It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

RT is reporting this as a chemical plant explosion too.

Windows were shattered and homes shaken in Donetsk after a huge blast rocked the vicinity of a city chemical plant. A Ukrainian MP praised pro-Kiev forces for hitting a target – but said they “don’t know what they hit.”

The powerful explosion took place at 10:50pm local time on Sunday. Local militia reported that a military chemical plant DKZHI was the target of Kiev’s artillery shelling.

The factory is known for producing chemical products used for industrial explosives, ammunition and equipment artillery bombs. This is not the first time the plant has been the target of a Kiev attack. It was also hit with artillery rockets in September and November.

Huge explosion at Donetsk chemical plant, military ‘don’t know what they hit’ (VIDEO)

Does anyone have a photo of the plant prior to the explosion?

edit on 9/2/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jrod

Interesting how many computer chair experts are quick to say it does not look like a nuke.

Same can be said about those who believe its a nuke. If it was a nuke which I highly doubt this would be plastered everywhere because you never let a good crisis go to waste.

Except if it was fired by Pro-West groups.

The west isn't this dumb. The radioactive signature is unmistakable from a nuke.

It would easily be traced back to the country of origin.

There us no hiding it.

It cannot be done.

They would even be able to tell exactly what type of device it was...out of many different types.
edit on 9-2-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: noeltrotsky
That is clearly not a nuke... It would be bright as day.

I mostly agree, but I did hear a rumor that Ukraine recovered a few tactical nukes that are artillery shells and small yields.

So far I'm going with the ammo production facility. They have been shooting a lot so need more ammo.

While such weapons do exist, it is unlikely they would be in this particular theater as they were largely phased out after the development of ICBM's, and certainly don't exist today in the Russian or U.S arsenals in the form of artillery shells. Additionally, they would light up the countryside like it's daytime even with a relatively small yield.

A nuclear explosion is unmistakable. This is not one (thankfully).

It is strange Donetsk govt doesn't confirm the chemical plant was stricken, until now, as it says more information is neeed first.

Putin quoted this morning on Interfax about quite many things, didn't say a word so far about the explosion.

Does it mean it will let go, or does it mean evidence will be sought for some kind of stronger weapon used (not necessarily nuclear)?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, I don't know what a "real" nuke looks like except from watching videos on YT.
So judging with this knowledge I would say, that this isn't a nuclear explosion, it's just not bright enough imho. It's a big blast and along the line of a MOAB or fuel air bomb and conventional. Chemical plant explosion fits too, but I have to admit I'm wondering why there is not fire visible after the blast.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

After the dissolution of the USSR, about one third of Soviet nuclear arsenal, as well as a significant means of its design and production, remained within Ukrainian territory.
could easily be pinned on Russia
A chemical plant explosion is probably what took place.
fingers crossed.
edit on 9-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro
Well, I don't know what a "real" nuke looks like except from watching videos on YT.
So judging with this knowledge I would say, that this isn't a nuclear explosion, it's just not bright enough imho. It's a big blast and along the line of a MOAB or fuel air bomb and conventional. Chemical plant explosion fits too, but I have to admit I'm wondering why there is not fire visible after the blast.

I have have been thinking about that also.

If it was a thermobaric bomb though, which is the actual name of a fuel air bomb, there would be no oxygen left.

No oxygen no fire.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: infinityorder

After the dissolution of the USSR, about one third of Soviet nuclear arsenal, as well as a significant means of its design and production, remained within Ukrainian territory.
could easily be pinned on Russia
A chemical plant explosion could be what took place.
fingers crossed.

I am thinking the same.....plz let it be the chem plant.

Once folks just start tossing tactical nukes around in eastern Europe..... Nobody could know who it was... It could domino so fast.....plz Chen plant be the cause.

Fingers crossed here as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
lenta.ru... Now Donetsk authorities confirm it is the military chemical plant being in the "epicenter of explosion". They say that was done by possible strike with tactical Tochka U. (presumably conventional payload). Such strike with Tochka did occur beforehand on the same plant, I think.

"At this moment is ongoing search for the elements of the shell"
"В данный момент идет выяснение, поиск элемента снаряда, которым был обстрелян", - добавил Басурин.

