It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Were Burned Alive in the Bible Belt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i just finished reading a book today called "the kings of clonmel", part of the rangers apprentice series. if anyone reading this has a taste for young adult fantasy adventure series with good morals and more than a bit of wry humor, its an excellent series.

the reason i mention this particular book is because

(SPOILERS!!!)

there is a group of religious people that come to a town and praise their "Golden God" whom they claim is capable of all kinds of mercies and miracles. eventually, they drive away bandits using the power of their hymns and faith. this performance is repeated through numerous towns. it is revealed that these bandits and acolytes are working together to make it seem as though the priest has true power, when in fact he is simply taking all of their gold in exchange for divine favor. and those who do not have this "divine favor" are soon raided and pillaged because he isnt there to "protect" them, which translates to him granting these bandits permission to raid freely so as to reinforce the illusion.

(END SPOILERS)

long story short, its psychology pure and simple. "momentum" as the book puts it. dont slow down and no one asks questions. heat of the moment and all that. i imagine there are books in the military's possession on how to generate and sustain a cult-like movement. because we are commodities, and should the need arise, we are also weapons. to be used against the enemy, even if the enemy is each other.
edit on 8-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkaDeDrow
a reply to: deadeyedick

going on what I've read in the bible KJV and NKJV and other places

try Isaiah 14,12

I'm by no means a scholar on the subject though, just an eclectic reader

en.wikipedia.org...

I think more than anything it refers to venus.

By being a reader you are ahead of me.

I still live by the premise that the devil embeded himself into modern literature.

edit on 8-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

what is your world view? wanna bet i can find all manner of terrible things individual members of the world view you espouse, have done down thru history?

seriously, this thread is a travesty.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

i was watching a video yesterday about how the pagan priests in rome, greece and egypt, had figured out a way to keep their followers coming to the temple by creating machines that mimicked miracles, like statues crying blood, huge temple doors opening and closing by themselves and so on.

hey there's even evidence that an evolutionist, in his zeal to promote darwinism, faked a supposed missing link fossil set. governments have lied. people have lied.

what is your point?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
You all keep trying to make excuses and provide cover for islamic terrorist. That makes you symphtizers.

Here is a refresher.

Christianity condems killing by way of reformation that jesus brought.

The koran has open ended verses that support killing and is in need of reformation.

A muslim following text is told to kill.

A christian following text is told not to kill.

the bible speaks of people being killed for refusing to accept Jesus as king over them. I guess you are a supporter of brutal tyranny as long as the tyrant is on your side.

criticizing christianity doesnt mean sympathizing with terorists, what a strange leap in logic.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

it was a parable about a king. parables are not literal.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

originally posted by: ketsuko
Did they burn him in the name of their religion or because of racism?

A few years ago christians in Africa burnt people suspected of being witches and sorcerers, its obvious they got the idea from the bible -

Exodus 22:18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live"

Not gonna post the video here obviously but feel free to google it.

christians also poured acid down the throats of children they thought as being possessed.

alot of christians in america were condemning it too, and western christians in outreach programs were trying to explain to them that what they were doing was not what jesus taught. (hint: there are 2 jehovahs in the old testament, well 3 if you count "heavenly father, amen". and of the 2 aforementioned jehovahs, one was not jesus)

sorcery in the new testament wasn't about magic, but about pharmacopeia (the negative kind, not the helpful kind).
edit on 9-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

Who was the king in the parable supposed to represent? and what would jesus do with someone who does not accept him?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Who was the king in the parable supposed to represent? and what would jesus do with someone who does not accept him?

just a fictitious king. this is how i got it worked: hell is the grave, not a burning fiery place. the burning fiery place, called the lake of fire, is not hell either. hell is tossed in the lake of fire. how is the grave tossed in a lake of fire? it's clearly a metaphor about death (the grave) being done away with. but this is based on my interpretation of the text,which seems to suggest the grave metaphors are referring to that part of human dna, which is currently modified so that we age and die. its a time-related puzzle as well.

however, technically, if you don't wish to accept jesus' offer of eternal life, you just die (not because he killed you or ordered you to be killed) and that's it - no fiery punishment, but no resurrection either. hell is the grave.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

just a fictitious king. this is how i got it worked: hell is the grave, not a burning fiery place. the burning fiery place, called the lake of fire, is not hell either. hell is tossed in the lake of fire. how is the grave tossed in a lake of fire? it's clearly a metaphor about death (the grave) being done away with. but this is based on my interpretation of the text,which seems to suggest the grave metaphors are referring to that part of human dna, which is currently modified so that we age and die. its a time-related puzzle as well.

however, technically, if you don't wish to accept jesus' offer of eternal life, you just die (not because he killed you or ordered you to be killed) and that's it - no fiery punishment, but no resurrection either. hell is the grave.

so...theres no actual punishment.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

life is hard enough as it is. you have the choice of whether you want to be resurrected or not. if you don't, then you aren't (but you have to make that choice while you are alive). it's not a punishment. but then my view of the creation of the adam males and females, and the introduction of eve and the tree of knowledge, is a bit different than mainstream views, and i think those parts are essential to understand so that the last parts in the book of revelation make sense. without that, it's gonna be alot harder to make sense of things like hell.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

life is hard enough as it is. you have the choice of whether you want to be resurrected or not. if you don't, then you aren't (but you have to make that choice while you are alive). it's not a punishment. but then my view of the creation of the adam males and females, and the introduction of eve and the tree of knowledge, is a bit different than mainstream views, and i think those parts are essential to understand so that the last parts in the book of revelation make sense. without that, it's gonna be alot harder to make sense of things like hell.

