It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Stash of Moon Artifacts Found Hidden in Neil Armstrong's Closet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sounds like a work bag and he brought it home like many people do and tossed it in the closet...now if there had been moon rocks in it I would be suspicious.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This realyy, really bother some here?
He took 'souvenirs', so be it. Mission Control knew about it and the weight.
The other two prolly had some 'souvenirs' also..

Big deal, they should have given them anything they wanted for what they did and risked.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
yeah there are some people who find fault with anything. hipsters. anyway i would not have blamed him if he tied a rope to the LEM and tried to tow it home as a momento. it's stuff that was going to be left behind and abandoned anyway.

if i recall correctly there actually is one of those things in orbit sunward from an accident or something. it would be neat if one day space travel was so mundane some one could consider retrieving that one for a museum.
edit on 8-2-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
This realyy, really bother some here?
He took 'souvenirs', so be it. Mission Control knew about it and the weight.
The other two prolly had some 'souvenirs' also..

Big deal, they should have given them anything they wanted for what they did and risked.

Yes but what about contamination !
They could of brought anything back from the Nevada desert or wherever they faked it !
Only kiddin

They are legends !

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a 16MM movie camera, I wonder if he has any movies stashed away showing moon bases or aliens?
probably not, NASA probably knew exactly how many rolls of film were taken to the moon and how many were brought back.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a 16MM movie camera, I wonder if he has any movies stashed away showing moon bases or aliens?
probably not, NASA probably knew exactly how many rolls of film were taken to the moon and how many were brought back.

Nasa lost the Apollo films. Maybe they are in his garage

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So why is it being made out that he was a thief just because he had some cool #e in his closet? I have an Orion telescope sitting in there, but I'm pretty sure that I did not steal it. Maybe to him it was just a box of equipment from the best time of his life. It's not like he heisted that stuff...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: Saint Exupery
I'd call it salvage, rather than theft. If he hadn't taken them, they would have been left in the LM when it was abandoned in orbit (it is believed to have crashed into the Moon after its orbit decayed, but no one knows where or when).

Ooh so when you salvage you hide it in your closet ?
Strange way IMHO

Did he "hide" these in the closet, or just store them there.

I have things put away in bags and boxes in my closet, but it's nothing that I'm "hiding".

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012what a stupid thing to say

edit on 8-2-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeytonSeabolt
So why is it being made out that he was a thief just because he had some cool #e in his closet? I have an Orion telescope sitting in there, but I'm pretty sure that I did not steal it. Maybe to him it was just a box of equipment from the best time of his life. It's not like he heisted that stuff...
because people are idiots

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Your thread title is all wrong too.

These items aren't from the moon or discovered there, they were bits and pieces within the Shuttle!!

Stop with the over exagerated titles!

Hi, That's the exact title as the source article, and it is accurate.

Please forward all complaints to Jesus Diaz of sploid.gizmodo.com.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

If I went to the moon no way I don't take a couple rocks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
He took items that did not belong to him and hid them. Yes, he hid them, even from his own wife. That is stealing. Period. You can church it up however you like, but it's very simple. Yeah, it might not be so sensitive to label the man a "thief," but those items were stolen, there's no arguing that.

It's not a huge deal, that the man smuggled away a few "souvenirs," (although these are NASA's property, not just a couple trinkets.) That wasn't the main point to the thread. It's cool that these items have been discovered, here they are, and Mr. Armstrong is every bit the hero he ever was... however maybe a bit more sneaky than we had assumed.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And Mr. Juggalo, you should think twice before coming onto people's threads saying their posts are stupid and calling them idiots. Kinda has the reverse effect when you have nothing useful to say, just some hateful retorts. Typical...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: Saint Exupery
I'd call it salvage, rather than theft. If he hadn't taken them, they would have been left in the LM when it was abandoned in orbit (it is believed to have crashed into the Moon after its orbit decayed, but no one knows where or when).

Ooh so when you salvage you hide it in your closet ?
Strange way IMHO

Did he "hide" these in the closet, or just store them there.

I have things put away in bags and boxes in my closet, but it's nothing that I'm "hiding".

We are on about contaminating earth , and it's these stupid nurses who try to stop Ebola without following protocol !
Idiots !
edit on 8-2-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
He took items that did not belong to him and hid them. Yes, he hid them, even from his own wife. That is stealing. Period. You can church it up however you like, but it's very simple. Yeah, it might not be so sensitive to label the man a "thief," but those items were stolen, there's no arguing that...

I still don't see any evidence in the article about these things being intentionally hidden.

Going back to the analogy about stuff I have in my own closet, I have things in boxes and bags that my wife most likely doesn't even know are there (heck, there are probably things I put in a closet that I forgot are there, but that's beside the point). That doesn't mean I'm hiding things from my wife and others -- those things just happen to have been stored away in my closet.

If I went through my wife's stuff in our closets, I would probbaly find things SHE has stored away (although not hidden away) That I never knew she had.

I agree that maybe he "officially" wasn't supposed to take his McDivitt purse home with him, but I doubt he thought he would get into any real trouble for it -- i.e., he may not have been that worried about it enough to "hide" it.

edit on 2/8/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Haha, I doubt anything in your closet is from the friggen Apollo Moon mission though, and that's the point.

He didn't "forget it" in there among the golf clubs... Haha, I'm sorry SGIP, but come on. He smuggled away some items from the historic mission. It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
He took items that did not belong to him and hid them. Yes, he hid them, even from his own wife. That is stealing. Period. You can church it up however you like, but it's very simple. Yeah, it might not be so sensitive to label the man a "thief," but those items were stolen, there's no arguing that...

I still don't see any evidence in the article about these things being intentionally hidden.

Going back to the analogy about stuff I have in my own closet, I have things in boxes and bags that my wife most likely doesn't even know are there (heck, there are probably things I put in a closet that I forgot are there, but that's beside the point). That doesn't mean I'm hiding things from my wife and others -- those things just happen to have been stored away in my closet.

If I went through my wife's stuff in our closets, I would probbaly find things SHE has stored away (although not hidden away) That I never knew she had.

I agree that maybe he "officially" wasn't supposed to take his McDivitt purse home with him, but I doubt he thought he would get into any real trouble for it -- i.e., he may not have been that worried about it enough to "hide" it.

We'll last time I went to the moon I forgot about a few things, but I wasn't trained for years to do that !
Can't blame them really, I even forgot to put my coat on when it was snowing !
We all make mistakes , best not forget the uranium I left in my pack lunch box !
Silly me I sold it to a Russian phew , it could of been an American .
Just saying.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

If I was going to "hide" something because I "stole" it i can think of a lot better places than a closet.

Most likely (no I didn't research it) nothing he brought home was classified or an accountable item so nobody cared.

That takes it out of the realm of theft, and into the realm of... " huh you want that junk Neil...Sure take it."

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
D@mn I don't see anything alien on that list.... not even a grain of moonstone...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join