РИА Новости ria.ru...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Proof Kiev has resorted to wmd's
waiting for eternity for UN condemnation.
though to be fair so have the separatist's (mlrs)
WMD: A weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans or cause great damage to human-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
lenta.ru... Now Donetsk authorities confirm it is the military chemical plant being in the "epicenter of explosion". They say that was done by possible strike with tactical Tochka U. (presumably conventional payload). Such strike with Tochka did occur beforehand on the same plant, I think.

"At this moment is ongoing search for the elements of the shell"
"В данный момент идет выяснение, поиск элемента снаряда, которым был обстрелян", - добавил Басурин.

РИА Новости ria.ru...

Every time I see Russian language it hurts my head.

Like I should recognise the letters like German French or Spanish but I don't.

Well this is going great for the peoples of eastern Ukraine right now isn't it.....I hope as few people as possible were hurt and or killed.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Now Kiev has resorted to wmd's
waiting for eternity for UN condemnation.

WMD: A weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans or cause great damage to human-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere.

Even us crazy assed Americans haven't actually used the MOAB, whiskey tango foxtrot over....

Small thermobaric bombs are useful for clearing caves.... Large ones in civy populated areas......

These are the strongest non nuclear munitions in existence.

Rivalling small nukes in their power.

I hope they did not do this.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
"Варианта два — либо (тактическая ракета) "Точка У", либо взрыв на заводе", — сообщил Эдуард Басурин, слова которого приводит РИА Новости. www.mk.ru...

The variants are two - either (tactical missile) "Tochka U", or explosion in the plant" reported Edward Basurin

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Report seems fishy,either they are equating the blast yield to that of the Tochka,or they really don't know what 'caused' the explosion at the plant.
I'm now going with they really don't know what struck the plant which caused the explosion.
Expecting some sort of fall-out

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

DNR authorities call the population not to panic

ria.ru...
It is not know whether or not chemical compounds were present at the time of the explosion.
There is no danger of chemical contamination, according to official statement.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
"Варианта два — либо (тактическая ракета) "Точка У", либо взрыв на заводе", — сообщил Эдуард Басурин, слова которого приводит РИА Новости. www.mk.ru...

The variants are two - either (tactical missile) "Tochka U", or explosion in the plant" reported Edward Basurin

Both sides are claiming the use of a tactical conventional warhead missile by UKR forces, the Tochka U or "Scarab." Russia claims that a chemical factory was deliberately targeted but admits that there has been little hazardous material fallout. Ukraine is stating that they targeted a Russian terror base..
edit on 2/9/2015 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

a reply to: 2012newstart

Report seems fishy,either they are equating the blast yield to that of the Tochka,or they really don't know what 'caused' the explosion at the plant.
I'm now going with they really don't know what struck the plant which caused the explosion.
Expecting some sort of fall-out

Ya, I think they are also in the dark.

Maybe just a lucky one off hit.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The news is no more headline in Yandex search engine!
It is apparent the unwillingness of the Russian side to engage any further in the incident.
And to sign the peace treaty in Minsk on Wednesday.
edit on 9-2-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The news is back on Yandex' 5 headline news. There are injured, no report of dead. As I read the newer reports in Russian, they somewhat downplay the most striking versions. No one talks of Tochka anymore but of Grad or Smerch that hit the stockpiles.

Perhaps the current level of hostilities will not be an obstacle for Minsk agreement to be signed anyway. If something doesn't happen meanwhile, before or after the signature. I wonder what bigger can happen other than nuclear blast itself. Good both sides are ready to lay down weapons with attack on chemical plant and cluster bombs. Let close the page of civil war and declare federation of Ukraine!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
From the video the flash to bang is about 10-11 seconds.
So that makes is about 2 miles away.
Even 1 kiloton nuke would be pretty noticeable from that close up.

I doubt it was a fuel air explosive. They are pretty noticeable also

edit on 9-2-2015 by mash3d because: Waiting for more info.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
for such a news-worthy blast (we know how they love such spectacles) there is a dearth of any reportage of this explosion on the bbc, sky, al jazeera and RT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join