It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vimanas Technology Various Stories & Information About Them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So the topic of Vimanas is an interesting one to many.
Wether they were real or not isnt the focus of the thread but instead to share stories and information about them so we can learn more about them and perhaps what they could have been.

There are alot of stories out there from ancient books and even from dreams and meditations noted by various personalities.

What I would like to do is get as much information on vimanas as possible for people to discuss for the sake of entertainment and knowledge.

I would also ask people to share any ideas they think may be relavent to the conversation on vimanas and what thier use could have been for if they were real.

What are some of the stories known about vimanas wether deemed hoax or real.
What are some global myths that speak of flying chariots?
Are there accounts of flying machines in the bible?
Could ancient civilizations have built such flying machines as thier legends speak of?
Could Vimanas have been ancient star travelers or UFOs?
Could the legends of flying chariots have been refering to vimanas?
What is some of the channeled information gained through meditation on vimanas?

So in essence there is no wrong answer, think outside the box ATS and lets see what we can come up with on ancient vimanas and how they could have been used.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ever watch the disney movie Atlantis? (the first one)
Its a really good animated film, also i think that story seems like it would be the closest idea to some form of higher ancient civilization. Tribal by nature but with advanced tech.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've spent too much time researching the whole alien thing and its countless detours. I found this vid a while back. It's actually pretty interesting. The nazis sure thought the Vimanas tech was real.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I've spent too much time researching the whole alien thing and its countless detours. I found this vid a while back. It's actually pretty interesting. The nazis sure thought the Vimanas tech was real.

Thanks for sharing, I will have to watch this video the nazis were definatly on to some exotic technology, lets not forget they helped our technology out quite a bit after we formed the CIA. Also there are stories of the Nazi Bell like Vimana craft capable of time travel. They were on a quest for technology all over the world, which I assume they were able to reverse engineer.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Wether they were real or not isnt the focus of the thread but instead to share stories and information about them so we can learn more about them and perhaps what they could have been.

There are alot of stories out there from ancient books and even from dreams and meditations noted by various personalities.

What I would like to do is get as much information on vimanas as possible for people to discuss for the sake of entertainment and knowledge.

I would also ask people to share any ideas they think may be relavent to the conversation on vimanas and what thier use could have been for if they were real.

Well, the earliest Vimana descriptions have them being towed by flying elephants.

Probably had to drop that - violated Disney's copyright or something, no doubt.

Harte

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Here is an interesting story about ETs and vimanas. . .

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You detector is on the fritz again.

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

PLease look over the OP again this threa is about the discussion of vaarious stories wether myth, legend, anything is fine, even by meditation. So please try to post on topic if your going to join the discussion.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Here is an awesome story about Ravanas Vimana, very interesting and a good listen.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Harte

PLease look over the OP again this threa is about the discussion of vaarious stories wether myth, legend, anything is fine, even by meditation. So please try to post on topic if your going to join the discussion.

You post a vid that exclaims they're not mythical. If I respond, I'm "off topic," eh?

Probably the best argument I've seen you make, and even so - it's invalid.

Harte

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Harte

You post a vid that exclaims they're not mythical. If I respond, I'm "off topic," eh?

Probably the best argument I've seen you make, and even so - it's invalid.

Harte

Come on, man, get with the program! Any posts not asserting your unwavering belief in woo-woo stories like this are off-topic. You've been here long enough that you oughta know that. Now quit derailing this excellent, historically accurate discussion, and repeat after me: "Aliens did it"...." Aliens did it"....

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What are some global myths that speak of flying chariots?
Are there accounts of flying machines in the bible?
Could ancient civilizations have built such flying machines as thier legends speak of?
Could Vimanas have been ancient star travelers or UFOs?
Could the legends of flying chariots have been refering to vimanas?
What is some of the channeled information gained through meditation on vimanas?

So in essence there is no wrong answer, think outside the box ATS and lets see what we can come up with on ancient vimanas and how they could have been used.

OK this is the OP again I think it may be good to read through it again, this isnt about facts or testable evidence, its about stories rumors, dreams, meditations, and information that may be out there for people to discuss and talk about wether deemed by some hoax or real by others doesnt really matter the point of this thread is the sharing of inforamtion.

So if your making fun of someone who has posted a video not only is it rude and against T&C of ATS but its also off topic, because this thread is about sharing all information.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is an interesting vimana story, think it was deemed a hoax, but its still an interesting story. A group of soldiers are said have found a vimana in a cave left there for 5000 years. There is also some kind of time well they are saying soldiers got caught in.

