It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: we are the party of the people..LOL..NO BS heactually said that

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Cruz is for Cruz and his corporate cronies.
He claimed to be against amnesty and did the opposite.
His wife is a VP of the Octupus Squid Goldman Sachs.

He is just another puppet for a few wealthy elite rather than a man for all in this nation.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Just the very few using corporations to fulfill political agendas. Really, very few control all the corporations in the world, it's just a matter of tracing the money back to them. Very difficult, but they do rig it for all the billions.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Save the party line for the gullible. Your people have been running the show via Obama.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Somebody needs to get Cruz into a NASA suit with his Wife wearing a Goldman Sachs hat.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I shared that one when it popped up on Facebook. It applies to both parties, just different sponsors...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: DenyTreason

That's funny. The last election says otherwise. I'm not rich. The vast majority of the 'right' aren't rich.

If anything, I see the rich and the big Corporations thriving under Obama and Co..

Gates, Buffet, Soros...plenty of rich Democrat supporters....and their corporations...

Those who you mentioned would have thrived no matter who was in office. The point of the thread is about the GOP claiming to be the "party of the people" which is an absurd claim. Again, all one has to do is look at the Bills they are for and against. Not to mention their tactics now where they make an effort now to claim they are for the regular people. Why do they feel the need to even mention that?

When one removes the Right/Left bias and blinders, it is ridiculously simple to see the obvious. And it is indeed obvious that the GOP is anything but the party of the people. I have zero bias here. Your posts here on the forums suggest to me that you have a strong pro-GOP bias, so of course you just dont want to see this.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

In other words the rest of us are not 'people', we are somewhere lower on the totem pole.

At least to those who give support Ted Cruz and friends.

Who exactly donates money to them?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Now I have no problem with him saying these things about the democrats. What I have a problem with is his not saying these things about his own party. As a "supposed" man of the people, a popular Tea Party hero, I would expect to hear truth from his lips. Yet I do not. What I hear is lies by omission. Let me repeat that.

LIES BY OMISSION. By failing to point out his own parties complicity in the loss of freedoms in this country,Cruz makes clear that he is no better than those he denigrates.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hey wait !!!

Start with Congress itself. Who are the wealthiest members? Well, there are 269 millionaires among Congress' 535 members. And most of them are Democrats.

And contrary to the hand-wringing on the left about the Supreme Court's 5-4 McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission ruling Wednesday, Democrats far outspend Republicans on elections. It isn't even close.

According to OpenSecrets.org, from 1989 to 2014 rich donors gave Democrats $1.15 billion — $416 million more than the $736 million given to the GOP. Among the top 10 donors to both parties, Democrat supporters outspent Republican supporters 2-to-1.

Democrats: The Real Party Of The Rich

and then of course, we still have rising poverty and high crime in the Democrat voting pockets.

hmmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Unfortunately, the "Corporations" are well involved on both parties. Perhaps, in some cases different Corps.. Sometimes they cover both bases.

Yet again, you don't seem to realize that that majority has given control to the Republicans. Those people aren't rich.

They've heard the same rhetoric and party line for decades...they've given you every opportunity.

They're done with your unchanging mantra. They also do not trust the Republican Party. (As I do not.)
Even many Democrats have called for a "redefining".

The next two years seem already scripted. Obama will continue with his agenda. The republicans will force vetoes from Obama and say, rightly, the Obama is blocking 'progress"-(Republican version.)

No, it won't be Cruz who's the next President any more than Elizabeth Warren for the Dems....sfter that? Your guess is as good as mine....

I'm turning in...g'nite..

edit on 8-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True or not..what your showing that the BS politicians that are claiming to be dems...are also bought.

I was pointing out that Cruz made a joke when he said his party is for the people. The dem party members though are for the people...where as the opposite is true for the members of the republican party...which, like I said before...is the party of "ME ME ME>>the hell with you"

How many billionaires support the Democratic vs. Republican parties?

