It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Mummies found 'floating in sewage'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Two ancient Egyptian mummies have been found floating in sewage in a village waterway, it's reported.
The mummies, which were wrapped in several layers of linen and still in their wooden sarcophagi, were found by police in a village near the city of Minya, about 240km (150 miles) south of Cairo, the CairoScene online magazine reports. They're thought to date back to the Greco-Roman era, from 332 BC to 395 AD, but the Ministry of Antiquities says little is left of the bodies. "Although the coffins were decorated with colourful designs, they were missing any ancient Egyptian inscriptions or hieroglyphics," the ministry says in a statement. A third sarcophagus was also found, but was empty.

Egypt: Mummies found 'floating in sewage'

The curse of the mummy continues! The missing mummy may be caused by an ancient egyptian curse. And boy will he be pi**“d off when he finds out where they dumped his coffin! I would be!

edit on 2/9/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
This smacks of an attempted coverup by the evil Zahi Hawass.....arch enemy of western archaeology....

or tomb robbers maybe?
Could they have been flooded out of the ground....?
edit on 9-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I bet that involved a lot of grunting.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I'll go with it being @$$ holes that done it. During the Roman period of Egyptian history I think the sarcophagi were a lot simpler in their design and Roman style death masks became common.
Ebay antiques

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Well that's kinda sh#tty SORRY!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well, when you realize Egypt is just lousy with mummies. Seriously, the place is just full of the things. A nation doesn't spend four thousand years out of its six-thousand year history making mummies out of every damn thing that died, without getting something of a surplus.

Most are just Haknek the Barley-whacker and his wife Tufni the Wide-Bottomed. Can't all be King Tut, you know.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
Well, when you realize Egypt is just lousy with mummies. Seriously, the place is just full of the things. A nation doesn't spend four thousand years out of its six-thousand year history making mummies out of every damn thing that died, without getting something of a surplus.

Most are just Haknek the Barley-whacker and his wife Tufni the Wide-Bottomed. Can't all be King Tut, you know.

Lol.
This is pretty much what I was thinking.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: stirling

I'll go with it being @$$ holes that done it. During the Roman period of Egyptian history I think the sarcophagi were a lot simpler in their design and Roman style death masks became common.
Ebay antiques

Who is that? Pinocchio?
edit on 292015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The whitest kid you know. He's dirt now and still a known white kid.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In the 1930's, hundreds of thousands of those mummies were exported to the USA and Europe for the novelty factor as party gifts. People would unwrap them just to find what gold ornaments were inside. Then what was left was burnt for firewood.
All that history just lost.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Well he looks Italian. The Romans adapted the burial practices of Egypt along with other aspects of Egyptian culture. Same as they did with the Greek culture and the same way the Egyptians adopted Roman and Greek culture. The whole region was a melting pot of different societies. But anyway I just thought he looks like a boy made of wood. Perhaps if we can get him to tell a lie the issue would be settled?

top topics

join