It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ted Cruz: we are the party of the people..LOL..NO BS heactually said that

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:40 AM
a reply to: desert

In general, no argument. My dislike of both Carter and Nixon lay outside of the oil issues of the day.

I'd also point out that your post/assessment covers that point from then to now. That includes both party's control of gov't.

Rush a couple of days ago, upped the ante in the 'internal Republican' fight. He placed Hillary and Jeb Bush as having equal approval from 'Wall Street'. It was an interesting positioning as he doesn't directly endorse anyone. He has sure been sending a lot of love Walker's way.

In the same monologue, Rush pointed out the 3+ Trillion dollars 'invented/printed and largely delivered to Wall St. during this administration. He actually called them the 1%ers. That's definitely outside his usual rhetoric and pushes him a notch closer to a 3rd party endorsement.

The distrust of the Republican Establishment lies not only in the general population, it resides right in the Republican party just as deeply.

Actually, that distrust is probably the most positive aspect of the current situation. The Republican party is being watched by pretty much everyone possible. They have a narrow path to success without pissing off people.

It's a good thing. Part of the American DNA to distrust gov't and the parties involved.

If we could get that 'distrust level' higher in the Democrat party as well maybe there'd be a chance to fix this mess.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:59 AM
a reply to: MOMof3

Those 'jobs' had already left. My beef is he's done nothing to improve that situation. all he's created is part time and minimum wage positions. Any real growth in jobs has come from, ironically, from the oil industry. Not an area that enjoys high support from Obama.

(Even the unions want the XL Pipeline built.) Obama's unflinching support of Buffet is the only barrier.

Democrats in both house have crossed over in support of that legislation. It may end up being the precedent that ultimately overrides an Obama veto.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:03 AM
a reply to: BlueMule

Thank you....really!

"I didn't leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left me." Ronald Reagan.

Not a completely accurate statement. Yet enough truth in it to resonate with the masses...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
a reply to: nwtrucker

Take a trip to Colfax, WA. There is a very busy bridge there that is sitting on rr ties, sticks, stones, rope. I have sent pictures, letters, emails, to Cathy McMorris Rodgers for a year now. Her only response and priority is Keystone. Swear to God. There are SO many jobs just to fix our roads. We have plenty of oil. There are plenty of jobs in the medical coming if the Republicans would HELP us and get over their revenge efforts of killing Obamacare. There is a lot we can do, if the nation and our leaders are willing.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:32 PM
a reply to: MOMof3

You and I have discussed that bridge before. I agree with you that it needs fixing.

Lots needs fixing. Federally as well. It is a state bridge. You suffer from a Republican rep in a Democrat controlled state....

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:13 PM

If democrats had their way, road construction would be from sea to shining sea. I suffer under a republican who don't give a crap about the workers and school buses that have to go across it. She only cares about farmers and subsidies and Fairchild AFB. Very few jobs there.

WHAT IF that bridge does collapse? Oh, too bad. Send her five kids over that bridge every day.
edit on 11-2-2015 by MOMof3 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't consider my opinion "empty rhetoric". There are two different camps, in case you've forgotten. I don't require someone else's version in the form of a link proof of anything other than to avoid direct conversing on a subject.

I base my opinions on what I believe to be empirical evidence and life experiences. Your thread on the Cruz comments strikes me that his comments are virtually identical with past Democrat statements. No different in motive or embellishment. In fact, the Democrat ones are far worse, from what I can see.

If my opinion is, as you say empty rhetoric, then so is your opinion in the same class...empty is the link..

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:35 PM
Ah yes, another republican hating thread.. Meanwhile most dumbocrats thought their healthcare was going to be free and look what happened. The dumbocrats have systematically destroyed the health care industry and now they want to control the internet right down to the individual blogger. Say good by to ATS if they get their way because this site will be labeled hate speech one way or the other..

We know the gays will be the first to get their panties in a twist if they don't get a large piece of every website out there. If you don't spew the rainbow flag propaganda and bake their gay cakes they will lobby Washington to shut you down.

So much for free enterprise under the iron fist of the left wing in America..

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
a reply to: truckdriver42

I look at your avatar and think, you didn't learn a damn thing from Star Trek.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:45 PM

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Whereas the Democrats are for the gay, minorities, religions that are not western and the poor.

All others get screwed....(except that 1%).....

Actually the true Dems are for those things..not the scum politicians who use those points and call themselves dems.

Where as the people of the republican party are actually are for none of those people and is the party of...ME ME ME..the hell with you.

You are so 100% correct! The Republicans are all ME...ME...ME. ME work, ME raise my family, ME be a Father to my children, ME responsible for my own actions, ME shouldn't steal, ME a US citizen and earned the right to be here, ME build my own business, ME will decide what to teach and feed my children, ME is able to take responsibility for ME.

