It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM reports: The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
All the data on global warming has to be real. The government agencies like Nasa and Noaa say it's true.
The government says 911 was terrorists,
Vaccinations are safe and
Ufo's are not real.
Everybody takes the word of the government as absolute, non agenda driven best for the people truth..............on global warming.
Normally the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You forgot:The unemployment rate is only 5.6% and "every family will save $2500.00 on theie health insurance".

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Already posted day ago here.

This is just an example of the anti climate change crowd cherry picking data points.

It is cute how a lot of the resident anti man made climate faithful are up and already claiming victory over the climate debate because of this story.

Human ignorance is truly infinite.

Ignorance huh, how come my NASA meteorologist friend nearly died because they wanted him to shut up about the data manipulation? They didn't dare risk firing him, so they tried to kill him instead, when that failed, he got the message, shut up.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

This is just an example of the anti climate change crowd cherry picking data points.

It is cute how a lot of the resident anti man made climate faithful are up and already claiming victory over the climate debate because of this story.

Ignorance huh, how come my NASA meteorologist friend nearly died because they wanted him to shut up about the data manipulation? They didn't dare risk firing him, so they tried to kill him instead, when that failed, he got the message, shut up.

Don't take this the wrong way but your friend telling you something is not really helpful. Do I believe you? Maybe. Can it be proven? No..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sure, but isn't it a risk to assume that 1.) cycles cannot be broken and 2.) not everything that appears cyclical is, particularly when new things are introduced into the equation?

Mr X has a cycle of his blood pressure spiking, but it always comes down to a normal level again, so nothing to worry about. Until Mr X has that fatal stroke.

This is bs reasoning.

You are assuming, there is no observed evidence to support this.

Sure Mr. X will die.

The climate does not have a deffinite life span.

Co2 has never once been observed to cause out of control warming in the climate, not one time.

It has though been shown to corelate with an explosion of life.

Because plants grow larger faster, being the base level of the food chain, one would then rationally surmise this is a good thing.
edit on 9-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
Mark Twain

Which kind do you think the climate data is? And I'm not talking about the claims of the so-called "denialists."

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I have to agree.

Hence so many believing co2 will cause out of control warming.

Even though it has never even once happened.

But has been higher, and every time it was life flourished.

Human ignorance is infinite.....too bad it is the opposite way you believe it to be.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

All the data on global warming has to be real. The government agencies like Nasa and Noaa say it's true.
The government says 911 was terrorists,
Vaccinations are safe and
Ufo's are not real.
Everybody takes the word of the government as absolute, non agenda driven best for the people truth..............on global warming.
Normally the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You forgot:The unemployment rate is only 5.6% and "every family will save $2500.00 on theie health insurance".

Great point, I forgot the gov is infallible and would never lie to us to suit their ends...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: luthier

Who said we're defending pollution?

Of course, I have to ask you when you decided that the gas you exhale that plants need like you need oxygen became pollution ...

I never said co2 is pollution or i believe its the cause of these problems.

I have to ask you is co2 the only pollution associated with industrial manufacturing, refining oil, making herbacides and chemicles? Global warming as a political message is a sham because it hides a much more serious problem with is the decimation of habitat and the extinction of species. Unfortuantely those poluters and the lifestyles that support them are not being debated. Instead we talk about taxes as if they will stop anything.

All the people against climate change are also mostly oblivious to the fact there is a much more serious enviornemntal problem going on which is the destruction of the life cycle. Now this has all happened before with space artifacts impacting the earth.... it has not happened with an animal on the planet conscious enough to know better creating the problem.

There are teo sides to this argument for climate change and they are both wrong. Its about destroying habitat and premature species extinction.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The United states has made huge strides towards cleaning up the environment in my lifetime. I'm 43
Nothing is perfect but progress is being made.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
The problem with the people that believe in global warming is if they actually researched the data and came to the conclusion global warming might be a SCAM, they would be "literally" biting the hand that feeds them .

Low or no information people don't care about the truth, just the next Government check and who to elect so the free STUFF keeps coming. IMO

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The United states has made huge strides towards cleaning up the environment in my lifetime. I'm 43

But you cant bring back the things that are already gone.

