It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 killed, including children, in Georgia shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

Isn't this post literally like 4 comments below the mod chastising people for making this a thread about gun control?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Closed temporarily so members can read:

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Out of respect for those murdered in Georgia....

Please post about the tragedy, and not make this another thread all about gun control.
With the attached bickering....

This is the only request about this that will be made.
You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Sun Feb 8 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

From this point forward, off topic posts that consist of bickering and control control rants will be removed....no REPLY to this post is necessary....

Thread reopened.
edit on Sun Feb 8 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Out of respect for those murdered in Georgia....

Please post about the tragedy, and not make this another thread all about gun control.
With the attached bickering....

This is the only request about this that will be made.
You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Do NOT reply to this post!!

Thank you, Tread. I'm almost two pages through this thread and still no information on the shooting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Neighbors: Man opened fire on ex-wife's home killing 5, injuring 2

A neighbor told Fernandes the shooter’s ex-wife lives inside the home where the shooting incident started.

Neighbors said the man shot his ex-wife, her new boyfriend and several children.

Witnesses said the shooter parked his car down the street from his ex-wife’s home, snuck up to the house and opened fire.

And finally, some information. Turns out this was a domestic dispute turned deadly.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Out of respect for the dead I cant discuss what might save lives in future fair enough

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
You reap what you sow America!

All your mindless nonsense about deadly fire arms being there to protect yourselves - never seems to stop any of these massacres. It just shows your society is too messed up to be responsible with guns, hell I'd even go one step further and say your a danger to yourselves and others when your holding a potato peeler.

I hope the pour souls who lost family members recover from this trauma - it must be horrible to lose a family member for no reason by a senseless maniac who's obsessed with weapons and his ego driven desire to shoot bullets!

only in MER'CA!!!!

You're acting like a #ing jerk (I edited that, btw), does the death of children really inspire you to glote and try to get some "I was right" points? That is disgusting, I'm ashamed to see all the support you're getting too.
edit on 9-2-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

no need to thank me mate, all in a days work.
There was no gloating anywhere - look up the definition.

The core of my argument was that the minimal gun laws in America have created this environment of mass shootings.
Add in your very poor education system, your addiction to fast food and medication and its a massive ball of misery and death.

I'm getting support I suppose because people not in America are also shaking their heads dumbfounded at how such a simple issue seems impossible for Americans to understand.

Step 1. Add millions of guns into a society
Step 2. Watch that society endure more gun massacres than all other nations combined
Step 3. Scratch head and wonder why this is happening..

I feel sorry for the people who've lost loved ones, I truly do. I've never been in that position before - most probably because I don't live in America. What needs to encourage such a passionate rise out of you, is the seemingly lack of intelligence going around where people seriously believe that America doesn't have a gun problem.

edit on am222288092015-02-09T02:22:02-06:00022015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on am222288092015-02-09T02:22:28-06:00022015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I would say that it looks very much to me, as if there is more of a " dangerously mentally disturbed but not institutionalised" problem in America, than there is a gun problem.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Couldn't agree more, all the people conducting these massacres are said to be of unstable mind - why aren't they being properly evaluated?

However, that exists in most countries. Drugs and Alcohol can turn someone seemingly stable into a psychopath over night - if they take the right gear.

But a psychopath is just a psychopath
add in a massive supply of guns and he becomes a psychopath on a gun massacre

and yes knives are different because knives you need to be directly next to a person and in an aware society you wont be able to do much damage before your taken down.

But in a society full of guns, you could kill dozens of people in a matter of minutes.

edit on am232288092015-02-09T02:32:27-06:00022015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Talk about contradictions in statements.

First you shame all of America, then to cover yourself you say how sorry you are about the tragedy, but toss in another statement about weapons?

Ironic indeed.

The topic is about the loss of life and not trying to troll ATS about "Gun control"

Unfortunately we can't seem to legislate mental illness in the USA, which appears to be at epidemic proportions. The sad facts are that innocent people, including children seem to suffer the consequences of this epidemic.

These illnesses are not synonymous to the USA, but seem to be heightened here because of freedoms we do have. Maybe it's time to look at our way of life, instead of just the implements used in violent acts.

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
You reap what you sow America!

I hope the pour souls who lost family members recover from this trauma - it must be horrible to lose a family member for no reason by a senseless maniac who's obsessed with weapons and his ego driven desire to shoot bullets!

only in MER'CA!!!!

edit on 9-2-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Put the mentally unstable in asylums and the rate of these incidents is severely diminished. Big Pharma is a far more dangerous weapon than a gun ever will be. If this guy didn't have a gun he would have used a knife, then clowns like agit8dcrap would call for the banning of sharp edged weapons. How's the air up on your soapbox? Agit8dcrap= Ambulance chaser.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Toblakai because: spelling/punctuation.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

Actually it's explosives bar none.
JUST whip out a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook from Paladin press.
I don't wish to rehash the obvious in another inappropriate venue,we already have law for that.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Its not about guns its about people.

The problem isn't that there is a gun the problem is that people want to use the gun to kill other people.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is really tragic, God bless them and their families.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join