It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO shaped object dug up in Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Google "clay concretion".

qrius.si.edu...
Shouldn't they be called "fossilized flying saucers" instead of "clay concretions"?

originally posted by: gortex

I've never seen anything like this object, which is obviously man-made,

If you'd never seen an antikythera mechanism and you thought it was probably manmade, then it might be possible to conclude something you'd never seen before was man-made.

But a round rock? No, I don't think it has to be man-made. Nature can make round shapes, in fact it's quite common.

edit on 9-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Meet the miner Arthur Presnyakov who discovered the buried saucer shaped atifact.
In this interview by Channel 1 Russia he explains how he found the unique piece.

The artufact weighs 90 Kilos not 200 as someone said.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

The disc is perfectly round and is roughly 1.2m wide, it weighs approximately 200 kilos.

Fred Flintstone's Hub cap. ?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The aliens must have been extra tiny to fit.

//haha

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
Excavators in Russia have dug up a bizarre object that strongly resembles a UFO.

The object was discovered by a coal mining company in Siberia's Kuznetsk Basin, during excavation work, reports Mirror. Adding to the mystery of how an object like that was found buried 40 metres under the ground, archaeologists called in to examine it, believe it's a man-made object.

Excavator Boris Glazkov, 40, who found the object, said: "I have to say it wasn't hard to see as it was really distinctive and large. I've never seen anything like this object, which is obviously man-made, here in the middle of nowhere before. It is a real mystery."

His colleague, Arthur Presnyakov, 38, said: "There were actually two similar objects, but the first one broke as it was being pulled out of the ground by the excavator bucket. We thought we saw something sure, because it broke into pieces, but then when the second one appeared we stopped work and carefully removed it from the bucket."

However, as per the Mirror report, UFO enthusiasts and sky watchers are convinced it fell from space.

"Given that it was embedded so deep underground, it could be older than mammoth bones, which have been discovered in the area at a depth of 25 metres," state the website.

The unusual object is almost perfectly circular, with a diameter of around 1.2 metres and weighs roughly 440lbs.

What do people think? Report is from Yahoo news...

Mirror source
IBT link
or a wheel....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Your thread title is wrong. It's not a UFO shaped object!!

We don't know what a UFO looks like for sure.

As to what it is exactly.... well, who knows but I reckon it is man-made as it looks too small to have come from some ship flying by and it's 'stone'.

Kind of looks like a shield don't it?
Maybe it was part of a statue?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: richie1979
[....]
or a wheel....

It isn't suitable as a wheel, it would wobble a lot.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
It looks like a giant concrete nipple to me.

Yeh I know, I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Its clearly a UFO in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Its clearly a UFO in my opinion.

How do you figure? It doesn't appear to be airborne...

Seriously, if someone sold me a straw hat that looked like that I'd make them take it back and give me a better one... one not made out of stone.
edit on 12-2-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

this will make a fine addition to my collection of ufo art

edit on 12-2-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It just looks like a concretion of some sort to me. I find them all the time out here in the desert, in varying sizes.

I don't believe for a second, though, that it's anywhere near 440 lbs. I'd give it about 140, tops; likely less than 100. It's clearly not "almost perfectly circular" either.

Verdict: It's a rock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join