It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Donetsk Ukraine Explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nurelic
Yikes...

Somebody call in the Wolverines... Red Dawn is upon us...

Exactly like that except not in America.. or by the Chinese(new)/Russians(old)..or in anyway like Red Dawn other than it being a battle and it happens to involve Russia in some way.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Nato Sat Image

That 'NATO Sat image' is just a pic of a rising sun...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Sorry. It says

This megavzryv withdrew from NATO space satellite (photo above). As of 0:30, going on a violent bombardment of Donetsk cannon artillery and multiple rocket launchers.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: oletimer
Nato Sat Image

That 'NATO Sat image' is just a pic of a rising sun...
Yes, let's nip that in the bud now. This is an image of sunrise taken from the ISS.

No reason not to believe the videos though.
edit on 8-2-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds like RIA is confirming an ammo production site was destroyed. Good link Bornagain....

So this is why Ukraine launches Grad or Smerch artillery strikes into the city core of Donetsk. Reports say a previous site was hit months ago. Of course Ukraine has a ton of spies in and around Donetsk so critical sites are going to be uncovered eventually.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I was a forward observer in the Army from 1985 to 1994, and there were most definitely tactical nukes in the artillery at that time. As I recall (it has been a while), we trained to call for quarter and half-kiloton shells. Had special training once a year on how to handle, transport, and employ them. I don't have any sources to back this up as of yet-just my recollection.

ETA-No, this obviously doesn't appear to be a nuke from the video I've seen. Looks conventional to me.

edit on 8-2-2015 by roccodog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Pro-Russian separatists having a meeting get a nasty shake up...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roccodog
For what it's worth, I was a forward observer in the Army from 1985 to 1994, and there were most definitely tactical nukes in the artillery at that time. As I recall (it has been a while), we trained to call for quarter and half-kiloton shells. Had special training once a year on how to handle, transport, and employ them. I don't have any sources to back this up as of yet-just my recollection.

ETA-No, this obviously doesn't appear to be a nuke from the video I've seen. Looks conventional to me.

Worth a bunch Roccodog! You handled them so know more than me that's for sure! It's good to keep things calm about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...
That is from October last year.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I was breaking my head how I came to that link, all kinds of links open looking for information.

It was under the YouTube comments.

I was a bit confused, too late, they talk about "chemical" weapons factory.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

www.theguardian.com...
That is from October last year.

Ah yes! That was the previous munitions dump the Ukrainians blew up! I thought there was too much daylight in the vid...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roccodog

As a former Marine with NBC training(nuclear, biological and chemical warfare) had this been a nuclear blast the alpha wave would have created a EMP and would have taken out the camera.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: slednecktx
a reply to: roccodog

As a former Marine with NBC training(nuclear, biological and chemical warfare) had this been a nuclear blast the alpha wave would have created a EMP and would have taken out the camera.

if you are as you say, then you'll know an EMP is not limited to nuclear explosions, nor do all nuclear weapons cause large scale emp
a lack of a significant emp proves nothing
also, gamma rays cause the ionization of the atmosphere that leads to EMPs, not alpha particles
edit on 8/2/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

You are correct sir. The gamma rays cause the initial EMP I have been drinking and replying on a phone, which is a pain to do now. We were told all nukes will put off a EMP in a short distance ( at least 50 miles ) depending on yield. Also my school was back in 1988 so things do change. I like to learn so if I'm wrong I apologize

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: slednecktx

I just gave you star for for this...

I like to learn...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
DIdn't look right under my nose before I started a thread on this.

Interesting how many computer chair experts are quick to say it does not look like a nuke.

Even if it was a nuke that went off, we more than likely will not get any accurate information. The dis-info police would be all over it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: slednecktx

We were told all nukes will put off a EMP in a short distance ( at least 50 miles ) depending on yield.

How far away were all those cameras that filmed the various nuke tests over the years?

I honestly don't know....
...always more than 50 miles?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Interesting how many computer chair experts are quick to say it does not look like a nuke.

Same can be said about those who believe its a nuke. If it was a nuke which I highly doubt this would be plastered everywhere because you never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

An airfuel weapon could do that.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

There might be some fear that publicly disclosing nukes being as an act of war could cause a lot of civil unrest.

It is a rather large explosion, after looking at several angles I seriously doubt this was a nuke.

It is sad to see so much war over there.

edit on 8-2-2015 by jrod because: add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join