It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced an "Internet Experience Bubble"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It is unlike the TV actually , this is far deeper and more provoking.

This is accelerating very fast, and appears to even be moving quicker by the day, I cant even find stuff I searched for YESTERDAY often, on my own computer.

These algorithms are set to conquer what is left of the free thinking minds, looks like the game has been made fully operational, but the outcome will shock THEM.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Oh ya! But its no surprise, we all life in our own bubble worlds, some practically may as well be living in there own dimension in the real world all around others who live in there own bubble worlds.

So why would anybody be surprised that would be translated into the virtual world of the internet? Its all merely an extension of our perceptions and perspectives...Relevance, and nonlocality. Its normal stuff. When the internet starts following you around and trying to make you think stuff, then you should worry.

Giving you want you want to see, however is a normal function of it and everything else, most people only see and hear what they want to see and hear anyways. In the future I fully expect that if things go on in the technological aspect that something like the internet would know you better then you know yourselfs.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Perceiving a problem leaves us quite some distance from resolving the problem. Getting some critical mass to the point of realization so that a solution might also be perceived and a plan to change things can be executed is no small hill to climb.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That TED talk was back in 2011 too, I am sure it has gotten worse, I know the ads are more targeted, it seems so with almost every website that I visit that has goods for sale, then within 24 hours that companies ads are embedded into the advertising on different websites that allow it, even if I already bought it. But even if I hadn't purchased it, it's like "hey we know you were looking at this, here it is again for you to buy now". That is way stronger than any TV ad.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was watching Gotham on the T.V recently and the penguin interested me who was Oswald cobblepot i got 3 letters in OSW and bam up it came .

My computer is old no camera and my television is not plugged to the net or my p.c either i just use wifi i find that really strange , when i tried it again a moment ago it did not come up until i was on the Co in Cobblepot

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It makes me chuckle that on my Android phone, the internet browser has a little option called 'incognito browsing', which is allegedly for the purpose of ensuring that a particular search term or internet activity is not logged by your device. You just know that it's a hard line to GCHQ via the NSA, it's totally ridiculous. It's like the propaganda about their not being able to track a cellphone if the SIM card is taken out. Dumb terrorists probably fall for that one all the time...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

What you outlined there could be taken as a strand of evidence pointing to a great meshing of data between live feed TV and the Internet. The meshing of the two makes good sense from both a commercial standpoint, and a psy-ops standpoint, if the ubiquitous 'they' decide they want to eff with you. If the data streams are meshed, it's a lot easier to mould a narrative where one is needed.

Have a pint and stick something on the telly...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Search engines are slowly beginning to customize results...not in too significant of a way yet, but there are differences. I don't think this is anything 'paranormal,' if that's what you're getting at...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Not paranormal at all but if you have ever felt you were living in an information control bubble that is what I am referring to here. We all seem to at some extent sense this with some growing concern that the free flow of information is illusory at best.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 02pm2015-02-09T16:17:15-06:0004172America/Chicago17228 by machineintelligence because: added a wiki link

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Not paranormal at all but if you have ever felt you were living in an information control bubble that is what I am referring to here. We all seem to at some extent sense this with some growing concern that the free flow of information is illusory at best.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah. Well yes, that is a good point. I've actually been contemplating making a thread having to do with this topic. How search engines actually have incredible power with the generation of internet-users. They are like the media elite with the older generation, except actually even more powerful. Because we think we are actually searching out among the incomprehensible amount of information that has been put out there by everyone who uses the internet and creates content. When in actuality, it's all really quite pre-defined and limited. The nature of the results seems pre-defined. Like, there are perspectives which I know huge amounts of people have. But when I search trying to read stuff said by people who have that perspective, nothing espousing that perspective shows up. But it's impossible that there isn't content out there espousing what I searched for. So it's getting filtered out, to the point where I literally just about can't find it. That is incredible power for shaping viewpoints and world-views. And just having a search engine that truly have what the individual was searching for, would be a truly remarkable step forward which would prove to be very transformative and significant.
edit on 9-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And soon we will have no control at all.

Money talks...

Google: "You'll take what response I give you and be damn happy with it. Got it?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Changing your DNS server to Open DNS
I see immediate differences in page load times and have seen fewer timeouts by switching.

This article is dated around the same time as the TED talk already posted to this thread.
The Internet Bubble, And How To Escape It
www.ghacks.net...

The article mentions Duck Duck Go which I have used and the results are quite different than google or yahoo.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

It will be like this for any subject. Search engines will focus on what you normally search, especially in regard to aiming advertising at you. In 'ingotnito mode' it will be pretty random.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The video states a preference for the old "gate keepers" that called the flock using a non interactive voice.
The internet is a newer technology that allows any programmer to sub link content.
It works simply like the Amazon programming that states people like you that bought this item also bought some related subset.

In the old days on the boob tube you couldn't filter out the Kennedy assassination or the nightly body count from the war in Vietnam.

Of course for some people its easy to get stuck in endless loops that leave you with "net head". Too much information without any established authority.

It is getting harder to shop on the internet. You can't just type in "best new desktop computer" without getting 100 pages of offers to buy spinning rust.

I agree the internet should require you to question your own judgement and explore new possibilities. If someone threatens to cut you a new As* and send you back to Ireland to die, they may just be trying to pull you out of your own self validation to look at some new possibilities.
edit on 10-2-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Don't use Google as a search engine then and definitely don't use google chrome. While all will do the same to an extent why use the most dominant and powerful one?

I cannot understand why anybody using a site like this would be using either anyway!!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A bit off topic, but since some comments here have alluded to seemingly paranormal activity occuring over the internet,
I thought I'd mention it.
There are in fact a couple of very esteemed A.I. scientists who've suggested that there are 'sentient energy beings' that were 'born" on the internet. Like something right out of any number of sci-fi scenarios.

These scientists must be careful what they say publicly. You dont' want to lose tenure and be labeled a crazy person.
How were these things created? I don't know. A self-directed learning program that adapted in an unexpected way?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger Are you just saying this because MI started the OP? Or do you have some linkable frame of reference of some sort?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: ColeYounger Are you just saying this because MI started the OP? Or do you have some linkable frame of reference of some sort?

There's nothing online about it that I know of. It's been discussed in some tech circles. Sorry, I wish I knew more.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Anyone who has worked for some time in the advanced electronics and computer development fields has likely discussed sentient energy beings. We have a nickname for them. We call them Gremlins. When you are working on the cutting edge stuff it is like your activity and efforts are constantly challenged by these beings which seem to try and block progress into certain development areas of technology. We always just assert it must be a heat issue, Maxwell's demon, but even when heat is adjusted for or overcome the Gremlins persist in blocking progress until the budget runs out.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Are you sure this isn't just Google tailoring search results to your preferences and search history? An obscure piece of equipment I use at work (and Google often) shares its name with a popular musical instrument, but a Google search of the name will always result in what I'm interested in. It isn't so much a conspiracy as it is Google trying to return the most relevant search results for you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join