Secret 5000 Year Old Vimana Found.

edit on 10-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Here is an interesting story about the ancients and thier use of vimanas, its pretty entertaining and if true may mean alot for our civilization today.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Unlike modern treatises on aeronautics that begin by discussing the general principles of flight before detailing concepts of aircraft design, the Vaimānika Śāstra straightaway gets into quantitative description, as though a particular aircraft is being described. The topics covered include, "definition of an airplane, a pilot, aerial routes, food, clothing, metals, metal production, mirrors and their uses in wars, varieties of machinery and yantras, planes like ‘mantrik’, ‘tantrik’, and ‘kritak’" and four planes called Shakuna, Sundara, Rukma, and Tripura are described in greater detail. The extant text is claimed to be only a small (one-fortieth) part of a larger work Yantra Sarvaswa ("All about machines") composed by Maharishi Bharadwaj and other sages for the "benefit of all mankind".

In 1991, the English portion and the illustrations from the Josyer book were reprinted by David Hatcher Childress in Vimana Aircraft of Ancient India & Atlantis as part of the Lost Science Series. According to Childress, the 8 chapters treat the following:
1.The secrets of constructing aeroplanes, which will not break, which cannot be cut, will not catch fire, and cannot be destroyed.
2.The secret of making planes motionless.
3.The secret of making planes invisible.
4.The secret of hearing conversations and other sounds in enemy places.
5.The secret of retrieving photographs of the interior of enemy planes
6.The secret of ascertaining the direction of enemy planes approach.
7.The secret of making persons in enemy planes lose consciousness.
8.The secret of destroying enemy planes.

This is interesting from the vimana shastra info on wikipedia, I think its comparable to modern ufo reports.
edit on 16-3-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Mar 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
How come you only ever seem to post cherry-picked bits of sources that, when taken out of context, seem to support your ignorant misconceptions, and ignore everything else? How about you present some facts, rather than a tiny piece quoting that idiot Childress. From the same page you copied the above text from:

The existence of the text was revealed in 1952 by G. R. Josyer who asserted that it was written by Pandit Subbaraya Shastry (1866–1940), who dictated it during the years 1918–1923.

A study by aeronautical and mechanical engineering at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1974 concluded that the aircraft described in the text were "poor concoctions" and that the author showed a complete lack of understanding of aeronautics.

He was unsure of the practicality of the ideas and when Dr. Talpade of Bombay tried to make models under his guidance, none of them was able to fly.

A critical review pronounced Josyer's introduction to be "least scholarly by any standards." and said that "the people connected with publication – directly or indirectly – are solely to blame either for distorting or hiding the history of the manuscripts." perhaps in an attempt to "eulogise and glorify whatever they can find about our past, even without valid evidence".

Funny, that last bit sounds an awful lot like someone in this very thread...

You just have to buy into the assumption that 'channeling' works. ... there is no exposition of the theory of aviation (let alone antigravity). In plain terms, the VS never directly explains how Vimanas get up in the air.

There is nothing here which Jules Verne couldn't have dreamed up, no mention of exotic elements or advanced construction techniques. The 1923 technical illustration based on the text ... are absurdly un-aerodynamic. They look like brutalist wedding cakes, with minarets, huge ornithopter wings and dinky propellers. In other words, they look like typical early 20th century fantasy flying machines with an Indian twist.

A 1974 study by researchers at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore found that the heavier-than-air aircraft that the Vaimānika Śāstra described were aeronautically unfeasible. The authors remarked that the discussion of the principles of flight in the text were largely perfunctory and incorrect, in some cases violating Newton's laws of motion. The study concluded:[8]

Any reader by now would have concluded the obvious – that the planes described above are the best poor concoctions, rather than expressions of something real. None of the planes has properties or capabilities of being flown; the geometries are unimaginably horrendous from the point of view of flying; and the principles of propulsion make them resist rather than assist flying.

I could go on, but I'm not going to quote the entire page. Apparently you missed all that while skimming through to find the nonsense spouted by Childress....Maybe you ought to read it.
edit on 3/17/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Mar 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
How come you only ever seem to post cherry-picked bits of sources that, when taken out of context, seem to support your ignorant misconceptions, and ignore everything else? How about you present some facts, rather than a tiny piece quoting that idiot Childress. From the same page you copied the above text from:

The existence of the text was revealed in 1952 by G. R. Josyer who asserted that it was written by Pandit Subbaraya Shastry (1866–1940), who dictated it during the years 1918–1923.

