It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I recently got in a heated debate over the movie American Sniper in a thread on here. To those involved: I am sorry.

But not only to them, to anyone I might have ever offended and I undoubtedly will offend in the future: I am sorry.

Why this thread? Just to say sorry? No. Because as emotional as the thread that sparked this one might have gotten, the premise remains the same;

I really do not feel like killing/violence is a solution to anything.

Someone asked me what I'd suggest then? Well, call me naive, but this is a start, at least in my opinion. It's something I've been missing on the internet a lot, and I think if killing Muslims should get some attention, saying sorry, as cheesy as that might sound, deserves some spotlight as well.

Everyone always feels they have it right, and I'm usually no different, but in the process we forget that people who don't have the luxury of debating it, are actually suffering.

Yeah, I get emotional. I watch liveleak every day though I probably shouldn't, because refreshing my memory on a daily base on the fact that ACTUAL PEOPLE are dying, does make me emotional, especially towards people who openly promote such violence that always affects the innocent too.

I might sound extreme but I'm not. You don't disarm a suicide bomber by offering them a hug, you shoot them in the head before they manage to press that button.

Saying sorry is not going to stop ISIS. But damnit, there ARE people out there who deserve one, especially if we now expect them to stand up to the actual scum among them. Show them we're humans too, unlike the ISIS monsters, so they know they can side with us. Why would they if they know us for bombing their villages?

On a sidenote;

We have the internet, we can communicate directly among us little pawns, no matter what continent we live on, we can show eachother that our governments and the actual powerhouses are NOT siding with us commoners either.

Frustrated Westerners should NOT be tweeting about how they want to kill Muslims even more now, they should be tweeting about their corrupt governments siding with multinationals that cause turmoil around the globe for personal profit and gains.
(The Papua New Guinea operations by ExxonMobil is a perfect example, causing civil war for gas and profit)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Strawberry88

Nice Thought Provoking Thread. Thanx! Syx.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Most people like strawberries so don't worry about it. Gain experience at dealing with Ad Hominum and don't take things personal if someone doesn't agree with you on something.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Well said! Bravo!!! I would give you a jillion stars and flags if I could.

Don't let the haters get to you. We need all the people like you we can get in this fight. People with conscience, heart and soul. Continue speaking your truth, and be thankful you can think and speak for yourself. Use the experience to better define your position and refine your arguments. Learn from everyone... but let others say what they will, and know they speak only for themselves, and be thankful they told you who they really are. Forewarned is forearmed!

Keep fighting the good fight. As you already know, we can do better, and we have the means and technology to make it happen across the world. If we (as a nation) were doing the right thing for the right reason, we wouldn't be in this mess right now. We have blood on our hands... and all to benefit the few at the expense of the many... those who have no heart, soul or conscience.

Brightest blessings

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

When did an apology become a platform for looking to drive your point further home?

I was raised that an apology was a straightforward and sincere apology. Oh, and for you kiddos today who've adopted the "I'm sorry you felt that I...blah blah blah..." rather than a genuine apology such as "I apologize for my actions"...it doesn't change. An apology still is not an opportunity to attempt to push an agenda further.

Sorry, but I feel your apology is weak at best. At worst? You come across as if you were simply looking for another chance to get a jab in under the flag of "I'm sorry".

new topics

top topics

join