It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Merkel set ultimatum to Putin: agree on the plan or Germany will not object US arms supply to Ukraine!

That news www.echomsk.spb.ru...-detail-block
just coming on Russian media from unannounced "MSM".

Could Putin change view of how affordable Minsk agreement is, having in mind also the big explosion from the last night?
edit on 9-2-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Either shelling hit a munitions dump or chemical weapons plant. Or the Russian equivalent of a MOAB imo.

MOAB - Future Weapons: youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
WSJ: Chancellor Merkel has given President Vladimir Putin ultimatum until Wednesday
www.wsj.com...

edit on 9-2-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Hm. This is weird.

There is nothing about this in German MSM. Quite the opposite actually:
Chancellor Merkel reaffirmed her decisive 'No' to the supply of arms to Kiev just before she left to the U.S. today (according to Tagesschau.de).

*I can't access WSJ... could you provide / quote the info from that article?
The first source you linked to is also very... well, 'thin' to say the least.
edit on 9-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

No, this wasn't' even a moab. Living close to Ft. Bragg, I have heard them used. They have a strange sonic sound after the initial explosion, and they are massive. I won't pretend I am combat Steve or anything, but I have over 20 years experience listening to them blow stuff up.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Occasionally we're reminded all too easily how idiotic ATS can be, and how it seems to be predominantly populated by teenagers who spend far too much time playing video games.

This was not a "nuke", in any way, shape or form.

If this were a "nuke" (even a tactical nuke, even the smallest, simplest, most discreet nuclear explosion ever created) it would have set alarm bells ringing around the ENTIRE WORLD. Every nations leader would be on the phone to another within minutes, nations would be preparing for all-out war, bunkers would be being prepared, retaliatory and defensive weapons positioned, envelopes with codes opened, military placed on full alert in every area of our planet, every news outlet in the world would be reporting the first use of a tactical nuclear weapon and pointing the finger squarely at Russia.

If that were the case, we would have leaders on our TV screens right now declaring that we are in a state of readiness for war.

No nation on this planet can set off any size of Nuclear weapon in any active battle field or any populated area and expect it to simply go unnoticed.

Kiddies, big booms and rounded shapes does not automatically mean "Nuclear".

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Exactly!
Very well put.

Aside from the fact that the use of any low-yield TNW invites nuclear retaliation...
And it would probably cost Kiev all the support they still have.
At least in Europe.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
This was not a "nuke", in any way, shape or form.

Agreed. I am no expert in these matters, but the flash would have been brighter and red warning lights would have appeared on the desks of every world leader of note if it was nuclear!

The blast wave / expanding explosion appears to have been quite big. I wonder it is possible to calculate the size of the explosion based on the some assumed parameters, such as the speed of the blast-wave and the cloud base? It is difficult to hear the resultant bang to calculate the distance from the person shooting the video.

This is quite a simple approach, but if anyone is capable of working this out it would be interesting!

Regards.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

really. here are two videos of the first test of Annie a 15 kiloton blast.

pretty impressive to me.

and i wasn't saying any thing about the power in the first video, i was talking about the flash and the cloud, and how long they lasted.

edit on 9-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Not liquid fuel, no fireball, heavy weapon ammunition going up, strange no secondary explosions though. Perhaps a plastic explosives store?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
RT is saying that it was a chemical plant, and epochtimes has a comment from Ukraine that it was artillery fire that caused the explosions.

Both of those updates are less than 7 hours old as of right this minute.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Another Angle, in this black and white video you can see small explosions before the big blast.

This one shows sort of the atmosphere heating a little better.

And this one:

It does not look Nuclear to me in any way. Does look like a nice sized blast though.

I think Knightlight figured it out with the first vid, either black and white or night vision.

It is one of the few cameras that don't turn to see the explosion. You see a few small explosions and then the mother explosion goes off. I looks to be a Grad or Smerch artillery strike. Reports are it hit a chemical factory and that chemical is explosive for ammunition or Grad rocket propellant. There doesn't seem to be any secondary explosions or popcorn blasts. Likely the actual production of arms is somewhere else and this plant that got hit was only the chemical explosives.

edit on 9-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
IF, and that's a big IF, it was a tactical nuclear weapon, depending on prevailing winds and weather there would be alarms going off at radiation detection locations around the world. Could take hours or maybe days, but the radioisotopes would make their way there eventually.

Not only that, I'm sure the U.S. and NATO are watching the Russia/Ukraine situation very closely. If a nuclear weapon was used, you'd see military mobilization unlike anything you've ever seen before.

My bets are on either a secondary explosion from a munitions dump or chemical factory, or a thermobaric weapon.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

www.rg.ru...
Kremlin denounces the rumors of Merkel's ultimatum to Putin. "World MSM as before are guessing of what exactly has been discussed between the leaders of the 3 countries..."

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas
Nice boom !

Tigra and Bunny were seen in the area.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Whether it was a small nuke, a chem plant, a munitions depot, or a big conventional weapon, I couldn't begin to guess.

What I can say, with complete confidence, is that things are getting pretty ugly over there, and I have ZERO faith in the collection of clowns, sycophants, and sociopaths that we call 'World Leaders' to settle the situation in a manner that won't murder millions in one way, or another.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Whether it was a small nuke, a chem plant, a munitions depot, or a big conventional weapon, I couldn't begin to guess.

What I can say, with complete confidence, is that things are getting pretty ugly over there, and I have ZERO faith in the collection of clowns, sycophants, and sociopaths that we call 'World Leaders' to settle the situation in a manner that won't murder millions in one way, or another.

Sadly I see this escalating as well. I only hope that when the shoe drops, my family back home in the U.S. are up to date on their "duck and cover" techniques.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Sadly I see this escalating as well. I only hope that when the shoe drops, my family back home in the U.S. are up to date on their "duck and cover" techniques.

'Duck and cover' has been updated to 'Bend over, and kiss your ass goodbye', here in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

in the era of new secret technologies, nobody could be sure what was exactly that big bang. Surely not the atomic bombs from 1960s. I doubt however that the Ukrainian Grad missiles that are so unprecise will hit so precisely a pile of explosives in chemical plant, and they will ignite at once with such tremendous power imitating almost nuclear. It should rather be a large fire for hours before the big explosion. We see on the video the big explosion happens at once, followed by some small fire. Nobody knows, perhaps not even the experts on the place. And I am definitely not one of them.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

It seems part of Europe starts to act responsible, if only they would have done that earlier, it`s now much more difficult to achieve anything.

From what I know these countries are against weapon deliveries, Germany, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Greece and Cyprus (I don`t know about some others like Austria, Hungary, etc. but some I suspect are also against it)...UK seems to be not wanting to supply at the moment, but at the same time make rather foolish disrespectful comments towards Putin again.

We can only hope that Putin accepts the new acting with respect again by part of Europe (Russia is a country which demands to be treated with respect and with respect for its interests), and that he ignores the idiotic behaviours of a lot of other countries, like the Baltic States, Poland, Australia, etc.

After that it`s still up to Poroshenko who he will follow, his US masters or if he decides to work with his new European partners.
edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join