. Seems like if I look at a clock 20 times a day, I will see .11 more than half of those times. I also see 7:47 quite often.

My wife believes that I am seeing 9:11 and any .11 because I have been obsessed with the 9/11 subject. She is probably right, but it seems to happen too often for pure chance.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

You see what I'm getting at? There's a whole hours worth of synchronicities - it's pretty damn hard to look at your watch and NOT see one!

What you fail to take into account is that people do not see random synchronicities... They see the same Number... and not just on a clock.

I can vouch for this personally, as I see 11:11 everywhere. on my clock, on my dash in the car, on receipts, on signs, on letters...

Now I would concur that the brain is very good at noticing patterns, it is one of the factors of intelligence. It is however very hard to explain why the synchronicities of specific numbers should occur.

But synchronicities are not just numbers, they can present themselves in many ways... like hearing music in your mind that you realize you haven't heard for a long long time, only for it to play on the radio in the shop you decided to walk in... or the time you think about a person you've not seen in a while and you either bump into them by accident or they ring you.

Another thing I have noticed is words... Now I am not a man of few words, without trying to blow ones own trumpet, I would say my vocabulary is quite large.... Yet there will be words that appear to be common place all of a sudden, spoken as if they were spoken naturally all the time that I have NEVER heard or noticed in language before. then upon noticing it, it is used all the time by everyone I speak with... only to disappear again into the aether.

I am a scholar / scientist and a business person and do not believe in the supernatural.... that doesn't mean that I can explain everything.... It does mean however that everything does have an explanation. Mystery is the foundation of all Knowledge and discovery.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 9-2-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

What you are saying reminds me of the syndrome when one purchases a new, perhaps unusual, car.

Suddenly, they're everywhere, because you now are very AWARE of the given make and model.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

i do find this interesting, but see it as nothing more than concidence. If you take into account the amount of people in the world with watches and the probability of this occuring from those that notice it, it makes sense.

Time isnt I believe connected to markings or earth patterns, as time itself and how we measure it is a human invention, yes time passes, but the way we measure and observe it is a human thing.

on the other more confusing side of the coin, you could say it doesn't exist at all, but my brain is hurting thinking about that.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

edit on 9-2-2015 by Jesse33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2015 by Jesse33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yup, the last year I've been borrowing my dads car, it's 15 years old and not particularly common to see because of its age...well that's what I thought! I see the same model quite often now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry about that. I'm still trying to figure everything out.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It's when the same one strikes again and again. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock... 3:33 every time. Sometimes I would lay there and NOT look at it right away for a couple minutes, THEN look. Only to see 3:33. It was weird. Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

It's when the same one strikes again and again. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and look at the clock... 3:33 every time. Sometimes I would lay there and NOT look at it right away for a couple minutes, THEN look. Only to see 3:33. It was weird. Just sayin.

Ah you've got me.....

Three times in one week a month or so ago I woke up at 5,55.

Biological clock acting up?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Korg Trinity

What you are saying reminds me of the syndrome when one purchases a new, perhaps unusual, car.

Suddenly, they're everywhere, because you now are very AWARE of the given make and model.

I would agree to some extent... Though I am not unobservant, and certainly in the case of language. This does not however explain the walking into a shop that suddenly starts playing a song that you have been humming all day, or the thinking of a friend to have them ring you or to accidentally come across them.

These of course could be pure coincidence, but for the frequency that they happen. I have learned to ride my life, feeling for the current and using it to my advantage.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

i do find this interesting, but see it as nothing more than concidence. If you take into account the amount of people in the world with watches and the probability of this occuring from those that notice it, it makes sense.

Time isnt I believe connected to markings or earth patterns, as time itself and how we measure it is a human invention, yes time passes, but the way we measure and observe it is a human thing.

on the other more confusing side of the coin, you could say it doesn't exist at all, but my brain is hurting thinking about that.

On a quantum level coincidence is a probability field shape and synchronicity is another probability field shape that can become energized. In this case 2 different actions in space time being connected to each other. People who play around with higher level consciousness will sooner or later notice synchronicities and play around with energetic fields. Going where mystics have gone before with their magic (intent->manifestation).

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Exactly.....

There are only so many times you can call it coincidence.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Mine goes back to the calculator and spelling hell upside down with 11:34. I see it way too often. Way too often.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join