It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vimanas Technology Various Stories & Information About Them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
So the topic of Vimanas is an interesting one to many.
Wether they were real or not isnt the focus of the thread but instead to share stories and information about them so we can learn more about them and perhaps what they could have been.

There are alot of stories out there from ancient books and even from dreams and meditations noted by various personalities.

What I would like to do is get as much information on vimanas as possible for people to discuss for the sake of entertainment and knowledge.

I would also ask people to share any ideas they think may be relavent to the conversation on vimanas and what thier use could have been for if they were real.

What are some of the stories known about vimanas wether deemed hoax or real.
What are some global myths that speak of flying chariots?
Are there accounts of flying machines in the bible?
Could ancient civilizations have built such flying machines as thier legends speak of?
Could Vimanas have been ancient star travelers or UFOs?
Could the legends of flying chariots have been refering to vimanas?
What is some of the channeled information gained through meditation on vimanas?

So in essence there is no wrong answer, think outside the box ATS and lets see what we can come up with on ancient vimanas and how they could have been used.

Of any topic, ancient mysteries have always held me the most, especially as a person that was an aspiring archaeologist/anthropologist in my youth.

India is one of the original centers of civilization. But beyond that, the stories about the ancient mystical yogis enthrall many people, and the stories of such things as vimanas. It's hard to know what to make of them..

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Always consider the source
en.wikipedia.org...

According to Josyer, he dictated the text to G. Venkatachala Sharma in the early 1900s (completing it in 1923).

Any reader by now would have concluded the obvious – that the planes described above are the best poor concoctions, rather than expressions of something real. None of the planes has properties or capabilities of being flown; the geometries are unimaginably horrendous from the point of view of flying; and the principles of propulsion make them resist rather than assist flying. The text and the drawings do not correlate with each other even thematically. The drawings definitely point to a knowledge of modern machinery. This can be explained on the basis of the fact that Shri Ellappa who made the drawings was in a local engineering college and was thus familiar with names and details of some machinery. Of course the text retains a structure in language and content from which its 'recent nature' cannot be asserted. We must hasten to point out that this does not imply an oriental nature of the text at all. All that may be said is that thematically the drawings ought to be ruled out of discussion. And the text, as it stands, is incomplete and ambiguous by itself and incorrect at many places.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

class 5 eh

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

So I think someone who does superhuman things may be something more than human or possibly even an alien, come down from some celestrial heaven to teach men how to be civilized.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So I think someone who does superhuman things may be something more than human or possibly even an alien, come down from some celestrial heaven to teach men how to be civilized.

so the Bible is therefore true because if so it proves Aliens
got it thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I found this to be very interesting from thousands of years ago in the Ramayana! Could they have flown around vimanas likened to the planes of today?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
At Rama`s behest, the magnificent chariot rose up to a mountain of cloud with a tremendous din. Another passage reads: Bhima flew with his Vimana on an enormous ray which was as brilliant as the sun and made a noise like the thunder of a storm.

In the ancient Vymanka-Shastra (science of aeronautics), there is a description of a Vimana: "An apparatus which can go by its own force, from one place to place or globe to globe".

Dr. Raghavan points out, "The text's revelations become even more astounding. Thirty-one parts-of which the machine consists-are described, including a photographing mirror underneath. The text also enumerates 16 kinds of metal that are needed to construct the flying vehicle: `Metals suitable, lighare 16 kinds`. But only three of them are known to us today. The rest remain untranslatable."

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
While the Ramayana does indeed talk about Vimanas, the "ancient Vymanika Shastra" mentioned in your quote was written sometime around 1940.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

If you read the Ramayana, the vimanas are temple roofs.

Not space ships.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Not space ships.

Do you actually read the Ramamyana?
edit on 3-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interesting vimana story here!

US studying Ramayan's VIMANA found in Afghanistan and we are sleeping

Stealth Vimanas used in Ramayan

edit on 3-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Not space ships.

Do you actually read the Ramamyana?

This one? Yes. However, I haven't read all the variants listed in Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting story about a city sized vimana found on the dark side of moon said to be over a million years old! Lots more information on this one, its very interesting!

ALIEN MONA LISA LIVES AGAIN

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think this video is better with more information

There's even a supporting Wikipedia page
en.wikipedia.org...

WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE A GULLIBLE SHEEP
edit on 9-11-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not space ships.

So, according to some of the text taken from the Mahabharatra i have read over the years, one required a special diet, special clothing and special training to what...climb on the roof?

Why does a roof require 16 different types of metal in its construction?

Can a roof fire air to air missiles and cloak itself, as in 'stealth' technology?

Weapons that can only be likened to hydrogen bombs are spoken of, being fired by these 'roofs'.

These are all mentioned and usually explained away as fiction / fantasy in the minds of the original writers, who wrote 1000's of years before the concept of Human flight had existed.

I seriously don't think they were describing roofing construction and materials Byrd, but that's me.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

None of those things exist in the original text.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

So, according to some of the text taken from the Mahabharatra i have read over the years, one required a special diet, special clothing and special training to what...climb on the roof?

Why does a roof require 16 different types of metal in its construction?

Can a roof fire air to air missiles and cloak itself, as in 'stealth' technology?

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ THIS
www.jasoncolavito.com...
Your knowledge seems to have been infected by a bad source

This is the other "ancient" Indian text most often quoted as a source
en.wikipedia.org...
its provenance is laughable as well

edit on 9-11-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here is some more interesting video that has been around for some time. There was a video of the guys looking around the ship but I cant seem to find it. . . . If anyone has that video could you post it please?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Here is some more interesting video that has been around for some time. There was a video of the guys looking around the ship but I cant seem to find it. . . . If anyone has that video could you post it please?

Apparently you missed my earlier post

The Apollo 20 Mission is a well known hoax
You are posting a hoax.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
Apparently you missed my earlier post

The Apollo 20 Mission is a well known hoax
You are posting a hoax.

And this surprises you?

Harte

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:15 PM