And the Dems are the party of YOU. YOU pay for those who refuse to work, YOU provide money for those who milk the system, YOU need to accept any sexual orientation, YOU have to allow illegals into the country, YOU need to feel guilty about something, YOU are a child and YOU are a racist...don't know what you said...but YOU are a racist.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM

There aren't two different camps on facts. Different opinions about facts do not change objective truth.

Basically, you're saying here that you don't feel your posts should be subject to objective truth. You wish to be able to string together (and in my opinion, you share this with Senator Cruz) whatever unsupportable statements you choose and not have them challenged.

No, everything is not "just opinion" nor is everything a "matter of belief."

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:28 AM
a reply to: truckdriver42

And "dumbocrats" is a term of endearment? What a hypocritical post!

Your post betrays a serious disconnect with facts and more than a good portion of prejudice.

Why don't you give examples of free enterprise your supposed "iron fist"? Or how the healthcare industry has been destroyed?

Meanwhile, back in the real world ...

U.S. healthcare profit outlook brightens on Obamacare, drug prices - Reuters

Doctors, Dentists, Health Care Practitioners, Outpatient Care Facilities are four of the most profitable business areas in 2014 - Fortune Magazine

... and so on and so on ...
edit on 8Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:29:52 -060015p082015266 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected reference

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

You are so 100% correct! The Republicans are all ME...ME...ME. ME work, ME raise my family, ME be a Father to my children, ME responsible for my own actions, ME shouldn't steal, ME a US citizen and earned the right to be here, ME build my own business, ME will decide what to teach and feed my children, ME is able to take responsibility for ME.

And the Dems are the party of YOU. YOU pay for those who refuse to work, YOU provide money for those who milk the system, YOU need to accept any sexual orientation, YOU have to allow illegals into the country, YOU need to feel guilty about something, YOU are a child and YOU are a racist...don't know what you said...but YOU are a racist.

... so, if I hear what you're saying, the Republicans are the party of bad grammar?

Hmmm. Well, perhaps some of them, education isn't generally high on the official Republican priority list. But, I don't think you can say ALL Republicans favor poor grammar.

People are people. It's erroneous to claim that they ALL do anything.
edit on 10Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:25:29 -060015p102015266 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:40 PM

Fascinating how you keep saying "what your saying". Opinion is opinion. It is subjective. You have yours, I have mine.

Your 'truths' I disagree with. Apparently, the majority of the country does as well.

Your view on Cruz is just as applicable to Pelosi, Rev. Jackson, Harry Reid Hillary's et al.

Hence no traction....other than those that already hold the same opinions as you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM

Opinion is opinion. Granted. Fact is fact.

Point to anything I've claimed as fact that is not substantiated by reference.

Point to anything you've referenced to substantiate your claims.

The majority of the country disagrees with something I've stated here? Show me evidence of that.

You're trying to muddy the water of the topic by bringing up other politicians and claiming ... what? That you know what I think about them?

Does that give you "traction" in your mind? LOL

I notice that you couldn't counter any of the evidence provided, so now you're desperate to have it all be just a matter of "opinion."

Facts are facts. Opinion is opinion. The interesting fact is that I have referenced historical and political fact, matters of record, and you ...

... you're still just trying to avoid the questions.

Back to the topic, if you're done with your review of my style ...

Do you have any proof that Republicans are doing anything meaningful or long-term for the average American that might back up Senator Cruz's claims?

edit on 16Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:26:13 -060015p042015266 by Gryphon66 because: your ----> the

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:32 PM

"Point to any 'fact' that I haven't 'substantiated by reference' ."

The key word is substantiated. That should read "backed by reference", certainly your reference to the south turning to the Republicans due to 'racism', is utter garbage as is your so-called substantiation.

If anyone is interested, one can look at Condi Rice's speech to the Republican National Convention and the reason she was a Republican. To Paraphrase her, her grandfather attempted to join the Democrat Party and was refused entry. He walked to the Republican office who promptly enrolled him.

She has been a Republican ever since.

REFERENCE Wikipedia the Civil rights act of 1964. Passed by the REPUBLICANS and northern Democrats.

From that point on you lost all credence with me and many others. If you were unaware of this, then fine. Retract your statement.

Otherwise, you have lost any credibility with me and I will continue to debunk any future "Facts" I find that you "mistakenly" post.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link is a statement that covers all Dems and Reps. Reps want you to support yourself and keep your rewards...Dems want to take all the money and give people an allowance.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:51 AM

SO, in your world, you can just ignore known facts, quotes, and so forth, as you are doing here. You don't provide any counter references, any other information that disproves or questions what is provided's enough for you to wave your hand and say "garbage."

Well, that is fine if it's only your opinion. Don't argue that you're dealing in facts.

It is a well-known, established fact that Goldwater, Nixon, Reagan, and the Bushes used what was called "the Southern Strategy" to win votes in the South, and it's very clear how they did it. It is also extremely clear that the Southern states are motivated by the same racism they always were, by and large, which you're actually arguing for, and that they left the Democratic party and joined the Republicans because that's where they had some traction.

