It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disembodied voices when I'm laying down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: scolai
If it is hypnagogic, then at least I know it's all in my head.

Let's check what is in favor of this explanation:

But the voices permeate whatever sound comes through the TV, regardless of what show or music I have playing.

These voices are not influenced by external sounds

I have, on occasion, but not often, carried on a conversation with one of the female voices telepathically

These voices are aware about what you are thinking.

It seems pretty clear. Whether you believe it's a separate entity or your own subconscious, it is all happening in your head.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I wouldn`t go to psychiatrist in any case though. They can`t cover #. All they can do is to prescribe pills that only supress your happenings but immediately after you stop taking them, the # reappears. Definitely not a solution. I won`t say that all of the pyschiatrists are bad, actually talking to people like that could solve a lot of things but that doesn`t necessarily mean they have to be pyschiatrists. There are cases ofc where people don`t accept any other explanation for an answer and there is nothing more to do than give em pills to distort their minds. I think it would actually help a lot for Shamans, Priests, Psychiatrists and all others, associated with this subject, working together. Yes they would have to be very open minded but the results of actually helping people could be much better because as far as science goes on the matter, there is nothing to prove, at least not yet...only thousands upon thousands individual records with personal behaviour, responses on different approaches and reactions on different medications...

As it is now, just like you said, art is the closest association and there are many scam artists that abuse pacient`s trust, sell them drugs and destroy their lives for personal profit...and the most disappointing thing is that some of them think they`re doing the right thing...

a reply to: scolai

Well, I think you were there alright. You might not be aware of it but you crossed the bridge. It would explain your heartbeat. I would dare to say it was a your auto self-defense mechanism which pulled you right back when you entered, subconcious fear being the most common trigger..
edit on 10-2-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I work with mental disorders, and the calmness with which you describe your 'hearing' is at odds with the GENERAL presentation of audio hallucination, in that, for my clients, they are usually accompanied by a change of medication, a state of stress, a fear etc And that is usually apparent when they report what they've heard.

Which is not to say it isn't all about you; I guess I have a vested interest, as I recently posted about my experience when, at around 8am, I woke, lifted my head to see the time, thought how refreshed I felt (so definitely awake) and closed my eyes to luxiriate in my Saturday lie-in. Only to feel a heavy 'man' sit on the bed near my feet and clearly, but softly say, 'we made it!' He sounded pleased; but not smug or triumphant - he sounded like you would when you've found your seat on a train you thought you might miss.

For some reason, despite hearing my name called/disembodied voices being one of the paranormal events that would entirely freak me out, I was utterly charmed and felt almost 'chosen.'

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: singingbones
I work with mental disorders, and the calmness with which you describe your 'hearing' is at odds with the GENERAL presentation of audio hallucination, in that, for my clients, they are usually accompanied by a change of medication, a state of stress, a fear etc And that is usually apparent when they report what they've heard.

Which is not to say it isn't all about you; I guess I have a vested interest, as I recently posted about my experience when, at around 8am, I woke, lifted my head to see the time, thought how refreshed I felt (so definitely awake) and closed my eyes to luxiriate in my Saturday lie-in. Only to feel a heavy 'man' sit on the bed near my feet and clearly, but softly say, 'we made it!' He sounded pleased; but not smug or triumphant - he sounded like you would when you've found your seat on a train you thought you might miss.

For some reason, despite hearing my name called/disembodied voices being one of the paranormal events that would entirely freak me out, I was utterly charmed and felt almost 'chosen.'

Hypnagogia has nothing to do with mental disorders.

It's perfectly normal and happens when we go to bed. It's also related to phenomenons like sleep paralysis (people feeling an alien presence and being unable to move) and other forms of hallucinations.

You don't have to have mental disorders to have hallucinations. It's totally possible to dream wide awake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join