And all we did was move the polution to a different spot. And its far worse then it ever was here.

Truth is we cant change anything unless we change our consumption habits and how we manufacture and use energy.
edit on 9-2-2015 by luthier because: sp

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The people pushing the man-made global warming trend angle aren't concerned with temperature figures of any kind. The only numbers that interest them have a $ in front and a lot of 0's following.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Great thread Absolute,
I only have have two threads to my name
and the most important one to me is this topic.
I'm not pro oil or pro pollution by any means,
and we need clean energy for humans health, but the data is bunk.
The Sun is in the early stages of its completely on time
nap and it's going to get colder. This explains the 18 year
Global Warming pause. Which I know simply doesn't exist
in many people's minds because of the way science has F'ed up
so badly on this one .
The ice age is here regardless of who it embarrasses .
youtu.be...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-2-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

I'd like to add we humans were certainly warming the planet albeit briefly
with our emissions but the Sun is totally in charge and decided to dim enough
to mitigate every last molecule of CO2 we've added. A less than 0.2% variation in brightness
is all it takes to trigger an ice age. As our Sunspot numbers drop so will the temp.
The real question is will it be a mini 200 year dip or will it be the what looks to be on schedule
90,000 year drop ? I think it's the big one.

edit on 9-2-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: link 2 and a bit more

edit on 9-2-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: maths

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

The people pushing the man-made global warming trend angle aren't concerned with temperature figures of any kind. The only numbers that interest them have a $ in front and a lot of 0's following.

So are the deniers. They already have indusry with lot of money and they dont want to give way to new industry. Both sides have their agenda. One wants to keep poluting and producing the other wants to make money off peoples compassion.

There is no way to deny we have caused the extinction of literally millions of microbes, plants, animals, and bacteria. All those things contribute to climate.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

By leaps and bounds iny 36 years

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What things are gone?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Great thread Absolute,
so badly on this one .
youtu.be...

Thats not really how the ice ages happen. In the past there are many causes volcanoes being a big one. The other is the warming cycle heats the caps, the water level rises, the surface area of water changes, the evaporation level gets higher, more clouds, the sun gets cooler, start again.

It is very possible (not saying we did this) hypothetically that human beings could heat the earth earlier than usual and trigger the event sooner.

Like i say over and over its about polution in general and the premature extiction of flaura and fauna. Those things will make it hard for humans to breath and eat.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Urantia1111

So are the deniers. They already have indusry with lot of money and they dont want to give way to new industry. Both sides have their agenda. One wants to keep poluting and producing the other wants to make money off peoples compassion.

There is no way to deny we have caused the extinction of literally millions of microbes, plants, animals, and bacteria. All those things contribute to climate.

Stop crying with this bs.

Before man ever took a single breath, 99.9% of all the life forms in this planets history had become extinct.

This is what life does, it dies and gets replaced by a more suitable form.

Oh I get it, when nature kills 99.9% of all species it is fine....when man kills 0.01% of all species we are evil and must starve to death and die....

Do you even think or research before you type this bs?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Great thread Absolute,
so badly on this one .
youtu.be...

Thats not really how the ice ages happen. In the past there are many causes volcanoes being a big one. The other is the warming cycle heats the caps, the water level rises, the surface area of water changes, the evaporation level gets higher, more clouds, the sun gets cooler, start again.

It is very possible (not saying we did this) hypothetically that human beings could heat the earth earlier than usual and trigger the event sooner.

Like i say over and over its about polution in general and the premature extiction of flaura and fauna. Those things will make it hard for humans to breath and eat.

So now it is an emotional appeal.... But what if?

Lol

What if we stop using fossil fuels today and 7 billion people starve and or freeze to death?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

"All the people against climate change are also mostly oblivious to the fact there is a much more serious enviornemntal problem going on which is the destruction of the life cycle. Now this has all happened before with space artifacts impacting the earth.... it has not happened with an animal on the planet conscious enough to know better creating the problem. "
yeah... because you know what everyone against climate change knows and does not know... And I'd wager that if you were to interview everyone participating in the climate change debate there would be many different sides, not just two.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join