It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & Aliens & The Physical Evidence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Lolz ok then you have no idea what they discussed and are uninformed as to what evidence they present.

I believe you stated in another ATS post that you are forty years old, married, with children.

As such, it little becomes you to behave like a stubborn, ignorant adolescent.

Since we are discussing physical evidence of UFOs, our primary sources of evidence must be physical objects of some kind.

To determine that they are of extraterrestrial origin, they must be shown to contain materials, or be the result of manufacturing processes, that don't exist on Earth. That means analytical reports conducted by reputable investigators who have no skin in the game. People who are not told what they're looking at or where it came from until after they have concluded their investigations.

The reports they produce would be written documents. These should be available to anyone who wants to look at them, analyze and criticize the investigative design and methodology, assess the validity of the study based on that, and then, if the methodology checks out, look at the results and see whether or not they support the extraterrestrial-origin hypothesis.

Don't you get it? A video proves nothing. You could post ten thousand videos on this thread and you will not have come one inch closer to proving your claims. Right now, you are a source with zero credibility.

Show us something real. Show us the study reports. Then we — not you — will make our decisions regarding what we believe.

edit on 8/2/15 by Astyanax because: bloody teenagers

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Oh, and...

are you that lazy your not able to watch a few minutes of video

Perhaps you are one of those unhappy folk for whom ATS is life, or the principal portion of it. To me, ATS is a leisure pursuit. It has to compete with other pursuits for my scarce leisure time.

My reading speed is about 400 words a minute. In that same minute, the world's fastest public speaker, the late Patrick Moore, could manage to utter only 160 words. The average person can get out more like 100 if they're reading from a prepared script, speaking continuously.

In a video, counting edits, pauses for various reasons, dramatic music, and so on, that comes down to about fifty words a minute. Or less.

Video communicates about eight times slower than text.

So...

Show. Us. The. Documents.

Or accept defeat and pipe down.

edit on 8/2/15 by Astyanax because: it's obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Does anyone really think that there would be such sustained debate about ET if it weren't already reality. The fact that we are still debating/arguing is in itself indicative that it must be reality!

The breadth and depth of subject matter, the sheer number of incidents, eye witnesses (credible) and the actions and contradictions of TPTB, lame excuses, secrecy etc etc is also indicative of the fact that there is reality in what is being discussed, debated or disputed!

Get over it! ET is here and they have been around far longer than us!

History is not what it seems or what is taught its far more interesting and encompassing that that!

And proof is only a confirmation of what people already know and have stated!

There's sustained debate about religion. Does that prove that God is real? No.

Where's the testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist and visit earth and abduct people? Wouldn't you think that will all this sustained debate some would have surfaced? Alas, none has surfaced. Almost 70 years and zip testable evidence. Of course, you could change all of that by citing some. How about it?
The two in my view are not comparable! One is just myth without any real credible witnesses/evidence and mainly based on a book. It also doesn't make any sense like the existence of ET does. Science - Physics and Biology supports the likelihood of ET!

Religion is just a belief system not a viable scientific biological probability!

R vs ET - there is no contest!!

Really? There are plenty of "witnesses" claiming that they've seen Jesus and Mary and that God talks to them. Of course it's based on a book of myths. The Extraterrestrial hypothesis is based on plenty of witnesses claiming they've seen ETs and have communicated with them. Lots of books have been written about these claims. What missing from both beliefs is a shred of testable evidence. The mere statistical likelihood that there is life elsewhere in the universe is not testable evidence that there is nor is there an iota of testable evidence that extraterrestrials have visited earth and abducted humans. If you know of any, please cite it.

Betty and Barney Hill case. The evidence; a map of stars that can only be viewed form about 250 ly away.

Please feel free to examine the actual evidence and show some other conclusion or result.

Oh yes...ETA: statistical/probabilistic data is very testable.

edit on 8-2-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Does anyone really think that there would be such sustained debate about ET if it weren't already reality. The fact that we are still debating/arguing is in itself indicative that it must be reality!

