It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Jordanian Pilot Was Captured, The Ugly Truth. Possible Theory?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

And yet both of those are exactly what has happened in the past many times. Pilots make mistakes, especially in the heat of combat. The F-16 is designed so you don't have to look down to set your weapons switches, but that can lead to switch errors. There is a Master Arm switch, and throttle switches. It's not like you have a switch in front of you for missiles, and one beside you for bombs. All the weapons controls are on the throttle.

Apparently though they weren't too concerned about the wingman who would have seen the same thing as the pilot that was shot down.

I love how the US is ultra competent when it comes to pulling these false flags, but leaves huge logic holes and tons of evidence laying around.
edit on 2/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's not like you have a switch in front of you for missiles, and one beside you for bombs.

If you accidentally had the switch on missiles thinking it was on bombs, wouldn't you still need to be locked on to an air target to take out that plane?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Not with newer missiles. They are capable of locking on after being launched. That's becoming a common feature in IR missiles. It allows for an over the shoulder launch at targets behind you, or well off to the side.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Is it common to have air to air missiles loaded, when your threat is 100% ground based?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Short in the weapons pylon, switch in the wrong place are two easy reasons it could happen. I posted three incidents in another thread where missiles were accidentally fired at another friendly, two during peacetime training, and once during Desert Storm, resulting in one shoot down and the other two suffering significant damage.

A short in the weapons pylon, or a switch in the wrong place huh? Now that seems like reaching. Now as to your other examples, I could counter you with the many known examples of US false flags, so I guess we are back to a zero sum game.

What makes the least amount of sense to me is the wingman shooting the pilot down, when they have no air to air threats to engage.

Op, I remembered hearing about the weapons air drops that were captured by Isis a few months ago, I couldn't help but think how flimsy an excuse that was. I mean really, why would they air drop weapons even if there was a small chance of them being intercepted. The whole Isis narrative from the beginning has been like a bad Brian Williams bed time story. Man people are gullible!

why? Because there might have been men on the ground in dire need of supplies. In Sangin in 2006 supplies meant for British troops were dropped on Taliban positions. It's war. # happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

They always carry at least two missiles regardless of the mission. Even though they have an agreement with Syria they would carry them in case someone took offense to them being there. Better to have them and not need them then to not have them and need them.

The F-16 has missile rails on the wingtips so they can carry them without interfering with their bomb loads.
edit on 2/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Because there might have been men on the ground

What men on the ground?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm unfamiliar with this but wouldn't the missile have to lock on? Or are we suggesting that it just fired and the physical object of it struck it without blowing up.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Newer air to air missiles, usually IR missiles are LOAL capable. They take cues from helmet mounted cuing systems but don't actually lock on until after being fired. They can be fired at targets behind the aircraft and lock on after turning around and the seeker finally sees the target.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Because there might have been men on the ground

What men on the ground?
peshmerga? US or UKSF embedded with the Kurds? Not saying it's a cert but it's a distinct possibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Is there any way to stop the lock on after launch?

Misfire seems like something an engineer would contemplate when making auto-lock missiles. imo.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Once it leaves the launch aircraft, whether it's LOAL capable or not, it's pretty much on its own. There's a short window with the AIM-120 where it uses the launch aircraft's radar beam to guide, but once it's fired it's either going to hit, or not. There's not much you can do at that point.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Cheers.

Sounds like a dangerous compromise in engineering.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Do they know for a fact his wingman fired anything?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not to mention the US controls the airspace there so they know everybody who's flying

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nothing has officially been said. I remember hearing the pilot say it in a video that was released.

But in the video where he was executed he said it was an antiaircraft weapon.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

There is a bunch of scuttlebutt about that type of system being lost in a covert Benghazi-"fast and furious"weapons for allies CIA deal.
But I would say if the Jordainians flew into a heavily occupied sector of another country, they wouldn't have the deep rescue capability

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

“The Iraqi intelligence sources reiterated that the US military planes have airdropped several aid cargoes for ISIL terrorists to help them resist the siege laid by the Iraqi army, security and popular forces,” the report states.

The sources claim that the terrorists have received state-of-the-art weaponry, made in the US, including expensive armour piercing bullets that cost $2,000 a piece.
“What is important is that the US sends these weapons to only those that cooperate with the Pentagon and this indicates that the US plays a role in arming the ISIL,” an Iraqi security source told FNA.
“These bullets pierce armored vehicles and kill the people inside the vehicle” the Iraqi source claims, adding that “These weapons have killed many Iraqi military and volunteer forces so far.”
- See more at: marketdailynews.com...

Full Story

The Americans had already released their prize possession, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (real name Ibrahim al-Badri al-Samarrai) in Iraq. Al-Baghdadi was in American custody from 2005 to 2009 and was held at Camp Bucca after the torture and rape scandals of Abu Ghraib were exposed.

It is widely believed that the Americans are using al-Baghdadi—and this is borne out by his activities in Syria since his release—to advance the American agenda in the region.

Another interesting story

In the Telegraph’s 2013 article titled, “US and Europe in ‘major airlift of arms to Syrian rebels through Zagreb’,” it is reported:

…3,000 tons of weapons dating back to the former Yugoslavia have been sent in 75 planeloads from Zagreb airport to the rebels, largely via Jordan since November.
The story confirmed the origins of ex-Yugoslav weapons seen in growing numbers in rebel hands in online videos, as described last month by The Daily Telegraph and other newspapers, but suggests far bigger quantities than previously suspected.
The shipments were allegedly paid for by Saudi Arabia at the bidding of the United States, with assistance on supplying the weapons organised through Turkey and Jordan, Syria’s neighbours. But the report added that as well as from Croatia, weapons came “from several other European countries including Britain”, without specifying if they were British-supplied or British-procured arms.
British military advisers however are known to be operating in countries bordering Syria alongside French and Americans, offering training to rebel leaders and former Syrian army officers. The Americans are also believed to be providing training on securing chemical weapons sites inside Syria.

One Accident?

Just some interesting reading....propaganda....a weapon of GREASTEST mass destruction.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nothing has officially been said. I remember hearing the pilot say it in a video that was released.

But in the video where he was executed he said it was an antiaircraft weapon.
well the Jordanian air force won't want to admit blue on blue and Isis won't want to admit not shooting him down so who knows.
edit on 0941642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: plube

I remember that story about weapons and night vision equipment being flown out of Eastern Europe by the RAF to Iraq at the time and thinking 'hmmm...'
edit on 3641642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join