It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: we are the party of the people..LOL..NO BS heactually said that

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You might actually get some traction by open debate rather than diving to some link to more left garbage. "Links" are an avoidance of rebuttal, a lack of valid debate.

You surely haven't answered the Jobs point whatsoever.

Off to work. Good job on non-answers.....

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I use to vote republican. But Reagan did it for me. He so hurt the laborer, that when I look back, I think how stupid the nation was to fall for that stupid trickle down economics, followed by two unending wars. Then their agenda became clear to me. We are here to toil, war, and serve the rich. I never minded hard work as long as I am treated fair.

Republicans have forgotten that most americans like to work and produce. But Republicans actively make laws to make the common man's life harder and won't be happy til they have destroyed every union in the nation. IMO, that is why they won't fix the roads, they won't until the unions are totally destroyed. Then I wonder who will be next on their list to enslave?
edit on 10-2-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So you think you are "debating" when you wave your hand at evidence and dismiss it by tagging it "leftist?"

Why not refute with something besides empty rhetoric? Or with something from sources you believe in, like say Fox or Beck or Rush or ... whatever "source" you find acceptable?

I guess Forbes Magazine is "leftist"? A direct quote from Lee Atwater is "leftist"? What a joke.

What is the duration of these "jobs" you claim Keystone XL will create? What kind of jobs will they be? You can start there and go find you some wingnut source that soothes your belief agenda. At least, that would simulate real debate.

What you've done in your last two posts is simply assinine. It sounds like you're out of bullets, so you're desperately trying to shift the venue of discussion. When you're unsuccessful discrediting sources, I'm sure you'll move on to me, or my posting style, or something anything to try to divert attention from the fact that your argument is a load of crap.

If you get serious about discussion here, let me know. There's no reason to waste more time on it, as it is.

edit on 6Tue, 10 Feb 2015 06:24:46 -060015p062015266 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Your post is right on track. Do you notice that the Republican supporters in this thread don't have any answers for their "support" for middle-class and lower income Americans? Why?

Because there isn't any. More of the "we're going to give billions to big corporations, but the rest of you pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" crap.

Let's see what this Republican Congress that Trucker is so proud of actually does in the next two years. I predict more of same or worse. Talk about government interference, let's see what they do with women's rights, gay rights, heck all of our rights.

They claim to be all about individual rights ... that is, until Jesus gets involved. Or rather, what they claim about Jesus.

With the Republicans, if you're not a member of a very elite club (white, straight, older men) you're just a mooch, a leech, a ne'er-do-well. They call that "playing the race card" because they want to do anything to distract from the actual facts. Look at the makeup of the Congressional delegation, or the fabric of the State Houses across the country. They don't like to face the truth about themselves.

The only redeeming grace is ... the Republicans are their own worst enemy.

edit on 6Tue, 10 Feb 2015 06:47:59 -060015p062015266 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling and formatting.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ted Cruz is a gifted orator. He is trained to argue both sides of an argument and to speak persuasively. He knows what to say and what to leave out. He can take one fact and weave a fanciful tale around it, which is what he's doing here. He's the latest American political demagogue, and he's smart enough to know the Greek origin of the word, "people's manipulator".

Right on!....and that's what I said in 1980 (actually, it was "Right on, sister!"), as I heard a radio interview of an elderly woman delegate to the national GOP convention describing what the GOP would be doing to help the less fortunate. Then the interview took a somber turn, as she sadly said that unfortunately her voice was being ignored, unlike past conventions. After 1980, Middle Class economic concerns were ignored, also, as that once giant thriving mountain became merely an open pit mine for extracting wealth.

originally posted by: Gryphon66
the Republicans are their own worst enemy.

Indeed! Fast forward 32 years, after three decades of wealth distribution upward, as I sat across the break table from a dear co-worker who had never voted Democratic before. He glumly sat, sharing how his adult children had college debt, had moved back home (one with a spouse!) to save money, one was newly hired in a job with inconceivable workload, the only bright spot being an adult child with a medical condition could now be on his health insurance. This was not the future he had envisioned for his children when they were born. He might still have believed that the Earth was 6,ooo years old, but he no longer believed in his beloved party.

To paraphrase, all it takes for the evils of corporatism to flourish is for good people to not speak up. The GOP did not denounce those who kept yelling "RINO!", and they are now left with a much different party. Elizabeth Warren speaks up, but she left the GOP years ago.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Now that's interesting. I used to a Democrat...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

My jobs were labor jobs, so was my husband's. We worked very hard for 40 years. The republican party left us behind. And lied about hard work is all you need to make it. We need each other too. When we are sick or the kids are sick. We don't need our jobs and lives gambled with at the whims of Wall Street. Start cutting the CEO's and management pays first. The last remedy should be cutting jobs. Fix the dam tax system so that it favors the working class and not just Wall Street and stockholders, as it was before Reagan.

I am boycotting Staples and call every one to do so.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes, I too remember those days, union man.

Double digit inflation screwing the fixed and low income people. Double digit unemployment. A complete embassy staff held for, what(?) over a year in Iran.