i dont mind the idea of reincarnating, but i do mind the idea of being resurrected for the sole purpose of kissing someones ass.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

i dont mind the idea of reincarnating, but i do mind the idea of being resurrected for the sole purpose of kissing someones ass.

well, since we haven't had an opportunity to see what it's like to have him running the planet instead of the other guy, i think it's kinda hard to assume you'd be ass kissing.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

well, since we haven't had an opportunity to see what it's like to have him running the planet instead of the other guy, i think it's kinda hard to assume you'd be ass kissing.

he isnt even here and people spend a day a week kissing his ass. some people spend all week. why would it change.
edit on 9-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

he isnt even here and people spend a day a week kissing his ass. some people spend all week. why would it change.

misunderstanding? maturity level?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So I have a few problems with your post :

1) What information do you have indicating any of this was done in the name of Christ? I saw none of it there

2) just because anyone does something horrible and claims it in the name of a particular religion, means nothing about the religion itself

3) Catholics ( those responsible for the Inquisition and the Crusades or thier part in it ) Are not representatives of Christ..sorry to burst your bubble there...If you know any thing about Catholisism , they are pagans whether partcipating members know it or not....They believe Mary and priests can absolve them of their sins ( She/They can't ) and they are essentially a cult of sun, idol, and satan worshippers..Thier own doctrines decmare this openly..knowingly or unknowlingly...So please correct this gross misunderstanding, as you falsely tied Chrsitinaity to Catholicism

4) In regards to Muslims and Islam as a whole......

Allah has no son, and does not have any direct relationship with any of his followers. Followers of Islam are commanded to obey Allahs will and his word, but he cares nothing for any of his followers. Allah is an arabic word preceeding the Quran as found in many acceptable sources ( Author, Publication, Date, APA quoted , page#, etc unlike your source )

“The Arabs, before the time of Mohammed, accepted and worshipped, after a fashion, a supreme god called Allah” – (Encyclopedia of Islam, I:302, Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1913, Houtsma)

“The name Allah, as the Quran itself is witness, was well known in pre-Islamic Arabia. Indeed, both it and its feminine form, Allat, are found not infrequently among the theophorous names in inscriptions from North Africa” – (Islam: Muhammad, and His Religion, New York: The Liberal Arts Press, 1958, p. 85)

The word “Allah” comes from the compound Arabic word, al-ilah. Al is the definite article “the” and ilah is an Arabic word for “god.” It is not a foreign word. It is not even the Syriac word for God. It is pure Arabic. – (There is an interesting discussion of the origins of Allah, in “Arabic Lexicographical Miscellanies” by J. Blau in the Journal of Semitic Studies, Vol. XVII, #2, 1972, pp. 173-190)

Neither is Allah a Hebrew or Greek word for God as found in the Bible. Allah is a purely Arabic term used in reference to an Arabian deity. Hastings’ Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics I:326, T & T Clark, states:

‘”Allah” is a proper name, applicable only to their [Arabs’] peculiar God.’

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion:

‘”Allah” is a pre-Islamic name . . . corresponding to the Babylonian Bel’ – (Encyclopedia of Religion, I:117 Washington DC, Corpus Pub., 1979) aka Satan...

Muslims circle Saturns Black cube in Mecca ( the rings of saturn ) This is idol worship....would you say this is idol worship? If not please explain why ?
...a reply to: Onslaught2996

------------------

I request you do more research and present credible sources before posting this type of nonsense here...

Do people do horrible things in the name of Christianity?...probably...But I could also go do something horrible in the name of the pagan faith Islam ( even though i do not believe one thing about it ) and it goes to prove nothing about its valdidity or falsehood as a religion....or whether something horrible in the name of that religion even occurred...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

lol, I doubt I'm ahead of you mate, or anyone else, I just have a slightly different learning experience

Books don't teach you everything, not by along shot, knowledge and learning can be discovered everywhere, we just need to keep our eyes and minds open.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

misunderstanding? maturity level?

No, he understands perfectly, the entire reasoning for Christianity is a mystery, and somehow is attempted to be covered by some choice in a Garden.

He is right, the world has gained NOTHING, the soul gains NOTHING it could not with other means that are carefully hidden, the ones that could take us much farther.

Imagine the entirety of Earths religions as being spawned by the devil, and then take another look at who is running the place.... and why....

Misunderstanding is the NAME OF THE GAME HERE, maturity levels are not going to happen without losing the lies of ALL religions, who work for "something".

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

i was thinking more along the lines of having a healthy relationship versus the idea of an one sided affair which is punctuated by grovelling and apologizing continually.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Men Were Burned Alive in the Bible Belt

Sure enough, there it was: the charred corpse of a young (left out by me) man, tied to a blistered tree in the heart of the Texas Bible Belt. Next to the burned body, young (left out by me) men can be seen smiling and grinning, seemingly jubilant at their front-row seats in a carnival of death. One of them sent a picture postcard home: “This is the barbeque we had last night. My picture is to the left with a cross over it. Your son, Joe.

I left out the race part..because this is not about race but more about the power of religion.

Certain religions on here love to point out how civilized their religion is compared to Muslims. This was a few decades ago...these were Christian folks at the time...this was a time when this religion still had some power.

I am saying the only reason Christians in America don't go around committing atrocities they would have committed decades ago is because...people of today would not stand for it. If any religion gets power over their people...they would most definitely do these types of things again.

So stop saying your religion is more civilized..it is not...it just has been beaten into submission by people who will not stand by an allow these actions to happen.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

I am not a religious guy...and I don't hold judgement on your beliefs...but you are playing dumb if you do not know that if given power again..the religious folk of America would be doing the same damn thing.

So I am going to assume that you do also condemn modern Muslim atrocities? Or is this just another ATS "Bash white guys, Christianity, and America" things?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join