It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Apple CEO who fired Steve Jobs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
from CNN MONEY
I know we all do things in life that in retrospect make us cringe. WELL this man has one up on us!
Meet John Sculley

After an epic power struggle, former Apple CEO John Sculley pushed Steve Jobs out of the company he founded. Sculley wishes now he would have hired him back.
"I wish in hindsight I had reached back to Steve and told him, 'I want to help you come back to Apple,'" Sculley told CNNMoney. "I wish Apple had hired him back sooner rather than later."

"I wish in hindsight I had reached back to Steve and told him, 'I want to help you come back to Apple,'" Sculley told CNNMoney. "I wish Apple had hired him back sooner rather than later."
Sculley himself was forced out of Apple (AAPL, Tech30) in 1993 over a dispute about licensing Macintosh's software to other PC makers. The board was in favor of letting other computer makers use Apple's software, but Sculley was opposed.
After Sculley's ouster, Apple did end up licensing its software, which turned out to be a major mistake. By the time Apple hired Steve Jobs back in 1997, the company was posting giant losses.
Had Sculley mended his differences with Jobs sooner and brought him back to Apple during his tenure, he says the company wouldn't have been in such dire straits in the late 1990's.
"When Steve came back, the first thing he did was to cancel the licensing," Sculley said. "At that point, only Steve Jobs could have revived the business. There's no way I could have ever done the things Steve Jobs did."

Here is a vintage clip from 1984 with Steve introducing the Macintosh Personal Computer!

So in hindsight never get too down on yourselves. If John can move on so can we!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Let him reap what he sowed. And continue getting in bed with the likes of IBM and the other companies who abandoned the country and the people that made them great. I wish them all the worst.

new topics

join