It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Special Operations classified construction FY 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well this hanger is pretty damn big i guess. what 200 feet by 200 feet is 40000 square feet right?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

I agree that if the facility was at a common base, they would just name it. Secrecy just makes everything a pain. Could be Groom,TTR, or they get some DOE land. (Think the AOF at Yucca Dry Lake.) Or some facility in the sticks if they buy enough land. On the east coast, trees can buy you a lot of privacy.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

yeah thats what i figured i have seen those huge bags go in and out. gas mask and all.

thats why i said it couldnt be the bags, i guess it was just wishful thinking of something neat.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

For the folks for whom size really matters..

Tinker pushes north of 160,000

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

For the folks for whom size really matters..

Tinker pushes north of 160,000

lol yeah its small for heavy standards. I was thinking about UAV standards.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'd think Hurlburt would be a bit too public, with a Southern approach coming in right over rt. 98. My bet would be Duke Field.

Speaking of Duke, there's an interesting looking hangar off runway 18 on the North side of the field. Isolated, has its own security perimeter, good place to put something out of view.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

Good point. I forgot about that approach.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What caught my eye was the size of the HVAC....10 tons. Seems way to small for a 39,000 square foot hanger in the south or anywhere it gets above 85F for that matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdSurly
What caught my eye was the size of the HVAC....10 tons. Seems way to small for a 39,000 square foot hanger in the south or anywhere it gets above 85F for that matter.

Supporting facilities for the Hangar/Shop requires pavements with vehicle roadway and parking, tug roadway, associated site improvements, utilities, communications, generator and realignment of existing supporting facilities as required. Air conditioning: 35 kW (10 tons

I suppose they don't condition the entire hangar but just portions of the facility. Usually you see the hangar doors open when in use, but if the aircraft are classified, that might not be an option.

I double checked to make sure 35kw equals 10 tons. Ten tons would be enough for maybe three houses.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff here i would like to know if you can find info equipment and funding for a facility in VA that makes Mini nuclear power plants the size of a truck , this is being built currently, i spoke with someone who worked there with the USACE i think its close to the coast or a shipyard it would be fascinating if you could find the equip/funding necessary for an assembly line for them. This is a real project currently being built it might be secret or classified but i dont think that someone would give out that info if it was as they were super paranoid . any way i dont have time to do the research and when pressed for info they clammed up.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Fascinating stuff here i would like to know if you can find info equipment and funding for a facility in VA that makes Mini nuclear power plants the size of a truck , this is being built currently, i spoke with someone who worked there with the USACE i think its close to the coast or a shipyard it would be fascinating if you could find the equip/funding necessary for an assembly line for them. This is a real project currently being built it might be secret or classified but i dont think that someone would give out that info if it was as they were super paranoid . any way i dont have time to do the research and when pressed for info they clammed up.

Cheers.

I don't know about that area but Lockheed Martin is building one... lockheed

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdSurly

Yeah, I saw that too, and the data-free conclusion I jumped to was that they weren't HVACing the hangar, but just the offices and tech area.

Who cares how uncomfortable the enlisted guys are, anyway?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yea, you guys are probably right. Lots of auto dealership service centers are going full A/C so my mind just assumed. Walked in our local Chevy dealerships service center last Aug, outside temp well over 100F and the shop was low 80's. Damn nice in there

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

With the exception of stealth aircraft, there's no need to have the entire hanger controlled. It wouldn't make sense to either, considering that the doors are going to be opened and closed to move the aircraft in and out.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Funny coincidence, Zap, my first station was 919th SOW at Duke... good bunch of guys I worked with there. Heard the base has changed drastically since 2006 though

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

With the exception of stealth aircraft, there's no need to have the entire hanger controlled.

True...but I'd expect they ARE stealthed, being UAVs. However, maybe they don't need a climate controlled area for that design.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

With the exception of stealth aircraft, there's no need to have the entire hanger controlled.

True...but I'd expect they ARE stealthed, being UAVs. However, maybe they don't need a climate controlled area for that design.

My recollection is there is gear on the F117 that needs air conditioning. That is to say, stealth technology doesn't require air conditioned hangars.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: Bedlam

My recollection is there is gear on the F117 that needs air conditioning. That is to say, stealth technology doesn't require air conditioned hangars.

The only thing i know of that needs climate controlled hangers are the B-2. During OIF, the F-117s were kept outside, albiet under shade, but outside. The F-35 fleet at Edwards is all outside under shades. So really i cant think of any other than the b-2

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join