It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vimanas Technology Various Stories & Information About Them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
It would not surprise me, if a genius from our recent past was able to build flying contraptions that have been lost in history. Nor surprise if the earth has harboured many advanced races that may have been wiped out by near extinction events (Toba catastrophe theory etc). Perhaps one day, someone will stumble on a find that will re-write all our history books,

Amazingly, all of your ideas have no supporting evidence

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

The men that built our flying machines were no-where as intelligent as say Leonardo Da Vinci (some estimate his IQ near 220) but they were able to achieve flight from sharing information within our civilization. Such a civilization may have existed in the distant past but their achievements may not have been as long lasting as the pyramids so have been lost in time.

So lack of physical evidence doesn't discount the possibility that the written account isn't true. The door should always remains ajar, not closed, from lack of evidence. Conjecture is healthy.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Marduk

So lack of physical evidence doesn't discount the possibility that the written account isn't true. The door should always remains ajar, not closed, from lack of evidence. Conjecture is healthy.

Uhuh, keep waiting then, perhaps at some point you might consider that written evidence is evidence of writing, not existence, otherwise the fi in sci fi wouldn't make sense. The written sources in old Indian texts discuss the chariots of Gods, the same concept exists in most ancient cultures. Normally, the chariots are pulled by an animal, as are the vimanas, sometimes they are pulled by swans, which is hardly credible. The only existing texts that discuss mercury power sources and the like are all from a well known modern text,
en.wikipedia.org...
which has been determined to have no practical value by the Indian Institute of Science

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Just bear in mind there are many people on this board who enjoy thinking of such possibilities as ancient societies who somehow, at some point possessed advanced technologies, not too dissimilar to our own technologies of today...then of course there are others who like nothing more than to get their jollies by taking the piss out of the former.

They want to call you ignorant? BE ignorant...don't waste your time entertaining their blatant bigotry and focus your energies on those who actually have something constructive to add regarding your interests. Not everything in this world is black and white, in fact, rarely is it so, except perhaps for actual black and white.

I love thinking about these things in your thread, please don't be discouraged.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

They want to call you ignorant? BE ignorant...

Great advice there for the forum members who didn't have the time to study ancient cultures properly

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

They want to call you ignorant?

Yes, because it is ignorant. Technology anywhere near the level we have today (or even 1,000 years ago) doesn't just appear one day. There is a long history of development leading up to it, and massive infrastructure that has to be in place to realize it. If there were any evidence of such, we would have found it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Just bear in mind there are many people on this board who enjoy thinking of such possibilities as ancient societies who somehow, at some point possessed advanced technologies, not too dissimilar to our own technologies of today...then of course there are others who like nothing more than to get their jollies by taking the piss out of the former.

They want to call you ignorant? BE ignorant...don't waste your time entertaining their blatant bigotry and focus your energies on those who actually have something constructive to add regarding your interests. Not everything in this world is black and white, in fact, rarely is it so, except perhaps for actual black and white.

I love thinking about these things in your thread, please don't be discouraged.

Yeah some people go figure, its like some folks have a negative agenda when it comes to such topics.

I wonder if some people are not interested in a thread or adding constructive comments which are on topic then why do they post? There are plenty of other topics they have interest in to post on.

So in the Bible there are various accounts of vimana type crafts, and the accounts of them and the technology used by the angels of the bible is pretty interesting too.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I wonder if some people are not interested in a thread or adding constructive comments which are on topic then why do they post?

There can be no more constructive comment than the comment that points out the lies, deceptions and (usually) purposeful "misunderstandings" in another post.

How "constructive" is it to live in a dream world?

Harte

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So in the Bible there are various accounts of vimana type crafts, and the accounts of them and the technology used by the angels of the bible is pretty interesting too.

No there aren't, No it isn't
Are we going to have to put up with "Da Bible is true dudebro" now

edit on 8-7-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The bible could be an ancient account of a vimana and thier pilots, its a story, maybe true maybe not. This thread is for sharing stories not proving them to be real.

"And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst therof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
(verse 5) Also out of the midst therof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

(verse 6) And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

(verse 7) And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf s foot and they sparkled like the colour of burュnished brass.

