It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia opening Military Bases Inside the EU

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There is more going on then what is in the news . Our media has been sanitized and controlled for a long time . With Greece looking towards Russia and my guess the other swing in the politics going on now we may be seeing a wake up call . Most of our 2 parties system are causing the vote to go to the extremes . I think the trend will be to get out from the Anglo/American influence and the debt ridden IMF system . Take Turkey ,.... ""The detention in Istanbul last week of alleged members of a shadowy Turkish ultranationalist group has revived charges that elements within the Turkish security apparatus have long tried to destabilize the country through a campaign of bombings and assassinations. These allegedly include false flag operations that have been attributed to Kurdish separatists and violent Islamists... The Turkish media have claimed that the latest arrests follow intelligence reports that the gang was planning to carry out a series of high level assassinations...what Turks call... deep state has its origins in what are commonly called Gladio operations " - Mass Arrests Expose Operations of Turkey's "Deep State" - By Gareth Jenkins
The use of proxy mercenary forces to terrorize nations into submitting to US political demands has been the cornerstone of American foreign policy since at least the era of the Berlin Wall, and it still is. " This is not new news but ..www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Or this "From an American standpoint, it is easy to see clearly how Italian history was systematically destabilized in the second half of the 20th century, by a series of what I call structural deep events. I have defined these as "events, like the JFK assassination, the Watergate break-in, or 9/11, which violate the … social structure, have a major impact on … society, repeatedly involve law-breaking or violence, and in many cases proceed from an unknown dark force."2

The examples in Italy, well known to Italians, include the Piazza Fontana bombing of 1969, the Piazza della Loggia bombing of 1974, and the Bologna railway bombing of 1980.

These bombings, in which over one hundred civilians were killed and many more wounded, were attributed at the time to marginal left-wing elements of society. However, thanks chiefly to a series of investigations and judicial proceedings, it is now clearly established that the bombings were the work of right-wing elements in collusion with Italian military intelligence, as part of an on-going "strategy of tension" to discredit the Italian left, encourage support for a corrupt status quo, and perhaps move beyond democracy altogether.3 As one of the conspirators, Vincenzo Vinciguerra, later stated, "The December 1969 explosion was supposed to be the detonator which would have convinced the political and military authorities to declare a state of emergency."4

Vinciguerra also revealed that he and others had also been members of a paramilitary "stay-behind" network originally organized at the end of World War II by the CIA and NATO as "Operation Gladio." www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Or this . "Attack Was Carried Out By Professional "Gladio-Style" Operators

Video that has emerged from the recent attack in Paris shows heavily armed militants expertly handling their military-grade weapons with precision and discipline - clearly the recipients of military training. Whichever flavor of "Al Qaeda" they hail from, they are a product of the global network of terrorism the West has purposefully created and perpetuates to this day in order to carry out a war of terror upon their own citizenry, as well as proxy wars against their enemies overseas. " www.informationclearinghouse.info...

We are told by the western press that Russia is expanding and Crimea is only the latest but that is not true . Look at Georgia .They sent the military in and won in less then a 1/2 day . They didn't keep Georgia though . Maybe it's actually the Americans chickens coming home to roost .

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Not on the topic and not well sourced. A lot of effort thou...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I know, I was just saying that the US will probably have a problem with it and try to make a big deal about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: TonyS

I thought his villa was in Spain? Does he have a Greek Island as well?

That's my understaning. Saw an article several years ago to that effect. Can't find it now, so...perhaps I've misspoken or am dealing with dated information.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

So let me get this straight

Russia opens few bases and you are concerned

And 800 worldwide US military bases of which many surround Russia, you don't think is a problem

You are quickly becoming known on ATS as very anti Russia, which is fine you are entitled to it certainly

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

About time they started to play and beat the US at its own game

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

The agreement, if it goes ahead, will not be for bases per se, but the ability to manage humanitarian or emergency missions from Cyprus, both the civil port and airport. In other words some basing agreement.

People can talk this agreement up, but in fact it's a sign that Russia thinks their base in Syria may be disrupted.

As to Russian / Cypriot relations. These have a lot to do with the antipathy with Turkey. Russia attempts to ingratiate themselves with Cyprus is part of the political dealing that goes on. However, whichever way you cut it, Cyprus is a part of the EU and that's their ultimate leaning.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You could very well see both out of the EU and NATO entirely at some point.