Condi Rice is one person. That's about as anecdotal as you get.

Civil Rights Acts of 64 and 68, introduced by Democrats, signed by a Democratic President the passage of which resulted in the Southern "Dixiecrats" leaving the Democrats for their own party and then the Republicans.

90% of lawmakers from states that were in the Union during the Civil War supported the bill [Civil Rights Act of 64] compared with less than 10% of lawmakers from states that were in the Confederacy.

I suppose Lee Atwater who managed Reagan's 2nd campaign, the Bush I campaign, and was then RNC chair didn't know what he was talking about either?

Ken Melman, former RNC Chairman, GOP: We Were Wrong to Play Racial Politics

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South. Beginning in the mid-1960s, Republicans encouraged disaffected Southern white voters to vote Republican by blaming pro-civil rights Democrats for racial unrest and other racial problems.

Michael Steele, former RNC Chairman (remember him?): "For the last 40-plus years we had a "Southern strategy" that alienated many minority voters by focusing on the white male vote in the South." (Source)

Political analyst and Nixon campaigner Kevin Phillips, analysing 1948-1968 voting trends, viewed these rebellious Southern voters as ripe for Republican picking. In The Emerging Republican Majority (Arlington House, 1969), he correctly predicted that the Republican party would shift its national base to the South by appealing to whites' disaffection with liberal democratic racial and welfare policies. President Nixon shrewdly played this "Southern strategy" by promoting affirmative action in employment, a "wedge" issue that later Republicans would exploit to split the Democratic coalition of white working class and black voters. (See John Skrentny, The Ironies of Affirmative Action (U Chicago Press, 1996)). This strategy soon produced the racial party alignments that prevail today.

Race, Voting Rights and Segregation; Racial Realignment of Parties 1948-1984

In short, your position in your posts is apparently either woefully ignorant of the facts or intentionally dishonest, based on the evidence.

You can't speak for anyone else, and honestly, who cares what "credence" I've "lost" with you??? How childish.

Your posts are pure partisan hack. Anyone reading this knows that the Republican party in the late 20th and 21st century is NOT the party of civil rights. Are you calling the 93% of African Americans who voted for Obama misinformed or unable to make decisions on their own? Republicans haven't won the Black vote in decades. Are you saying that's just a coincidence?

Are they just not capable of making the right decisions, in your opinion? How do you explain that, if the Republican party is so pro-Civil Rights virtually no African Americans vote Republican?

I'd love to see that explaination.

Forget about me. Play the ball. Stick to the facts. Provide reasonable backup for your wild claims.

You're not providing any. You haven't provided any. I don't think you have any to provide, thus, the continual smoke screens.

You are only providing your opinion, which is only valuable to you.
edit on 7Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:13:10 -060015p072015266 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

EDIT: Perhaps while you're explaining, you can explain this:

Texas Republicans Call for Repealing the Voting Rights Act 6-25-2014

edit on 7Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:31:30 -060015p072015266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:50 AM

nw, have you ever listened to The Thom Hartmann Show on the radio or read his blog? You strike me as someone fairly intelligent, and Thom is an interesting person, interesting background, intelligent with a lot of facts and info. He doesn't shrink from opposing viewpoints, argues calmly and rationally, and has that gentlemanly Michigan demeanor.

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: desert
Part of the American DNA to distrust gov't and the parties involved.

Americans have always had to overcome their distrust in order to move forward. Uniting states to form a new nation must have involved a lot of trust just to do that. Even Reagan said, "Trust but verify", using an old Russian saying with our Cold War enemy.

IMO the seeds of mistrust were sewn nationally since the 1990s, first with the rise of Southern Newt Gingrich in Congress and then with the Southern POTUS George W. Bush. Before that time, national rule since the Civil War drew from New England-based Yankee elites, where the historical economy and power depended on Puritan values of community, needing a high degree of trust to keep from descending into anarchy. The Southern states depended economically on the institution of slavery, where a high level of mistrust had to be built in to keep the community from descending into anarchy, as had been done from time to time in the Caribbean "slave revolts".

This is a great read to offer some explanation as to the type of mistrust that needs to be overcome in order to once again move forward.
Conservative Southern Values Revived: How a Brutal Strain of American Aristocrats Have Come to Rule America

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM

There you go again.....
. "Known facts". Ignoring even the previous fact I posted.

You position Republicans as a group based on quotes, be they out of context, sarcasm, or merely individual aberration by individuals.

Individuals are not reflective of groups any more that Elizabeth Warren-or Byrd- reflects all Democrats.

Your agenda is clear. Your continued race button doesn't fly. it's reflected by the growing disaffection and public announcement of such by Black Clergy, Black Police Chiefs and the growing Black conservative community.

I won't play your game. Hopefully, more and more readers will feel the same way.

edit on 13-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>