The breadth and depth of subject matter, the sheer number of incidents, eye witnesses (credible) and the actions and contradictions of TPTB, lame excuses, secrecy etc etc is also indicative of the fact that there is reality in what is being discussed, debated or disputed!

History is not what it seems or what is taught its far more interesting and encompassing that that!

Where's the testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist and visit earth and abduct people? Wouldn't you think that will all this sustained debate some would have surfaced? Alas, none has surfaced. Almost 70 years and zip testable evidence. Of course, you could change all of that by citing some. How about it?
The two in my view are not comparable! One is just myth without any real credible witnesses/evidence and mainly based on a book. It also doesn't make any sense like the existence of ET does. Science - Physics and Biology supports the likelihood of ET!

Religion is just a belief system not a viable scientific biological probability!

Really? There are plenty of "witnesses" claiming that they've seen Jesus and Mary and that God talks to them. Of course it's based on a book of myths. The Extraterrestrial hypothesis is based on plenty of witnesses claiming they've seen ETs and have communicated with them. Lots of books have been written about these claims. What missing from both beliefs is a shred of testable evidence. The mere statistical likelihood that there is life elsewhere in the universe is not testable evidence that there is nor is there an iota of testable evidence that extraterrestrials have visited earth and abducted humans. If you know of any, please cite it.

Betty and Barney Hill case. The evidence; a map of stars that can only be viewed form about 250 ly away.

Please feel free to examine the actual evidence and show some other conclusion or result.

Nice its a good story, the evidence of a map of stars that can only be viewed form about 250 light years away is very compelling another nice find. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Based on obsolete data, Marjorie Fish’s interpretation of Betty Hill’s map has been shown to be wrong. In the early 1990s the European Hipparcos mission measured the distances to more than a hundred thousand stars around the Sun more accurately than ever before. Some turned out to be much further away than previously thought. Other research has looked at stars included in Fish’s research. Two, 54 and 107 Piscium, have been revealed to be variable stars, while Gliese 67 and Tau 1 Eridani are in fact close binaries. Then some stars discounted by Fish have turned out to be potential abodes for life after all, for example Epsilon Eridani is not after all a binary star.

Using Fish’s own assumptions and more up to date data, six of the fifteen stars chosen by her must be excluded. The Fish interpretation falls to pieces at this point, and at some point Fish herself confirmed this (see update section at the end). As far as I know, this was first pointed out in an article, 'Goodbye Zeta Reticuli' by Brett Holman published in the November 2008 Fortean Times and the silence which has followed from supporters of the Hill’s account has been telling... The whole idea that Betty Hill was accurately reproducing something she really saw is flawed. Source

statistical/probabilistic data is very testable.

Indeed. You test it by comparing it with real results. Where are the real results?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

Well, for example, just recently Whitley Strieber was talking in a private section of his website in detail with reputable researchers such as Joseph Farrell, Catherine Austin Fitts and Richard Dolan. Many in the UFO world have a lot of respect for Dolan, especially. He can cater to both the "disclosure" side as well as the "contact" side, for lack of a better way of stating it. But he has also introduced a new meme into the mix which seems to be the cutting edge in terms of getting an intellectual handle on many of these subjects. And that is "the breakaway civilization". Then Farrell ties it into the bad old days of Nazi research and Fitts ties it into a hijacked global economic system and they all suggest that some MASSIVE project, something tantamount to a "secret space program" has been in the works for quite some time. Fitts started off as a simple economist working under the Bush administration, it's just that she stumbled into all of this stuff by following the money. However, at the core of all this there is still an undeniable "occult" or paranormal aspect. But even Strieber recently in 2015 said that it is much different than he had originally thought and that there seems to be a definite human/occult component that relates to the Nazis and covert parts of the military. The radio program these three did tied it all together in a very rational, scientific and undeniable way that would likely persuade skeptics and "believers" alike.

Yes talk of the secret space program is very interesting Joseph Farrell goes into ancient accounts of alien wars, Catherine Austin Fitts looks at the economics of the secret space program, and Richard Dolan goes into what a breakaway civilization is all about.