A study by aeronautical and mechanical engineering at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1974 concluded that the aircraft described in the text were "poor concoctions" and that the author showed a complete lack of understanding of aeronautics.

He was unsure of the practicality of the ideas and when Dr. Talpade of Bombay tried to make models under his guidance, none of them was able to fly.

A critical review pronounced Josyer's introduction to be "least scholarly by any standards." and said that "the people connected with publication – directly or indirectly – are solely to blame either for distorting or hiding the history of the manuscripts." perhaps in an attempt to "eulogise and glorify whatever they can find about our past, even without valid evidence".

Funny, that last bit sounds an awful lot like someone in this very thread...

You just have to buy into the assumption that 'channeling' works. ... there is no exposition of the theory of aviation (let alone antigravity). In plain terms, the VS never directly explains how Vimanas get up in the air.

There is nothing here which Jules Verne couldn't have dreamed up, no mention of exotic elements or advanced construction techniques. The 1923 technical illustration based on the text ... are absurdly un-aerodynamic. They look like brutalist wedding cakes, with minarets, huge ornithopter wings and dinky propellers. In other words, they look like typical early 20th century fantasy flying machines with an Indian twist.

A 1974 study by researchers at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore found that the heavier-than-air aircraft that the Vaimānika Śāstra described were aeronautically unfeasible. The authors remarked that the discussion of the principles of flight in the text were largely perfunctory and incorrect, in some cases violating Newton's laws of motion. The study concluded:[8]

Any reader by now would have concluded the obvious – that the planes described above are the best poor concoctions, rather than expressions of something real. None of the planes has properties or capabilities of being flown; the geometries are unimaginably horrendous from the point of view of flying; and the principles of propulsion make them resist rather than assist flying.

I could go on, but I'm not going to quote the entire page. Apparently you missed all that while skimming through to find the nonsense spouted by Childress....Maybe you ought to read it.

Who you calling ignorant? Keep your petty insults to yourself, if you cant post without insulting someone dont post anything, be respectful and not insulting and petty.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Who you calling ignorant? Keep your petty insults to yourself, if you cant post without insulting someone dont post anything, be respectful and not insulting and petty.

I was calling you ignorant, and even though you seem to have taken it as such, it was not meant to be insulting. If I wanted to insult you, I would call you stupid, or an idiot, or, more likely, some things that the TCs prohibit me from saying, but first I would have to have a desire to personally insult you, which I don't, nor do I mean you any disrespect.

Ignorant simply means that you're uneducated in a certain area. I'll be the first to admit that there are many subjects in and of which I am totally ignorant. When it comes to archaeology, history, and the fraudulent claims put forth by David Childress and those of his ilk, though, I am far better educated than most.

So, if I hurt your feelings, I apologize, but nothing I stated was meant as a personal attack or insult against you. Do what I do: when someone says you're ignorant, take it not as an insult, but as an opportunity to learn something new and further your education. Never stop learning.

edit on 3/17/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I was calling you ignorant, and even though you seem to have taken it as such, it was not meant to be insulting. If I wanted to insult you, I would call you stupid, or an idiot, or, more likely, some things that the TCs prohibit me from saying, but first I would have to have a desire to personally insult you, which I don't, nor do I mean you any disrespect.

Ignorant simply means that you're uneducated in a certain area. I'll be the first to admit that there are many subjects in and of which I am totally ignorant. When it comes to archaeology, history, and the fraudulent claims put forth by David Childress and those of his ilk, though, I am far better educated than most.

So, if I hurt your feelings, I apologize, but nothing I stated was meant as a personal attack or insult against you. Do what I do: when someone says you're ignorant, take it not as an insult, but as an opportunity to learn something new and further your education. Never stop learning.

FormoftheLord is not ignorant. FormoftheLord merely enjoys purposefully posting utter nonsense as if it were factual.

This sort of behavior is more delusional than ignorant, as is the total avoidance of anything that could contradict the disinfo gleefully posted - even when said contradictions are in the very source one quotes and links.

It's all about wanting to feel special, and the driving need for a world that is more sparkly than the reality.

Harte
edit on 3/17/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Please read the OP before you start calling people ignorant or someone who purposefully is posting utter nonsense. If you have nothing to add to the OP why are you going on about me its pretty rude, i have flagged off topic posts to mods hope they sort them out.

I may think various rude and negative things about posters but I dont post them because they have no place on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join