Carrier groups heading for deployment only after raiding 1/3 of the crew and planes from those just returning carrier groups...All under that Peace Price winning, 'compassionate' President Carter.

Yes sir, glory years for the democrats....and now its a bit late but needs to be said. "Thank You". Else I'd have stayed a democrat.
A silver lining in every cloud.....

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Now that's interesting. I used to a Democrat...

When you were a democrat, did you have liberal values? Now that you are not a democrat, do you have conservative values?

Just curious.

👣

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Were you there when Carter was president? He made the oil companies mad. Now, he would be a hero. So, like all corporations, the punishment was to punish working americans. Seems like there is plenty of oil everywhere. They kept telling us the oil was running out.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Cruz is delusional, he wallows in self-deception

and outright lies

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

That's a tough question to answer. The Liberal values of the '80s were quite different than they are now.

The 'Scoop Jackson" era had a strong overlap in the Democrat side with the so-called conservative values of today-I call them American values- and they are 'marginalized' these days, IMO.

I suppose I fit into the Reagan-Democrat cubby-hole the best.

I hated Nixon and loathed Carter...go figure...

I had bad personal experiences with unions, as did a number of people I knew. There were far less positive ones when I look back. There WERE a few though. As usual, it's not straight forward black and white.

( Personally, I hate getting sucked into these pissing contests. There's obvious truth on both sides.)

I can't name all the small, and not so small, points that led me to my current views-senility(?)- , but I can say with complete honesty, I hate the current version of the Democrat Party and I distrust the Republican Establishment.

I have the least problems with traditional values, the Constitution, a strong economy and defense. I believe in a helping hand for those in need, with limitations. Far more (limitations) than is currently accepted.

I do not blame anyone or any party or deity for my current situation. "I" am responsible. I made the bed that I lay on. No one else.

I am not a victim. The worst of events can be turned into learning experiences and wisdom. (Though I am not wise.)

Does that make me a Democrat? A Republican? I think not.

edit on 10-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: clarification ()

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yes I was. I think it sucked. He's, perhaps, in the top three reasons I left the Democrats.

You make an interesting point on the oil companies. They had a far, far larger role in the day than now, from what I can see.

Do you remember the oil company commercials where the dinosaur squeezes down a hole and becomes 'oil'?

A hero? Not in my books.

edit on 10-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I admired him for standing up to the oil companies, when everyone else was genuflecting at the knees for them.

If I remember the time, we got Jimmy Carter because of Nixon's scandals. Same way with Obama.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You may be right. I also think Obama will follow in Carter's footsteps and leave behind unmitigated messes.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

But not a global financial free fall of jobs, like in 2008. Wall Street should love him as much as they did Reagan.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thanks. Good answer. 👏

👣

edit on 188TuesdayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

For sure I remember how the OPEC oil embargo messed with the US economy. Both Nixon and Carter tried to deal with it. Also, the nation was changing culturally, and the Viet Nam war aftermath had taken its toll. When Reagan came along as a candidate, he attracted beyond the traditional GOP base, from the "angry white male" to the hippie New Agers who were putting their hopes in Reagan's "vision" for America as an Age of Aquarius moment.

To help deal with the inflation, high unemployment was created. Companies layed off and looked to lower wages to keep profits up. As the economy would recover, gains would go to corporations and management, and employees would be told they were lucky to have a job.

The Middle Class over the years would never recover to pre-1980 economic power. As the economy globalized, the Middle Class would lose out more. Since the "financial industry" and "service industry" would replace manufacturing, the collapse of the financial industry killed off the Middle Class (and pushed families downward into barely hanging on or outright poverty) in ways it didn't hurt the higher incomes. Where a family might have to have family members move in together, someone with more financial means might have to sell off a jet or extra house or not be able to vacation in St. Barts that year.

With more financial resources to start off with in a recovery, the wealthier naturally would only get wealthier in an economy set up to make money for the wealthy. The economy has been rigged to benefit the wealthy for decades. Ted Cruz should be ashamed to say what he did, but he doesn't strike me as anyone who would ever feel shame. And what should he care, as he's been told he's God's Chosen One to lead America.

You mentioned Scoop Jackson. He sure worked hard for the country as a whole. Back then even into the 1980s politicians found ways to work together. Politicians back then were true public servants, not viewing their time in office as merely a stepping stone to a lucrative contract with a lobbying firm or position on a corporate board.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

he's delusional, crazy and i think mentally retarded. these whackjobs opinions are backwards and vile. screw you ted
'

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
My jobs were labor jobs, so was my husband's. We worked very hard for 40 years. The republican party left us behind. And lied about hard work is all you need to make it. We need each other too. When we are sick or the kids are sick. We don't need our jobs and lives gambled with at the whims of Wall Street. Start cutting the CEO's and management pays first. The last remedy should be cutting jobs. Fix the dam tax system so that it favors the working class and not just Wall Street and stockholders, as it was before Reagan.

MOM, you say it so well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join