All three are extreamly interesting, and various topics of conversation are very interesting, from the paranormal to the occult.
I welcome further information if they discuss any evidence of UFOs and Aliens they may have come accross in thier travels, stories are good too, and physical evidence is great to talk about as well. Thanks for sharing and please do feel free to share more inforamtion as you see fit, it can only make the conversation more interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket

Well, as far as physical evidence is concerned, I prefer to element 115. Bob Lazar claimed the existence of such element in 1980s, and it was finally created in 2003. Coincident?

Wow I need to spend a bit of time to go over this as it seems really deep and goes into the realms of the spiritual but it sounds amazing, thanks for sharing, if you have anything else to add please do. Thats evidence if he claimed the element existed over 25 years ago and we are just now getting to it in the public areas of science, good stuff!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You might want to refresh your knowledge on this case: This thread will help.

As for the data to compare against. If you are referring to the Hill case, I refer you to the Hipparcos catalog. There are some 117 000 stars there, along with a plethora of data on all. Then you can actually use the Fish interpretation as a first approximation, then build your own second, and perhaps third or fourth using commonly available tools.

I created a "flavor" of the Hill map...and found that the point of observation was quite a distance from Earth, and in an almost odd direction. If you would like the coordinates of the observation point I can look it up for you.

In my model of the Hill map I used the hipparcos star catalog, imported into a SQL database, and a series of queries to get and use the positional data to compute a set of 3D coordinates. These computations were then used to create a Python script to run in a 3D modeling system and place "bucky" balls at the locations of each of the stars. This created a 3D model of the Hill star map, with a rather high degree of accuracy. I was then able to rotate it, and position it so that it could be properly examined. The 3D model and the resulting dataset from Hipparcos and XHIP, with some "joined" data from a table of planets form the data upon which my most recent work is being based.

There is one "bump" however. HIP-7918, and Upsilon Andromeda are right next to each other, and it is difficult to know which of the two was intended in the original map. HIP7918 is listed in the "HabCat" table, and Upsilon Andromeda has confirmed planets. Statistically speaking it is rather likely that there is some form of advanced life on one of the two, perhaps both.

Other stars in the map also have confirmed planets, some in the habitable zone.

If you fail to see how this knowledge affects the probabilities of life in the cosmos, then I would submit that you need to refresh your understand of mathematics.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Here are some interesting artifacts with aliens on them from ancient civilizations, yet another drop in the ocean of evidence that is most likely out there.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paperjacket

Well, as far as physical evidence is concerned, I prefer to element 115. Bob Lazar claimed the existence of such element in 1980s, and it was finally created in 2003. Coincident?

It doesn't take any secret knowledge to speculate about the existence of elements above -- say -- element 110 and higher. Science was finding elements heavier than uranium little by little every year for decades, filling in the high end of the periodic table little by little.

Any school child could look at the missing element numbers at the high end of the periodic table and say that someday those elements may be found to exist. Heck -- I'm going to predict that someday science will discover elements 119 and 120. These have not yet been discovered/synthesized, but there is hope that soon they will.

But those are easy ones; people are currently and active looking for those elements. Let me make another prediction:

I predict that there is an Element 126, and I'll call it Unbihextium

Someday science probably will find/synthesize Element 126, but you heard it here first. And when they do discover Element 126, I hope you are as equally impressed with my prediction as you are with Bob Lazar's claim.

By the way, some scientific research suggests that the highest possible element may be a hypothetical element 130; however, some other research refutes that limit.

edit on 2/8/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Actually, your predictions are very much different, and "simple", than Lazar's predictions. He actually attempted to predict some of the properties. Unfortunately, for him, he was wrong about the properties.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

