It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Chops Off Nose To Look Like The Skull From Captain America (Graphic Images)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My point exactly. In many industries someone with tattoos on their face would be automatically passed on. The thinking being that having your face tattoed does not exhibit good judgement. Couple that with a lot of companies are very concerned about their reputation and would not want facial art on anyone representing them in the public as, for example, a salesperson who calls on other businesses.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Cuervo

Ok...so you are saying that the individuals in the pictures on page one of this thread... those guys... have not limited their employment opportunities in the least?

Really?

Oh, their opportunities to work in certain positions are no doubt narrowed. I was only debating as to who is limiting it. If I were to wear a red shirt and applied for a job and got interviewed by somebody who feared the color red, is that me limiting my opportunity or the person interviewing me?

I have no pity for people that are bothered by the appearance of others. It's immature and only serves against their best interests. I will gladly hire one of those people if they had the qualifications I was looking for. Meanwhile, the business down the street can hire that GQ model with a GED.

Sorry, I guess I'm just running out of patience lately for that sort of mentality.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I totally understand...

On the other hand, what does it say about a person who would knowingly put themselves in that position by choosing to tattoo their face?

No point in talking about the pics on page one...that's just..bizarre lol

You also have to consider that 40-50 years ago the people with tattoos were either ex servicemen or criminal types. At least 90+ % of them could be accounted in such a way. The tattoos that servicemen wore would normally be covered by a long sleeve shirt, so no problem. That leaves just the unsavory element, for the most part, with exposed tattoos.

Now days, you see skin art all over. Some quite horrible, true, and some quite striking. The whole culture around tattoos has changed significantly as has the perception of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

On the other hand, what does it say about a person who would knowingly put themselves in that position by choosing to tattoo their face?

It says they don't want to be considered for any outdated companies or the Walmart types of jobs.

To me, it says they are willing to assert themselves however they please. It says they are willing to submit themselves to scrutiny in order to get the desired result. Combine that with a proper education or experience, and you have yourself a very potent ally under your payroll.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Has anyone wondered how often these procedures go wrong? And the discomfort levels must be through the roof. I have one or two small piercings and can hardly sleep at night! These guys must be on some serious pain killer meds. I believe its an addiction only problem is in 10 -20 years when you don't like it any more, how do you go back. You can't. So you just keep going forward and forward. I guess it really is a LIFETIME commitment and like marriage should not be entered into lightly. I feel sorry for the people who end up regretting the decision in 5 years and can't go back. Moods and feelings change but these alterations are perminent! I do thing impulsivly and end up regretting it! God help me to NOT get an addiction like this!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
I blame HAARP.

Good call. However I believe that it is a result of climate change and global warming. Or ISIS. Or maybe Obama. Yes that's it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

True enough.

Or they just don't care and are rationalizing. There are plenty of people that fit that description that do not have tattoos on their faces lol

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Yeah lol. They are medical procedures and are just as subject to the usual issues, if not moreso.

I can appreciate artistic body art, the good stuff. Unfortunately there are a lot of fails out there as well...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

It says they don't want to be considered for any outdated companies or the Walmart types of jobs.

To me, it says they are willing to assert themselves however they please. It says they are willing to submit themselves to scrutiny in order to get the desired result. Combine that with a proper education or experience, and you have yourself a very potent ally under your payroll.

I don't know of any modern companies who would hire a monster looking person over anyone else. Competition for jobs are fierce. To YOU it says the individual is willing to assert themselves. To someone else, it might say this individual is a rebel and will give them a hard time. To someone else, it might say this person has some issues.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I think it would go down the road of, this persons got issues, if am honest.
edit on 9-2-2015 by fenian8 because: to add a comma

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
The pic, from the article.

Other than sharing the images...I have little to say here. I won't pass judgement. I'll just let someone else say what I am thinking....

Funny, the more it progressed, the sadder he looked. In the final result picture he looks like, "Yeah, this wasn't worth it at all."

If only he actually ended up looking at least somewhat like what he was shooting for.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When he is older and wiser, I would think he would regret his choice big time. He has limited his job prospects and love life. I mean, who want to date him? LOL "Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet the man of my dreams."
Parents: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Hahahaha!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

++This is car 18 reporting a possible one zee bad over++

"Go ahead car 18,this is HQ over"

++we seem to have a citizen here without a nozz,and some kind of eye and skin condition HQ,
Sending image-can you advise,over?++

Blipblip....image recieved

"Car 18--Report?
Car 18?
Hello,this is HQ.
Car 18?"

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Hahahahaha! And to think, there are people who have even worse things done to their faces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join