It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible mini nuke set off in Donetsk, Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This youtube video was uploaded a few hours ago:

I found this while browsing reddit. No information just the raw video. Perhaps the seismic graphs can give more info.
edit on 8-2-2015 by jrod because: a

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
1 thread on this already closed down because GLP was used as a source.
Like Elton said ..another thread already on going.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My search didn't hit the right parameters..my bad.

Still interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think it looks a little like those percussion bombs. They incorporate magnesium or some other metal into their construction of the weapon and ignite the magnesium upon exploding.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Fuel-Air bomb perhaps.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

US is so desperate to start Ww3 to erase its debt

I would not be surprised at all if US told Kiev to nuke Eastern Ukraine

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
At first , I thought it was a Missile.. being the burn off only last maybe 8 seconds or so . But then Mini nuke Seems more appropriate.. This angle.. You'll see GUN FIRE center left.. Then the explosion... *Ground Level* Explosion at that ..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Y3K89

But then Mini nuke Seems more appropriate

Why?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A smaller nuke at ground level rather then being dropped, and in size.. Seemed more appropriate.

The assumption of a Nuke explosion, in a lot of minds, is an aircraft dropping the load.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Y3K89

Why a nuke?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I highly doubt that was a nuclear detonation being filmed. If that were the case, the observers would have been blinded (temporarily), by the flash. No where in that video was there any indication that was the case..

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
don't you think if this was a nuclear weapon that it would be breaking news all over the world?
We've seen explosions like this before and it was either a munitions depot or a fuel storage lot getting hit.
It might even just be a large munition. .but a nuke?

keep dreamin!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I've been to airshows where the pyrotechnics have made mushroom clouds, this blast is different.

After watching Y3K89's vid, I am not going to rule out a nuclear explosion.

The video I originally posted has the blast hitting about 10 sec after the flash, so they about 2 nm from the blast........

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I heard threw the grape vine it was chemical plant stuck by anti-sepratists/US wrong cords given to them

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I've been to airshows where the pyrotechnics have made mushroom clouds, this blast is different.
They don't often set of fuel-air explosives at airshows and mushroom clouds indicate...not much.

See my post above.
edit on 2/9/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The pyrotechnics were on the ground at those air shows. Never mentioned fuel-air explosives.

I'm not really sure what your point is. Mushroom cloud does not equal nuke. This blast seems to be quite powerfull.

Perhaps a MOAB or FOAB....

Here is what a chemical explosion looks like on IR(infrared), this happened in Jacksonville, Fl:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I would say high powered thermobaric weapon detonation would be a better fit for the explosion in this video, than any size of nuclear weapon, be it mini or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think it looks a little like those percussion bombs. They incorporate magnesium or some other metal into their construction of the weapon and ignite the magnesium upon exploding.

It is powdered aluminum.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I highly doubt that was a nuclear detonation being filmed. If that were the case, the observers would have been blinded (temporarily), by the flash. No where in that video was there any indication that was the case..

Only if they were close enough...the great the distance the greater the defraction of the light by the atmosphere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join