It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs vs. Cats or Cats vs. Dogs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Dogs are happy just to be alive. "Look! It's today! I love today!!"

I've never heard their attitude expressed more accurately! LOL!

I had cats for years before my first dog. I didn't feel I was stable enough or my house could properly support a dog that needs room. After moving into a house on 5 acres, I decided it was finally time for a dog. Once I started getting dogs, I realized that cats had been my "stand ins" for dogs for years. I'm a dog person through and through, but cats filled the bill until the appropriate time. I love cats. We had Zoie for 20 years! But there's nothing like a dog for me...

Zoie:

This is Graycee. He was 17 when we lost him.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ew, dogs? If I wanted something needy & high maintenance in my life Id get a girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Eh, dogs are OK, but they are so needy.

I like my cats. They are content to just be. I don't feel like they need me or my approval just to get through their day. They are perfectly happy just to be in the same room lending their quiet presence. Sometimes coming over for a quick scratch or to poke around and see what I'm up to.

With most dogs I've known, they've got to be right there demanding my constant attention and approval. It grates.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
When I was young, I was all for the cats.
Now, I can't imagine life without a dog.

Who doesn't love an animal content with keeping your feet warm, without the urge to shred them to pieces if you move them?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And who wouldn't love a "welcoming committee" like this after a long motorcycle ride? Cats won't do this...

Photobucket Video:
s116.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Cat person myself.

Like Jack Dee said.

I was putting up some shelves being watched by my cat and dog...the dog sat there looking at me saying "I love you" panting happily and the cat looking once at the shelves and once at me told me "They arn't straight".

Got bit by a dog and frankly they smell.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Ew, dogs? If I wanted something needy & high maintenance in my life Id get a girlfriend.

So you're a single guy living with a cat?

Dude...I think you actually NEED a girlfriend.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And who wouldn't love a "welcoming committee" like this after a long motorcycle ride? Cats won't do this...

Photobucket Video:
s116.photobucket.com...

That's right. Dogs are the only creatures (humans included) who will always be happy to see you come home. For those who can't handle an emotional bond like that, there are cats.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Most cats will sit by a door staring at it when they know its about time for their owner to come home, & walk in circles around you meowing when you do. Most cats also have separation anxiety, they just dont exhibit it so pathetically as dogs do.

I don't think its about being able to handle an emotional bond like that, tang, it's a matter of not needing that kind of interdependency on anything.

It's not that I take pride in not needing it, I just find it excessively annoying when something else does, the neediness gives me anxiety.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I like the fact you don't own cats you co habit or if like me serve.
Dogs you own them.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My cat would sit and stare at the door when she wanted to go out.....

It's like she was saying: I am patient. I can wait until you open the door, but I refuse to beg. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

My cat would sit and stare at the door when she wanted to go out.....

It's like she was saying: I am patient. I can wait until you open the door, but I refuse to beg. lol

I used to keep a pair of shoes by the door so I could slip them on when I took my dogs out. One of my dogs came to me and indicated that he wanted to go out. I was busy doing something and said, "Just a minute". He asked again and I said,"Just a minute". He asked a third time and I said, "Just a minute". He walked over to the door and peed in my shoe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join