It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German intelligence: the death toll in Ukraine is 50 thousand

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
German intelligence: the death toll in Ukraine is 50 thousand

MOSCOW, 8 Feb - RIA Novosti. German intelligence agencies estimate the likely death toll in the ongoing military conflict in the East of Ukraine at 50 thousand people, which is almost ten times higher than the official data from Kiev, said a source in the intelligence services of Germany.

"Official figures are too low and not credible," - reported the Sunday newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, citing a source in German intelligence.

Source

Frankfurter Allgemeine/German

Already last summer there were rumours that the official losses of the Ukrainian army were much higher, and it seems they were right.

No wonder hardly any Ukrainian wants to fight, mobilization numbers are very low and soldiers on the front refuse to fight.

And yet they still want to continue with sending in weapons and are talking about combining the army of the Ukraine with the Lithuania and Poland armies (as my second post here shows (which was confirmed by baburak to be true)) to bring even more soldiers into the slaughter house.

What balderdash! Posting up stories like this only feeds the meter for the Band that plays the war drums.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I hadn't heard that story.

It wasn't so long ago that Russia built thousands of nuclear shelters, the rapid pace gave rise to speculation. I don't think anyone in Europe wants confrontation with Russia, it is really the USA. How far they are willing to push and how much Russia will take...I have no idea.

I don't worry so much about nuclear conflagration. I live not so far from Trident and I'm sure we would be high up on any Russian hit list. I won't have to worry about all that winter stuff.

It's all good.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Germany is known to stretch the truth whenever it benefits them. Of course all governments do!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

True, but the death toll is likely much higher as we are being told...Ukraine and US doesn`t want to let the people know how high it actually is because of public opinion.

If people in the Ukraine know the real number no one wants to fight anymore, and if the people in the US know the real number they might start to pay more attention to it. Support for the war isn`t that great already.

So the number might be closer to the truth as most actual think.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Germany is known to stretch the truth whenever it benefits them. Of course all governments do!

Really? Interesting.

Aside from the fact that the FAZ is a fairly good newspaper (not ze Government), how does a more accurate assessment of the death toll in Ukraine "benefit" Germany?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Just while we are posting here and despite a a lot of diplomatic noise in Moscow and Munich
Ukraine army intensified shelling of rebel hold Lugansk and Donetzk
A very powerful explosion in Donetzk several hours ago
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Holy crap what was that ?

Tochka-U ?

Kiev isn`t going to stop.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't know what it was.

Found another video, closer to the explosion
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Euromaiden Twitter, for what is worth, says weapon depot.

Twitter

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Found another video, closer to the explosion

I have to ask how this man uploaded this video a day before it was shot...

From the video...

Notice it says 09/02/2015, but he says it happened on the 8th

Donetsk, explosion 08/02/15

So how does that work?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yes I noticed this too. This camera for sure will add a lot to different conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Maybe just wrong date in the camera.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I have very bad feelings that nothing was reported from MSM till now.

It could be indeed small tactical nuke.
Unconfirmed thousands of dead in Donetzk.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Where did the unconfirmed reports come from?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Kiev wants to hide how many Ukrainians they killed on both sides

US just plain wants to hide they are more evil than Satan

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Smh

How is this about the U.S?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Because US created the whole thing by spending billions on NGO groups in Ukraine to start a revolution to install a puppet government

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: kitzik

Where did the unconfirmed reports come from?

Maybe the same source that keeps reporting the many Russian invasions!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
From the research I have done online, it seems to me that German Intelligence is the primary force behind the war in Ukraine (so if anyone knows casualty numbers...). They helped orchestrate the coup that put the current junta in power in western Ukraine, and did so with a green light from US intelligence. They did so to remove a democratically elected government that was perceived as too friendly to Russia.

To offer rebuttal to the first thing some will argue. The election process in Ukraine may not have been great, but it was certainly as democratic as the farce we have here, which isnt saying much , but its as democratic as anything really gets these days. Ukraine had elected both Western and Russian leaning presidents.

Russia took exception to the Western organized coup and decided to support the ethnic Russians in the east of,the country, as well as reclaiming Crimea. Just because really. They were going to get their hands dirty anyhow. is what we could probably assume was the reasoning.

Think if Russia organized a coup in mexico to replace the elected government with a Russian leaning Junta. Because that is exactly the situation in Ukraine.

The thing is everyone still pretends that this coup didnt happen. Now this is no support of Russia. Not a place Id want to live. This is about being honest about the situation and who keeps instigating wars around the globe. Being strong is great. Instigating wars and coups across the globe all the time is maddeningly immoral.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Think if Russia organized a coup in mexico to replace the elected government with a Russian leaning Junta. Because that is exactly the situation in Ukraine.

You mean the way the Soviet Union supported Fidel Castro's coup in Cuba? The US did try to subvert that, but with fewer casualties than Russia has been inflicting on Ukraine. Eventually, the US just let it go and settled on a childish embargo. Russia is fighting because Putin considers Ukraine to be its own property.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join