(verse 8) And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

(verse 9) Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

(verse 10) As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

(verse 11) Thus were their faces: and their wings� were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

(verse 12) And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went

(verse 13) As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

(verse 14) And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

(verse 15) Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

(verse 16) The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a middle of a wheel.

(verse 17) When they went they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went

(verse 18) As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

(verse 19) And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

(verse 20) Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 21) When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 22) And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

(verse 23) And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side their bodies.

(verse 24) And when they went I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters; as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host when the: stood they let down their wings."

edit on 8-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This thread is for sharing stories not proving them to be real.

There is a short story forum on ATS.

Your thread and what you want , no questions against the stories you want discussed would have been much better placed in the Skunkworks forum,

Posting threads in other forums such as here, where you have posted will and should have opposing views to keep the thread interesting.

It bugs me enough when I see 'what if' threads posted in the UFO forum or the religious forums when they don't really have a place there, if you want your thread to be a 'what if' thread, post it in the skunkworks forum, its so simple yet so many don't and get upset when opposing views enter their threads which are posted in forums where debate or conflicting conversations are actually encouraged if it is truth that is being searched for.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

...And which part of that description refers to the elephants the Vimanas were led by?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

...And which part of that description refers to the elephants the Vimanas were led by?

I suggest looking in a bible for the answers you seek, perhaps you may find an answer. A little faith in god/Jesus may go a long way.

Here is some cool Jesus vimana art, vimanas in the bible could be what the bible was all about, certainly is interesting to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The bible could be an ancient account of a vimana and thier pilots, its a story, maybe true maybe not. This thread is for sharing stories not proving them to be real.

"And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst therof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
(verse 5) Also out of the midst therof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

(verse 7) And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf s foot and they sparkled like the colour of burュnished brass.

(verse 8) And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

(verse 9) Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

(verse 10) As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

(verse 11) Thus were their faces: and their wings� were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

(verse 12) And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went

(verse 13) As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

(verse 14) And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

(verse 15) Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

(verse 16) The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a middle of a wheel.

(verse 17) When they went they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went

(verse 18) As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

(verse 19) And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

(verse 20) Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 21) When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 22) And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

(verse 23) And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side their bodies.

(verse 24) And when they went I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters; as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host when the: stood they let down their wings."

Err, well no, that is a pretty clear description of the Chaldean Zodiac, The clue would be the start
"1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God."
The Kebar River is in Chaldea...
en.wikipedia.org...
The Chaldeans invented the Zodiac.
Here it is from the ceiling at Denderah
www.richardfidler.com...
You can find every detail from Ezekials mouth on it
SNIP

So I'm going to ask you again, for anything in the bible like a Vimana.
Renaissance pictures don't count as Vimanas, ask an art expert
sprezzatura.it...
Or isn't someone who's actually trained in the pictures youre displaying relevant ?
lmfao

edit on 7/8/2015 by Blaine91555 because: rude remark removed

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Err, well no, that is a pretty clear description of the Chaldean Zodiac, The clue would be the start
"1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God."
en.wikipedia.org...
www.richardfidler.com...
But I wouldn't expect you to know that, after all, you don't know much

sprezzatura.it...
Or isn't someone who's actually trained in the pictures youre displaying relevant ?
lmfao

I say potato you say pootaatoo dont matter, look in the bible, look at art think of vimanas could they be in the bible?

Bible has information in it up to us how we look at that information.

They could just be depictions of vimanas. . . . . . . .

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
www.richardfidler.com...
But I wouldn't expect you to know that, after all, you don't know much

sprezzatura.it...
lmfao

I say potato you say pootaatoo dont matter, look in the bible, look at art think of vimanas could they be in the bible?

Bible has information in it up to us how we look at that information.

They could just be depictions of vimanas. . . . . . . .

None of the pictures you've posted are in the bible.
Have you even read it ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This coul be an ancient depiction of a Summerian vimana cool huh!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Its Assyrian
And its the winged Sun disc
And Sumerian isn't spelled like that

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Its Assyrian

But it could very well be an ancient depiction of a vimana!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Its Assyrian

But it could very well be an ancient depiction of a vimana!

Only if you are ignorant of the facts
en.wikipedia.org...
The guy depicted is holding a bow, so you are saying that he had an alien spaceship and used it with his bow and arrows, what's next, a tank with a mace ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join