It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Secret Stash of Moon Artifacts Found Hidden in Neil Armstrong's Closet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:40 PM

originally posted by: kix

That those artifacts are useless and have a value of ZERO because according to ATS lore they never went to the moon. so basically he put studio props in his closet for 45 years !!! LOL

Now back on topic, it would be great to see those items on display.

Two of the items from the bag (the data camera and waist tether) are currently on display at the Smithsonian in the exhibit, "Outside the Spacecraft: 50 Years of Extra-Vehicular Activity" now until June.

"[Neil] Armstrong's headset, the lunar module film camera that recorded the first landing, and a waist tether used in the LM as well — the last two of which are on loan to us, and are promised donations, from the Armstrong family."

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 12:23 AM
That is very cool. These things were actually part of the moon mission right? These things were THERE on the MOON, right? And he kept these trinkets in a sack in his closet all the way till his death?! That is so cool. I can just visualize him on his lunar mission grabbing whatever random trinkets and seemingly worthless crap that he could sneak away with to keep as mementos.

The only stupid part of the story is that his wife never knew about it. Give me a break! She definitely knew.

edit on 11-2-2015 by Sweepsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:14 AM
The full story and analysis at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal:

The Apollo 11 purse and its contents are now on loan at the National Air and Space Museum for preservation, research and eventual public display.

It's not clear whether the gathering of those bits and bobs by Neil was planned, or was totally his initiative. I'm gonna ask Eric Jones, who runs the ALSJ.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:49 AM

originally posted by: Sweepsalot
The only stupid part of the story is that his wife never knew about it. Give me a break! She definitely knew.

Well, keep in mind that this was a different wife from when he went to the Moon. He upgraded to Wife 2.0 in 1994.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:29 AM
Neil you been naughty.

Brad Meltzer is pissed.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
I guess it depends on your choice of verbs.
One might say hide and another will say stored. If it was salvage as pointed out then he stored it in a closet he didn't hide it in a closet.

reply to: Denoli

edit on 2112015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM

originally posted by: Aleister
Neil Armstrong's tidbits and whatnots from his unique adventure would have, as a poster stated, crashed into the moon if he didn't take them. I'm glad he thought to do this, and saved these pieces of now historic glueons and whatcyamacallits for generations of non-moon walking world citizens to see, point at, and maybe touch ("Dad, I can't believe I'm actually holding Apollo 11's Right-Angle Bracket Adapter for DAC!"). Now I know what I want for Christmas.

If you go to the Smithsonian you can touch an actual piece of the moon. They have a moon rock on display that anyone can touch. I did !

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
Well Well...

Im Not what so Ever Surprised !

Seeing Gus Grissom did the Same thing in Reverse !

Gus Smuggled in some Trinkets ( Souvenirs for Friends Family ) in his Capsule ! To Say these were in Space with Me !
6 Strange Things Launched Into Space
Posted on February 25, 2012

Neil Armstrong just DID it Coming back Stuff that was Suppose to be left in the LM ...

Who knows what the other Astronauts in the Gemini Mercury and Apollo missions Alive today have hiding Away !

I Doubt that Neil is the ONLY One... I guess it Ok to Take Federal property that Would of been Destroyed or Abandon Anyhow Right? Hell what about the Old Space Stuff ( Used Equipment Parts from the Actual Missions or Mockup Parts or Extras ) that was suppose to be Scrapped or sold to Junk Scrap Yards that the owner is Recently been Selling BACK to NASA for Ridiculous amount of Money !!! because NASA is trying to Back Engineer their Own #!!! as they or the Contractor's or Sub Contractor's that had the Schematics and Blueprints and other paper Work went fricken Missing ! or they The Company's No Longer Exist!!

Meanwhile ......5 years Ago....

A Custom Form that went Missing then All # Hits The FAN!! and 2 Guys got into Hot Water!!

Neil Armstrong's declaration form allegedly stolen by customs worker and friend

July 21, 2010 — A customs declaration form filled out by astronaut Neil Armstrong was allegedly stolen by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection worker and his friend, who together attempted to sell it at auction, announced federal prosecutors Tuesday on the 41st anniversary of the first moonwalker's historic "small step." If found guilty of stealing and conveying an official record of the United States, the two men could each face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, according to the United States Attorney's Office.

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago241 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago242 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
^ ^ I couldn't really understand what the person above me says; looks like a long and complicated rant about soething...

Here's what Eric Jones posted after my question about whether it was planned or was Neil's initiative:

it was Neil's initiative. However, astronauts who flew earlier in Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo also kept souvenirs of this type, namely things that were no longer needed and, nominally, would have been in the LM when it was jettisoned. Deke had laid down ground rules, presumably with permission from higher ups.

Another person replied:

The rules did get tighter after Apollo15.

All this does beg the question of what Neil had in mind bringing this stuff back. Did he periodically pull the bag out of the closet and reminisce wistfully as he picked up each item? He apparently never made any moves to sell anything and his family is classy enough not to do so. So why did he bring it back?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>