It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took 'selfie' with the body

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Any chance this has to do with any racial tensions in the area or anything? It was a black on white murder and from what I can find in the news there is no known motive for it, but the shooter also said that Ryan was not going to be the last one.....so was he targeting people for some reason?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Fry the guy. The country has plenty of sociopaths to replace him.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Anyafaj

I think it's a combination of a lot of things including the detachment from reality that is a result of growing up in the modern world. Facebook and other social media along with video games...

Any JFK people reading this that noticed who the article said did the autopsy? Cyril Wecht!!! Man, he's my hero!

I thought he was familiar and famous. I didn't realize he was in my neck of the woods. I know he's done other cases but my brain is fuzzing at the moment.

Cyril Wecht

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Any chance this has to do with any racial tensions in the area or anything? It was a black on white murder and from what I can find in the news there is no known motive for it, but the shooter also said that Ryan was not going to be the last one.....so was he targeting people for some reason?

I noticed that too. My first thought was bullying, not racial. But who's to say.

Anything is possible. If police have a motive, they're not releasing it yet. They could be holding it for trial.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

I noticed that too. My first thought was bullying, not racial. But who's to say.

Anything is possible. If police have a motive, they're not releasing it yet. They could be holding it for trial.

Is there much in the way of racial tensions in that area?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I wish I could say but I just moved here the 23rd of December, so I truly don't know. I can ask my neighbors and see what they say. I'll also buy the local paper today and see what it has to say about it as well. It might have some insight in there that's not being reported nationally.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Another thug genius. These dolts are bombarded with garbage rap that tells them to be "gangsta's" and they buy into it. The result is an uneducated, violent group that has no internal 'consequence switch.' Craving recognition and importance, they commit crimes without thinking of consequences and then post images on social media so as to impress their friends. They are untamed beasts that are too dangerous to be in the general population and of no earthly use. We should bring back the chain gangs and get labor out of violent offenders, at least.

Maybe it is time to hold their mentors responsible. Maybe we should sue the rap moguls for all their assets to cover the damages that their crap 'music' causes. Even as the moguls kill each other off, their death rate is too slow and others take their places spouting more of the venom that the youth listen to and the mentally feeble act on.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yeah, he's worked on other high profile things too. It's the JFK stuff that I think of first though when I think of him.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I spoke with some of the neighbors, it seems there's not much in terms of racial tensions here. I would guess bullying, personality clash, or just a psycho teen. I'm about to read the paper, if I see anything new in there, I'll share it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The story has hit major media now. Some media has this reported as happening in Pittsburgh, it happened in Jeannette which is abut 30-40 minutes SE of Pitts.

USA Today

Wa shington Post

Huffington Post

Forbes

NewsMax

Sydney Herald

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Where are the "white lives matter" protest signs or hashtags? Crickets? Exactly...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There was nothing in the paper today about the shooting, however, it did mention that schools were on a 2 hour delay as the funeral was set for 10 am this morning. Any student attending the funeral needed a note from their parents as to why they were late, or not attending school. As well, all basketball games were cancelled this week and grief counselors would be on hand for the kids.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Where are the "white lives matter" protest signs or hashtags? Crickets? Exactly...

Why would whites protest a black student being murdered by a white student? Curious. Also, this wasn't racially motivated. This is a town of around 4000 people. Most likely this was bullying, or just some punk kid trying to make a name for himself. Why not take your hate elsewhere.
edit on 2/9/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Says the person that hasn't read the story....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I broke the story for ATS. I've been posting updates on the story. I LIVE here. I'm a LOCAL, who are YOU?

Where the heck have you been????

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I broke the story for ATS. I've been posting updates on the story. I LIVE here. I'm a LOCAL, who are YOU?

Please explain to me how one of the videos you posted on this page has a picture of a white teen with the heading of "Victim" show he's the murderer?

Wait he wasn't the victim of murder, he was the victim of bullying as you put it.... SMH..... deny ignorance my foot!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Please explain to me how one of the videos you posted on this page has a picture of a white teen with the heading of "Victim" show he's the murderer?

Wait he wasn't the victim of murder, he was the victim of bullying as you put it.... SMH..... deny ignorance my foot!

I said it's POSSIBLE bullying. I never said definite. I said "police haven't released a motive yet". Therefore no one know. Not you, not I. It's all speculation. One thing that IS known, is it's more than likely NOT racial, as there ARE no tensions in this area. Unless if there were specific tensions ONLY between the two of them and JUST them, again that police are not releasing.

And as for the videos, if they mix up the names, that's on me??? I didn't do it, go blast Action News 4!!! Put the pin in their hot air balloon. Not mine. They mix the names up doesn't still make it racial. Duh!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Reading is a difficult thing for you isn't it? btw I was pointing out hypocrisy not racism..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Reading is a difficult thing for you isn't it? btw I was pointing out hypocrisy not racism..

Considering that isn't one of the links I put up, no reading isn't difficult. But I see it's difficult for Yahoo to report. Thanks for pointing that out. Next time if you wish to point out my "reading" skills, feel free to use a link that was shown to all, not one you kept hidden away all for you. Or even better, share your link with the rest of the class, so we all know what the flick your talking about. You done trolling now, or can we go back to the subject at hand?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ryan Mangan laid to rest 10 am this morning at the Sacred Heart Church in Jeannette

Around 250 people, including fellow students from Jeannette High School, showed their respects

A funeral was held for a 16-year-old Pennsylvania boy who authorities said was shot by a classmate who took a selfie with his body.

Family and friends gathered at Sacred Heart Church in Jeannette this morning for the funeral mass of Ryan Mangan, who was found fatally shot in his home on February 4.

Around 250 people attended to show their respects, and a private burial immediately followed at the Sacred Heart Cemetery.

The friend's mother, who first alerted police about the picture from Morton, also said her son received messages from him that said: 'I told you I cleaned up the shells' and 'Ryan was not the last one'.

Following a search at Morton's home, he confessed to shooting Mangan after police found a 9mm handgun hidden under the basement steps that matched the shell casing found at the scene of the murder, according to TribLive.

In the ongoing investigation, Morton's phone will be examined for any other evidence and police are continuing to look for a motive in the shooting.

A GoFundMe page was created to help contribute to Mangan's burial cost and nearly $6,000 were raised in donations. In four days, 169 people contributed $5,925 to the funeral fund.

A post written on the page said that Mangan leaves behind devastated parents, a brother, niece, extended relatives and many friends.

The Jeannette School District delayed classes by two hours because of the funeral, and said grief counselors will be available during the next few days, according to the Post-Gazette.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join