It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question That Evolutionist Couldn't Answer

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: Grimpachi

You can tell from the OP that he isn't interested in a discussion with anyone that doesn't agree with him. Also the OP and his posts scream persecution complex. Something that seems to be a trend in his threads, at least any time religion or evolution is brought up. Isn't there a rule about creating threads than dipping out on them like this? This is like his third thread on evolution. I still have not once seen him actually address anything people tell him. It always gets turned into something about us hating God or some bs. Sigh...

Yep, this is the 2nd thread by him that I've seen, and the last one went the same exact route. He posted a video in the beginning and got really upset when people pointed out the multiple known hoaxes in the video to discredit it. Whenever people offered explanations and information it was denied and laughed at, and it essentially became a mudslinging contest. I'm pretty sure he was gone after page 7, but returned like 50 pages later to start the cycle again, then of course he vanishes again.

It's a shame that the OP is so offended by science, that he feels the need to use improper terminology, multiple fallacies and imaginary distinctions like micro and macro evolution and the multiple definitions invoked for adaptation. What is macro evolution? Millions of years of micro evolution. It really is that simple. People like him try to paint it as a different mechanism, but when asked what that mechanism is, they come up blank, or claim that since they don't know that macro evolution is faith based. It's absurdly silly.
edit on 10-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would like to give an example of "macro" evolution as the ignorance of some people denying it's proof is actually starting to get to me (you know who you are).

It's general consensus amongst scientist that birds evolved from reptiles. Every bird of prey in Latin has the word "raptor" in its name to highlight this fact. These are two distinctly different sets of species, one evolving from another.

To prove this scientists tested on chicken ls and reactivated dorment genes to see the affects it has on chicks whilst still in the egg. They created chickens that instead of feather produced scales and others had teeth within there beaks. I am terrible at showing links and sourcing my information but if the person in question genuinely wanted to know the answer to his question instead of repeating the same creationist /head in the sand perspective than you will a timely search and find this information.

I am glad to be of assistance. I apologise if any has posted this information already but I had to skip alot of the posts due to its diluted nature. If this is not the proof of "macro evolution " of one species becoming another and you are not willing to accept this then please remove your bookmark from genesis and carry on reading.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I forgot to post how amazing some of these links have been in a fuetile attempt to educate the ignorant. You know they will not acknowledge the findings but you lot still invest alot on time in doing so...for that I thank you lot

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Wow do try to find those links I would love to read them....I wonder if they could do the same with a human.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Every bird of prey in Latin has the word "raptor" in its name to highlight this fact.

that's not true - i'm not aware of any bird of prey with raptor in it's binomial name (if that's what you mean) - birds of prey are known as raptors (from the latin rapere meaning 'to seize') because they catch prey with their feet

i think the dinosaurs where named such for the same reason

they are related though as you say

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock
Fair play. A childhood fact that was clearly wrong. I have become edumacated.

I can't find any scientific pdfs for that chicken experiment..only newspaper articles which I don't like to source as "fact".However I am incredibly lazy.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the OP has ever looked at the evolution of the whale and the trail of fossils that prove that it went from a hooved animal to the blue whale. That's a pretty massive leap.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And if they did do that experiment to humans it would only produce god..lol

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

here you go:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Cheers will watch later.
On my phone at work.
Gonna get thumped soon I think so better not try and watch it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Attempted to watch it...dude awoke ...got thumped lol.
I love my jpb gonna find him some funny monkey vids to cheer him up.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Sometimes these threads seem like a social experiment to see just how much people know about evolution. I mean it's just like teaching for me. Any time I find myself explaining something thoroughly, the idea solidifies itself a little more in my own head as well.

I participate in hopeless threads like this because there just might be someone who learns something from the information or links that I post.

Unfortunately, it's typically not the OP who has any interest in learning but someone out there might.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Sometimes these threads seem like a social experiment to see just how much people know about evolution. I mean it's just like teaching for me. Any time I find myself explaining something thoroughly, the idea solidifies itself a little more in my own head as well.

I participate in hopeless threads like this because there just might be someone who learns something from the information or links that I post.

Unfortunately, it's typically not the OP who has any interest in learning but someone out there might.

This times 1000.

The mantra of this site is "Deny Ignorance" and I can't think of a better way to do that than to provide information on the subject to folks that may not fully understand it. I'm with you 100% Part of me also thinks that most of these 'creationists' that still hang around after all this time are part of an atheist organization whose goal is to make religious folk look bad. If even one lurker out there reads this thread and learns something from it, then it was well worth it.

edit on 10-2-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Micro evolution is what builds macro evolution. If you accept micro evolution then you must understand that as this compounds it can creates macro evolution. As for explosive evolutionary events, these are usually due to disaster or something leaving only the best gene pool to mate with. Even Without macro evolution, micro evolution would get us some way to more diverse species.
Darwin finches are a good example
As someone's said, it may even be part of God's plan (I'm an atheist) at which point can you not keep your beliefs and view it as that. Considering you believe that micro evolution exists your already half way there

<< 15  16  17   >>

join