...and they will survive the fall from "grace"....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

My sources are as equally good as the state
dept .

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

hah..."they know"...

"great deal of information"...

"strong assessment"...

LOL

they have "common sense".... LOOOOOOL

So basically....the proof they have...is common sense and social media

what other possible explanation could there be she asks ??!?!?

I really laughed at this video.

wait...isn't this off topic ?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Europe needs to stop wagging its tail whenever the us barks , there was no need for the sanctions imposed that the u.s demanded ,

Russia has every right to protect its boarders , i don't see Russia as the aggressors here in fact i think they are handling things more gentler than the u.s would .

The us are afraid of losing control over Europe but they can't see that it is their own fault because of their war machine ideology .

Russia is part of Europe weather the u.s likes it or not and Europe should stand together .

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
.Europe Wary of US ‘All Options’ Threat to Russia By Finian Cunningham www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"Hollande said, with urgent tone, that the peace bid was a last chance to avert “total war”. "What has probably galvanised the European leaders to push the diplomatic envelope is the reckless proposal from Washington earlier in the week to send more military weapons to the Kiev regime. Notably, Berlin and Paris said they were against supplying any more arms into the Ukraine crisis. Even the British government, normally a stalwart ally of Washington, voiced objection to the latest American weapons proposal. Moscow also warned Washington of the gravity, saying that if the US were to step up its military support for Kiev, that would result in “colossal damage to relations”.

"While Merkel and Hollande were earnestly endeavouring to find a peaceful way out of the impasse with Putin, it was apparent that a significant divergence between Europe and Washington had emerged.
The absence of US Secretary of State John Kerry from the meetings between Merkel, Hollande and Putin was a glaring sign of this divergence."

"Back in Munich, American Vice President Joe Biden seemed to be doing his best to provoke Russia with more outrageous slander. Biden was telling delegates that “Russia was escalating the conflict” and “Ukraine was fighting for its very survival”. He also said European questioning of US-led sanctions against Russia were “annoying and inappropriate” and that Europe must stand firm against Russian threats to “redraw the map of Europe”.

"An all-out war on the European landmass is an obvious calamity for the European Union." "German exports to Russia are projected to fall by 20 per cent this year compared with the previous year. That amounts to a gaping shortfall of €8 billion to the Germany economy. And what’s bad for Germany is equally bad for the economic prospects of the whole EU, mired as it is in recession and increasing unemployment across the 28-member bloc."

"Like the American self-righteous license to endlessly print worthless dollars and run-up trillions of unpaid national debt, Washington expects the rest of the world to bear its insufferable recklessness over Ukraine and toward Russia and Europe. There are growing signs, however, that the Europeans are at last beginning to wake up to the cataclysmic danger of kowtowing to Washington."

Europe Fractures: France Pivots To Putin, Cyprus Offers Moscow Military Base, Germany-US Splinter On Ukraine By Tyler Durden www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"Following yesterday's summary of the utter farce that the Minsk Summit/Ukraine "peace" deal talks have become, the various parties involved appear to be fracturing even faster today. The headlines are coming thick and fast but most prescient appears to be: Despite John Kerry's denial of any split between Germany and US over arms deliveries to Ukraine, German Foreign Minister Steinmeier slammed Washington's strategy for being "not just risky but counterproductive." But perhaps most significantly is France's continued apparent pivot towards Russia... Following Francois Hollande's calls for greater autonomy for Eastern Ukraine, former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has come out in apparent support of Russia (and specifically against the US), "we are part of a common civilization with Russia,” adding, "the interests of the Americans with the Russians are not the interests of Europe and Russia." Even NATO appears to have given up hope of peace as Stoltenberg's statements show little optimism and the decision byCyprus to allow Russia to use its soil for military facilities suggests all is not at all well in the European 'union'.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
So let me get this straight
And 800 worldwide US military bases of which many surround Russia, you don't think is a problem
You are quickly becoming known on ATS as very anti Russia, which is fine you are entitled to it certainly

You are not reading my post clearly. I have no problem with Russia building military bases. That's actually been explicitly stated in a post in this thread. I'm not sure if stating it a second time is going to help you 'get this straight'.

