It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul Premier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Any thoughts?
I loved it..thought it worked on a lot of different levels but most importantly was entertaining.
It had the Breaking Bad appeal with a good crossover.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've got a few minutes left in the show. He's just hired the kids and I'm thinking there's no way things can wrong with Jimmy's plan.Nuh uh, no way.

This should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
And the guy that pulled him in the door at the end was one of the badass guys that got killed early in BB.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Tuco Salamanca. Nice touch, but for me it was the beginning, Saul at Cinnabon. That not only is funny as hell but I really thought that was Saul being Saul at the end of BB. Never thought he'd really be doing that. I also didn't expect anything "present day" in the show, I figured it would all be the past before BB.

It's TV so I don't get any stars for predicting the plan would go awry but I loved it when the car bolted. Didn't expect it to go that way, nor the Tuco angle. That will be fun.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I thought the show was great! I think it has great potential also...I'm excited to see what happens with the 2nd part of the premiere tomorrow!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just chiming in so I remember to post my thoughts on this once I finish it. I've been pretty excited for BCS since I was a big BB fan.

(Havent looked at any of the replies yet, I just want to make sure I dont forget about this thread)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm excited, but have to wait. Huge Breaking Bad fan, but I got rid of cable a few years ago.
Have to catch it at a friends or online somewhere. Any suggestions, I don't torrent shows I like.
I catch Bob's Burgers on Hulu, but not sure there will be a place for AMC shows.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Man I wasn't expecting much but in the first 10 minutes I can tell it is gonna be a good one.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So I guess the Cinnabon thing means he had to use his "guy" in order to disappear post BB?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Any thoughts?
I loved it..thought it worked on a lot of different levels but most importantly was entertaining.
It had the Breaking Bad appeal with a good crossover.

Yes! 10/10 ! It was GREAT to see Saul in witness protection or he had his "Guy" make him "Disappear" at the beginning..Not to mention seeing MIKE!!!
LOVED every second!

edit on 2/9/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So I guess the Cinnabon thing means he had to use his "guy" in order to disappear post BB?

Yep screams witness protection ..or Sauls " Disappear Guy" I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Archer.... I'm not so sure that this is taking place "post" Breaking Bad. At first I thought that he was in witness protection, or that he was just somewhere else laying low with a new ID. But I'm not sure.

At the beginning of the show, it is all in black and white. He gets out the old video and watches it remembering.
Then it switches to color and the show goes on.

Then we see Mike at the ticket booth and there is no recognition. This was either because it was just a cameo appearance by the actor OR because the two characters had not yet met in the time sequence of Breaking Bad.

The way he was already in tight with the old guy in the non-electric house suggested a long term relationship and also the other relationships seemed to have him being well known enough, which would not hold so much if he were incogneto.

It may be that the Jimmy character was Saul's real name before he changed it to become Saul. The way ye sat down the two skaters and told them about Jimmy the Slipper, suggested that HE might have been Jimmy the Slipper when he was young. It may be that all of this is a memory of how he became Saul and started on his own path of breaking bad. Huh???
Maybe I am over analyzing.

But this would all hold also by the ending of the first hour, when he gets pulled into the house by Tuco. Also maybe just a cameo for the actor, but maybe this is how Saul (Jimmy) meets Tuco for the first time before Tuco is killed later in BB.
Jeeze, I could be way off base here.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
Archer.... I'm not so sure that this is taking place "post" Breaking Bad. At first I thought that he was in witness protection, or that he was just somewhere else laying low with a new ID. But I'm not sure.

The whole show is a backstory about how Jimmy McGill becomes Saul Goodman.

The opening sequence is clearly post-BB. As he looks at the person sitting at the table the implication is that he is paranoid and that someone has finally found him. If you remember in the Granite State episode of Breaking Bad Saul actually says , "If I'm lucky, in a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha"

It then moves into the development story of the character .

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The first episode was fantastic. Saul was always one of my favorites in Breaking Bad.

Im surprised Mike and Tuco were already appearing. I really had no idea how the show would start, but once I saw those 2, I got a big smile on my face.

Anyways, Im ready for the second part airing tonight!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Loving it

Appears like his housemate Chuck is an ATS member lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
I'm excited, but have to wait. Huge Breaking Bad fan, but I got rid of cable a few years ago.
Have to catch it at a friends or online somewhere. Any suggestions, I don't torrent shows I like.
I catch Bob's Burgers on Hulu, but not sure there will be a place for AMC shows.

Check your messages I sent you a few sites you might like to check out.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I guess Chuck is his brother, according to this? So far, I like it too, and yes, good to see Mike. The thing is though, since it's going back in time, they should look younger. They don't. hehe.

Other reveals in Episode 2 of Saul include his brother Chuck, a paranoid schizophrenic who’s deathly scared of modern technology, living like a hermit in a dark home without electricity. The former legal bigwig tosses Jimmy’s cellphone into his yard after he accidentally brings it into his Luddite den, before wrapping himself in a “space blanket” for protection against the radiation. We’re also treated to a highly stylized, dialogue-free sequence in which a shell-shocked-post-Tuco Jimmy is hitting on a buxom floozy at a restaurant/bar, only to have his concentration be interrupted by a symphony of cracked breadsticks. It’s a great scene that recalls the manic flair of Breaking Bad.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Thank you. I watches them on AMC.com today. The twi Better Call Saul episodes are up for like 26 more days.
I didnt think to check it because id triee to watch The Walking Dead there and you had to login and give a cable provider. That isnt the case with Better Call Saul though (still is the case for Walking Dead) I guess since its a new show they are getting all the ad money they can whereas WD is a proven moneymaker so they require an account.

At any rate I watched them and it was gnarly. Its cool seeing his back story, but I hope eventually we see more post breaking bad. That seemed more interesting to me than the two redheades kids.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So in BB did Saul somehow get ahold of Fringe to get Mike to do the Jane cleanup? Was Mike freelancing as a cleaner on the side of Fringes security? That doesnt make much sense to me because Saul didnt know Gus and Gus disnt care about Jesse at this point in the story yet Gus' head of security does a cleanup job for Saul and Jesse.

Also with Saul only knowing a guy who knows a guy who can put him in touch with Gustave it doesnt seem like the odds of him knowing Mike before hand would be very good.

I dont know, just one thing ive always wondered. Why Fringe's aecurity guy dis the clean up job and was introduces that way rather than introduced as Fringe's security guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I thought it was his brother or dad at firat but then when he says something about his name being confused with the brand of the big firm I was confused. If he was relates to a guy who was a third owner of a huge dirm youd think he'd have a job as a top lawyer.

Yeah I was trying to figure that out too. They are close, have the same last name, and both lawyers, but they never make it clear and he suggests james/saul change his firm name ao it isnt confused with the McGill in his firm (ie chuck himself and his firm). I guess we will find out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join