It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soccer violence kills 22 in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Fighting between soccer fans and security forces has killed 22+ people in Egypt......
This is a similar situation to the riot of 2012 which took 74 lives....
I am wondering if the Muslim Brotherhood may be involved in this.....
Last time the riots went for days.....perhaps there will be a political overtone to this we have not yet heard about?

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Egyptian soccer hooligans don't even drink!

Take THAT Europe!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

What is sports other than organized practiced warfare on the field?

No reason to think it wouldn't spill over into other areas of life now and again.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Egyptian soccer hooligans don't even drink!

Take THAT Europe!

Drunks have weaker punches I assume

going from the actual number of casualties in European hooligan fights!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

yay?

maybe if islamic idiots all over the world can convert to soccer hooligans they can reduce their numbers of people killed globally on a daily basis in an expedient fashion?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And we thought celtic rangers games where bad.....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nice collection of one liners guys....anything pertinent to add?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We definitely need to get some Soccer legislation on the books.
You know that this one soccer death killed almost as many as Columbine and the Colorado theater killings COMBINED???
Where is Michael Moore when we need him?
I am thinking Soccer game registration at least. Its the only sensible thing to do. We as a society simply cannot have people who have not passed a background check going to soccer games willy-nilly.
Can you believe that not a single state in the Union has a law on the books that prohibit soccer ball sales to minors?
Crazy I know, there are children... CHILDREN I tell you that have impromptu soccer ball games all over the world!

LOL
edit on 9-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not surprised this happened - many peoples in this world are Stupid -

Whats worse is this behavior is Accepted by many local governments !

Stupid people have fought REAL WARS over this stupid game :

The Soccer War was fought between Honduras and El Salvador in 1969, when the two nations' soccer teams were playing a best-of-three playoff for the right to compete in the 1970 World Cup.

The first match took place in Honduras on June 8, 1969. According to Polish journalist and author Ryszard Kapuscinski, Honduran fans rioted outside the hotel where the Salvadoran team was trying to sleep the night before the match. The Honduran team defeated the exhausted Salvadorans 1-0.

A week later, the Honduran team received an even worse reception than the Salvadorans when they played the second match in El Salvador. In addition to pre-game, sleep-depriving rioting, Salvadorans taunted the Honduran team by running a dirty dish rag up the stadium flag pole normally reserved for the visiting team's colors. El Salvador won, 3-0.

Anger between the two countries turned into all-out war July 14, 1969, when El Salvador's military invaded Honduras. The Salvadoran military made spectacular advances until about, oh, July 16, when it started to run out of ammo and motor fuel. Under pressure from the Organization of American States, the two nations stopped fighting on July 20, with Salvadoran forces withdrawing from most of the territory they'd captured. Most reports I've read indicate that 2,000 people died.
clatl.com...
edit on 9-2-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

new topics

top topics

join