Well, for example, just recently Whitley Strieber was talking in a private section of his website in detail with reputable researchers such as Joseph Farrell, Catherine Austin Fitts and Richard Dolan. Many in the UFO world have a lot of respect for Dolan, especially. He can cater to both the "disclosure" side as well as the "contact" side, for lack of a better way of stating it. But he has also introduced a new meme into the mix which seems to be the cutting edge in terms of getting an intellectual handle on many of these subjects. And that is "the breakaway civilization". Then Farrell ties it into the bad old days of Nazi research and Fitts ties it into a hijacked global economic system and they all suggest that some MASSIVE project, something tantamount to a "secret space program" has been in the works for quite some time. Fitts started off as a simple economist working under the Bush administration, it's just that she stumbled into all of this stuff by following the money. However, at the core of all this there is still an undeniable "occult" or paranormal aspect. But even Strieber recently in 2015 said that it is much different than he had originally thought and that there seems to be a definite human/occult component that relates to the Nazis and covert parts of the military. The radio program these three did tied it all together in a very rational, scientific and undeniable way that would likely persuade skeptics and "believers" alike.

Reputable would imply that these "researchers" have produced testable evidence proving their claims. What testable evidence have they produced?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbiffH
Hey guys, first poster here from the land of Aus. I have lurked and researched a lot behind supposed evidence posted online, but I find that YouTube, apart from witness testimonies, has a lot fake videos that are basically click bait in order to get views.

Through forum archives and IRC channels, I have managed to find better footage of videos that apparently get taken down when uploaded on mainstream media sources such as that McPhersons videos from '89, Billy Meier's 8mm film, the non-Japanese film footage from Dulce Papers etc.

If there was more ways to share the research, evidence (footage, pictures etc.) through torrents and not a single source on ATS or Youtube, I believe it would help maintain the legitmacy of some claims. Otherwise, like on Youtube, it's like having well researched evidence among a sea full of click-bait view hungry videos.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents.

Legitimacy of claims is based on testable evidence. Where is the testable evidence? Can you cite one bit of it proving that extraterrestrials exist, visit earth and abduct people?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Actually, your predictions are very much different, and "simple", than Lazar's predictions. He actually attempted to predict some of the properties. Unfortunately, for him, he was wrong about the properties.

Fine, I'll make up some properties for my Element 126 (Unbihextium).
It is a soft silvery metal, and oxidizes very easily. It exists within the "island of stability", and has a half-life of 21.2 seconds.

If those predicted properties are as wrong as Lazar's predictions for the properties of Element 115 (Ununpentium), then will people equally be impressed by my predictions of the element and its properties?

edit on 2/8/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I can draw a map of stars that, statistically, will match the arrangement of a group of a handful of stars amidst the millions in our galaxy. Anyone can. In fact, you could throw a handful of pebbles on a table and do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I can draw a map of stars that, statistically, will match the arrangement of a group of a handful of stars amidst the millions in our galaxy. Anyone can. In fact, you could throw a handful of pebbles on a table and do the same thing.

Indeed!

Now YOU have made a "wild" claim, the major difference is; I actually know how to test this...are you game?

And, you understand, that your stars have to have much the same properties as those in the Hill map...i.e a map of habitable stars.

So...you give me a "map" and then we can look at the stars...by the way; I will expect a first approximation of the actual identity of each star.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Indeed!

Now YOU have made a "wild" claim, the major difference is; I actually know how to test this...are you game?

And, you understand, that your stars have to have much the same properties as those in the Hill map...i.e a map of habitable stars.

So...you give me a "map" and then we can look at the stars...by the way; I will expect a first approximation of the actual identity of each star.

You give him too much credit, you really think that dude can draw a map?
I say 100% BS to his draw a map boast.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

As expected, when the actual "evidence" is examined closely, it falls apart. So still you have zero evidence!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Indeed!

You give him too much credit, you really think that dude can draw a map?
I say 100% BS to his draw a map boast.

No..Absolutely not!

You see, I know what is involved, he does not...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

As expected, when the actual "evidence" is examined closely, it falls apart. So still you have zero evidence!

So...you haven't bothered to actually look into the Hill Map, or analyze it in any way, shape, or form.

The statement made about that being a view from 250 light years was my discovery, and, I can give you the astronomical coordinates of where to place your eye or camera to get just that view.

Seriously man, you should do your homework first...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join