It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vimanas Technology Various Stories & Information About Them

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
There is an interesting story of Shiva giving a vimana to Salva that could not be destroyed by Devas, Asuras, humans, Gandharvas, Uragas nor Rakshasas, the amazing craft could travel anywhere he wished to go, and that would terrify the Varishnis. On Shivas order, the Maya Danava, who conquers his enemies' cities, constructed a flying vehicle made of iron named Saubha, and was said to have presented it to Salva for the purposes of war.

What interests me about vimana stories is that they could be likened to modern aircraft for example a flying vehicle made of iron? Sounds alot like a plane or other such flying machine.

I've always found the topic fascinating and I agree that vimanas sound exactly like flying machines.

However some posts in this thread have suggested that the concept is false? That the ancient Indian texts don't contain detailed accounts of flying machines?

Can you guys explain that because I never thought the concept of vimanas was controversial? You guys are saying some one made up the idea just in modern times?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

I've always found the topic fascinating and I agree that vimanas sound exactly like flying machines.

However some posts in this thread have suggested that the concept is false? That the ancient Indian texts don't contain detailed accounts of flying machines?

Can you guys explain that because I never thought the concept of vimanas was controversial? You guys are saying some one made up the idea just in modern times?

It's undeniable that vimanas are mentioned in several ancient texts.
But, so are flying chariots, flying carpets and flying horses.

I think what's been stated in the thread about the modern era you mention is that the Vimanyka Shastra, the only source for any what you call "detailed accounts," was actually channeled by a guy in the 20th century.

The real Vimanyka Shastra, IIRC, is a legendary book, mentioned in ancient texts, but never found, if it ever actually existed at all.

Harte

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

I think what's been stated in the thread about the modern era you mention is that the Vimanyka Shastra, the only source for any what you call "detailed accounts," was actually channeled by a guy in the 20th century.

The real Vimanyka Shastra, IIRC, is a legendary book, mentioned in ancient texts, but never found, if it ever actually existed at all.

Harte

Wait so then how specific do the actual texts describe them? Does it say they're metal, or describe how they work?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Wait so then how specific do the actual texts describe them? Does it say they're metal, or describe how they work?

They usually describe them rather off-handedly, seems to me. Golden, flowery, etc.

You can read some of it here.

Scroll down. The site has the Mahabharata and the Ramayana, both in full and abridged. In the Ramayana, you can read about the Pushpaka Vimana.

Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join