The issue I started this thread about is Cypress allowing a couple Russian military bases in an EU country and right beside a NATO base. The decision has ramifications on multiple levels for Cypress and the EU, much less for the USA. I don't believe Russia will only put a 'humanitarian crisis' base on Cypress and anyone who thinks it will be limited to that purpose is naive I think.

I truly have no care what people see me as, pro-Russia or anti-Russia. I know that I am neither. I can and do post on issues about the US and democracy exposing problems there. My personal experience and interest is surrounding Russia more, so more posts around that.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

so the u.s is upset that no body is believing their lies any more , i see false terrorist attacks on some of these networks
coming soon .

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Cyprus denies 'Russia deal on military bases'

Cyprus has denied Russian media reports that it is ready to lease two military bases to Russia.

"There is no question of Russian air or naval military bases on the soil of Cyprus," said Foreign Minister Ioannis Kasoulides.

Earlier, Russian government newspaper Rossiiskaya Gazeta said Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades would make the offer on an official visit to Moscow on 25 February.

Cyprus is in the EU but not in Nato.

The leasing deal would concern an air base near Paphos and a naval base at Limassol, according to Rossiiskaya Gazeta. Russia can already use the bases temporarily.

But Mr Kasoulides dismissed the leasing claim, saying "there has never been any request from Russia about this", the Cyprus News Agency CNA reported.

He said President Anastasiades was referring to "the renewal of a military co-operation agreement with Russia consisting of maintenance of military equipment sold to Cyprus years ago, as well as the purchase of spare parts according to existing contracts".

He added that "as regards the offering of facilities, these are of a purely non-military humanitarian nature, such as the evacuation of Russian civilians from the Middle East if the need arises".

Russian warships can already use the Limassol base for refuelling and the Andreas Papandreou air base for humanitarian missions.

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Where are your shouts about the thread title and it being a hoax ?

I`m sitting here with a large bag of popcorn waiting for the show and nothing happens.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Where are your shouts about the thread title and it being a hoax ?

I`m sitting here with a large bag of popcorn waiting for the show and nothing happens.

Its located in the post you failed to read right above yours.

The op used a reputable source. The denial by Cyprus occurred on February 9th, which is today. I would suspect with the denial by Cyprus this thread will fade away. Considering the OP and his background I don't foresee him ignoring the facts and trying to claim the government of Cyprus is lying.

By the way Russia already has use of naval and aircraft facilities located in Cyprus. They have naval repair use and humanitarian access which is why you are probably quiet on this topic. You cant argue the EU is trying to deny Russia use of facilities for their military assets in the region.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What you are looking at is a matter of tactics. And in this game of high stakes poker, sometimes the most obvious should not be paid too much attention to.

Point in case for that would be World War II. The allies knew that the Nazi’s considered Patton to be one of the greatest threats, and after the slapping incident, he was put on Malta. Not back in England, or sent home, but on Malta. That positioning alone gave the Nazi intelligence a run to try to figure out if there was going to be a move on either Greece and other parts in that area, on the eastern part of Europe. It was a ploy that worked well.

Now move forward to the era of the cold war and the Soviet Union. Most, if not all of Eastern Europe was under Soviet control and influence. They had military basis all around, and specifically warm water naval ports. If you look to the north where Russia has naval ports, the problem is that for part of the year, they are locked in ice and are not able to function properly, so they need the naval ports in warmer waters, where ships can dock, resupply and crews change out. With the fall of the Berlin wall and the loss of the Soviet satellite countries, they have had to figure out what to do with their naval forces operating in the Atlantic ocean. Now it looks like a new cold war is starting and Russia is starting to flex is military muscle, but not all over, but in key areas. If you look at the area of interest, for Russia, and in specific, strategic points, it would make sense that it is seeking new allies and placement of military forces in key areas of interest, and Cypress would make a very good strategic point.

Looking at the map, Cyprus sits in a good area, a military force there, could put a choke hold on several major waterways, like the Suez canal and the Black Sea, also control some points of entry and movement via the waterways around the middle east. If I was looking to put the heat on different countries, those would be 2 points to control or have military assets positioned, or at a base or 2 that would be very close by.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So you have been going on page after page when the information didn`t fit your narrative, yammering about false thread titles and bad sources, attacking not only the thread but also the one making it, but when it comes from a source which normally sings your beloved song and when the maker also does that, you start to praise him ?

How lovely hypocritical of you.
edit on 9 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join