These lists aren't complete due to the disclosure rules protecting donors' identities. Both sides are spending more of this "dark money" than ever before, said Robert Maguire, a political nonprofit investigator at the Center for Responsive Politics.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well he is tea party and that was their line, way back to the "contract with America". Problem is that George w and Cheney showed their true colors. Too many people though are still fueled by their rhetoric. Just look at a lot of the opinions in this thread or elsewhere on this site.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

“The top 1 percent under President Obama, the millionaires and billionaires that he constantly demagogues, earn a higher share of our income than any year since 1928,” he continued. “Those with power and influence, who walk the corridors of power of the Obama administration, have gotten fat and happy under big government.”

I generally stay out of political topics and my views on both Parties are about the same, but that statement would appear to be factual.

I suspect that no matter which side is in the White House, it would have gone about the same for the last six years.

It's a shame that people get so drawn into the hate fest they don't seem to notice their side and the other side seem to always end up producing the same results with few rare exceptions.

One side prefers boots on the ground, the other killing with drones. One side prefers the progressive elite get all the marbles, the other that the so called neocon's fill up their marble bag. In the end, is it not the same?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Save the party line for the gullible. Your people have been running the show via Obama.

In 1970 there were less than 200 Banking and Corporate lobby offices in DC
In 2015, there are well over 2000 Corporate and Banking Lobby Offices in DC

www.opensecrets.org/revolving/

When you have 45 out of 50 Goldman Sachs Lobbyists formerly Congressional Staffers
When you have 37 out of 49 Citigroup Lobbyists formerly Congressional Staffers
When you have 29 out of 35 GE Lobbyists formerly Congressional Staffers and so on and so on

Why would anyone expect there to be a difference between different parties?
It is pretty clear the Presidents are hand selected puppets.

Outside of Washington DC, there are certain people complaining about it and then you have others all for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He is 100% correct .. as much as the other party is.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Name a Western religion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all came from the Middle East.

Jedi?

But, yeah, the people don't have a party. But we do get to pick up the tab.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I believe it. there's also a massive increase in all lobbyists in D.C.. All industries and interest groups, including countries...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

When you base your politics on one of two polar opposites, you only have limited possible outcomes.

1) You keep flip flopping between the two, voting one lot in, and then the other. Whether you like progressive policy or not, you are contributing to progressive movement. Left, right, left, right, left, right. Its a straight line. However, in politics, that means that someones agenda is getting serviced, and it is not the agenda of the majority of human beings in the state or nation being discussed.

2) You pick one side and keep picking it every time, and all you do is go in circles.

In truth, Ted Cruz's comments are no more empty, invalid, or dishonest than the same sort of thing being said by the Democrats. They neither of them owe their allegiance to the people of the country they battle for control over every four years, neither party is honestly beholden to the will of the people, as they ought to be. They are both party structures which allow an unacceptable state of affairs to continue unabated.

That situation of course, is one in which money has more power than need, where corporate concerns are worth more than individual votes, or individual voters, where the opinion of the people who are supposed to own and run the nation (the people) are denuded of their power by a small minority of megalomaniacal tycoons with delusions of grandeur, who have hijacked the nation out from under its people over decades, if not longer.

This is not a problem original to the United States of America, indeed, it happens in every place where the people do not have the deciding vote, not just on who sits in the important chairs, but on the issues themselves. That there is still a left/right paradigm in the US or anywhere else, including my own country, is evidence that politics, world wide, is broken. If even the most affluent nations cannot free their people from such bonds, then what hope has politics as a process in any other place?

What use is it, if even in places which allegedly have the greatest amount of freedom, there is no actual freedom to speak of? Freedom is about more than the freedom to decide ones own individual fate, but to also have ones political beliefs reflected, along with everyone elses, on how ones nation does its business. No where has any genuine freedom on tap, and that will not change as long as there is still a binary political system in existence.
edit on 9-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error removed.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What people are the DEMS for???? Themselves....YES. People they think will vote for them.....YES. People that will give them money to get elected.......YES.

If those people happen to be poor/gay/African American, well then that's a bonus that they can exploit to make them look better. Any idiot can give away OTHER PEOPLES TAX MONEY. If Democrats really, really felt like helping these people, they would use their OWN money, instead of promising endless goodies from the gov't. It's a documented FACT that Democrats give a lot less to charities....why, they are such loving people aren't they?

So really it's about making them look better and giving them money and not helping anybody. If it was about what you say, they would have helped them long ago.......and giving out free crap is not helping people, it puts a noose around their neck.

Conclusion/Reality.....Both parties SUCK.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join