It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took 'selfie' with the body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's the video games. He probably shot his friends countless times online.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

That's absolutely false, and totally ignorant.

Please, do elaborate?

www.medscape.com...

Note I say OFTEN involving domestic violence abuse? A troubled childhood can mean a plethora of things, mind you.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Westmoreland is just down the road from me as well. But I haven't heard the story on the news, it's all about the shooting at the Monroeville mall.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Strawberry88

You're lying. You said "most every" and you didn't bother to read the article you posted, either. Two strikes for intellectual dishonesty.

"Most nonviolent and violent crimes are committed by a small group of males and females who display conduct problems that onset in childhood and remain stable across the lifespan," study author Sheilagh Hodgins, PhD, told Medscape Medical News.
Link

This is as much a show of genetic cause, than environmental.

I don't need to elaborate. Your assertion is dishonest, and based on belief only.
edit on 9-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A quick search on the Internet would show you that not all criminals had a bad childhood, hell there are serial killers who had a good childhood but you continue to put all the blame on society.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle
Westmoreland is just down the road from me as well. But I haven't heard the story on the news, it's all about the shooting at the Monroeville mall.

Maybe once the trial starts it will get bigger play?

I know the residents in my building were talking about it, then I saw it on Daily Mail, which kind of surprised me to see it on a British site.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I live in Somerset county, maybe they aren't talking as much about it here because there were more victims in the mall shooting. Maybe it will be on tomorrow's news or I just missed it tonight.

Funny how one text on the phone mentioned him picking up the shell casing from the 9MMS, as if he was saying he was smart enough (thought) he was, to not leave evidence behind but was stupid enough to take a selfie at the scene with the corpse!
edit on 2 9 2015 by ThisIsMyRifle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

If you're going to get offensive over semantics/grammar that's fine, not the first time I get blatantly misunderstood and I'm sure it won't be the last either. I'm Dutch and by now have learned that English is interpreted in 1 million ways, but I've never been called a liar and dishonest before. I'm a trained art therapist (not a real degree, boo hoo) and I don't need an online stranger to confirm what I see every day.

I've met my fair share of troubled souls and if there's one thing they all have in common, it's a #ty childhood, but you're right, my formulation was all wrong and I got called out for it, you win, though you could have been a lot nicer about it.

By the way, I really couldn't care less about your strikes. You're rude, I hope I didn't "strike" a nerve or something.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle

I live in Somerset county, maybe they aren't talking as much about it here because there were more victims in the mall shooting. Maybe it will be on tomorrow's news or I just missed it tonight.

Funny how one text on the phone mentioned him picking up the shell casing from the 9MMS, as if he was saying he was smart enough (thought) he was, to not leave evidence behind but was stupid enough to take a selfie at the scene with the corpse!

Yeah I thought that was stupid funny myself. LOL

Kids think they're geniuses when really some can be little idiots.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sadly one more reason to lower the minimum age of the death penalty to about 14/15-and enforce the hell out of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Jeesus yes lets kill off the 14 yr olds too....or what about the seven yr old shooters?
This is about the dissociative state that kids are being encouraged to enter through their entertainment, and even perhaps education...not to mention all the social disconnects between what we say and what gets done these days...
The majority will tell you the government lies all the time...reality is whats going around currently, and may change in a heartbeat with the next war or group murder or whathave you.
Nurturing kids properly is not done efficiently with 2 working harassed and worried parents either...never mind the divorce rate, the drug use both legal and not so legal....and the worship of money.....above all else...
Ask me ill tell you the kids are all #ed up...and its not a big surprise......
but we cant kill em all....who will support us in our old adage?

edit on 9-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Edit: Derp, I accidentally deleted my response to the OP.

This kid is just pure evil. Whether by nature or nurture is up for debate, but thank god he's caught & not free to do this time & again. He well could have killed more if he hadn't been stupid enough to incriminate himself afterward.

If not for peoples stupidity there would be a lot more unsolved murders out there, and with those murderers not caught they would continue to do it.

Be glad we have forensics these days and that people are incredibly poor at keeping secrets... they have to tell someone somehow. If it weren't for that one simple fact there would be a lot more Ted Bundys and Jack the Rippers out there.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
In the 21st century world of Facebook self-aggrandising, here's a simple but sage little piece of advice for those who wish to partake:

"Brains before brawn."

That is all.
edit on 9-2-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
In the 21st century world of Facebook self-aggrandising, here's a simple but sage little piece of advice for those who wish to partake:

"Brains before brawn."

That is all.

I believe this has been true throughout all of human history. It's just more apparent now because most people aren't all that technical. To the majority of people tech, how it works, why it works, and how to use it might as well simply be magic. In this case that ignorance got this kid caught, though the text message implies he told the other kid about it so even low tech methods would have likely done him in too.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It may have a part to play but i would think it more like more population = more psychos ...you need look no further than the Anita Cobby case....and yeah its really disturbing what happened to this young girl,you have to dig a little for details but if you find them prepare to be horrified

i will not link anything because what happened was beyond extreme...just search australian murders and her name...this happened long before facebook was conceived

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the 1st selfie

Remember seeing images of a biker gang girl and her new BF posing with the mutilated body of her previous biker gang BF

That was before digital cameras or cell phone with camera so she had to take the negatives in to be developed!

Needless to say the store that developed this went straight to the police

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

This new fad of easy access internet self-aggrandising certainly has saved detectives, forensics, and law enforcement a whole lot of time and effort.

If nothing else, at least these narcissistic psychopaths are saving the taxpayers a ton of money at the end of the day.

"What's this ?! A picture of yourself standing next to a bludgened body whilst holding the murder weapon in hand posted that same day for all the world to see ?! Why thank you, thank you very much."

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I think it's a combination of a lot of things including the detachment from reality that is a result of growing up in the modern world. Facebook and other social media along with video games...

Any JFK people reading this that noticed who the article said did the autopsy? Cyril Wecht!!! Man, he's my hero!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Another case of acting out hostile feelings.
The Emmy show had a good example last night.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

A quick search on the Internet would show you that not all criminals had a bad childhood, hell there are serial killers who had a good childhood but you continue to put all the blame on society.

Agreed.

Criminals come from ALL backgrounds.

It just tends to be the poorer ones and ones with bad backgrounds that get caught more often.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join