It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be a hero, you must have honor’ – Jesse Ventura

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Me and Jessie go way back (
) on ATS and I was a little dismayed when he recieved a load of flak for his saga with the sniper dude.
So here is Jessie clearing a few things up.

I for one agree with him.
nuff said really.

JESSIE 2016!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah I am definitely going to have to hear this because when I heard the blank statement about Jesse coming out against Chris Kyle I was surprised.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
S/F That's All..

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All vets are welcome in my home....from Jesse to Chris if he was still alive. Water under the bridge.

But with that...wtf is up with so many SEALs needing to tell their story in a book only a few years after their story? Such an ego thing man. Unless I missed it you don't hear Delta Force running around bragging about all their ops...at least not til 20 years after. To put out a book or movie when the war is still going on is such a bad idea...its for one disrespectful, and two...possibly giving intel to some extent. I always loved the Green Beret's slogan of "the quiet professionals" ....
edit on 7-2-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Not only is Jessie not a hero, he is a fool.
As your words said, "'nuff said."

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
All vets are welcome in my home....from Jesse to Chris if he was still alive. Water under the bridge.

But with that...wtf is up with so many SEALs needing to tell their story in a book only a few years after their story? Such an ego thing man. Unless I missed it you don't hear Delta Force running around bragging about all their ops...at least not til 20 years after. To put out a book or movie when the war is still going on is such a bad idea...its for one disrespectful, and two...possibly giving intel to some extent. I always loved the Green Beret's slogan of "the quiet professionals" ....

A lot of sympathy with that.
Then there is the, 'unjust enrichment' award, $1.3m down to the cents, that's not right in a sea of relative affluence and not even a full jury judgement, while the publishers have yet to come. Jessie, by all means keep the half million, you earned it, give the rest to something better.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nice to here Jesse Justify himself. Of course after the fact, only a handful will see he was Right.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Care to explain why?.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Did you see the video? he expained that it was not his wife he sued but the estate...he was suing before he was killed and sued due to his life being destroyed because of the lies Chris told.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm uncomfortable with Hero worship of soldiers. It annoys me, there are other heroes in a society who never get a look in. I'm talking about the nurses and care workers, who work all the hours God sends for very little pay,who are full of care and compassion for strangers. Most soldiers sign up knowing the risks that their job entails. As do nurses and care workers. Personally Unlike some I do not believe soldiers have saved my way of life. Maybe those from previous generations like our grand parents generation, but since World War Two there has been no threat to my way of life.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

The last just war WW2 in my opinion anyhow.

Also I agree the true heroes are the unsung ones (like me lol) I see many heroes in my place of work....we go through unbelievable stress/assaults/sleepless nights all for 7 quid an hour...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I just don't like the way some service men feel they are entitled to special treatment. I have read a number of things recently where service men's families have argued, we wouldn't have the freedom to have healthcare or the freedom to enjoy ourselves had it not been for their family member who serves. It's bollocks. No other section of society demands this much respect.

People like yourself and others who work in caring stressful jobs, that many people shun, deserve a level of respect for doing the things many would not be able to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

A lot of sympathy with that.
Then there is the, 'unjust enrichment' award, $1.3m down to the cents, that's not right in a sea of relative affluence and not even a full jury judgement, while the publishers have yet to come. Jessie, by all means keep the half million, you earned it, give the rest to something better.

In case you didn't know the money will most likely be taken by the lawyers that worked for Jesse. Kyle and his wife's lawyers were paid for by the insurance company while Jesse had to pay for his out of his own pocket. A bill for lawyers working two years on a case adds up.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Not only is Jessie not a hero, he is a fool.
As your words said, "'nuff said."

Everything Jesse said was right. Kyle was more of a psychopath than a hero just watch some of the interviews he gave.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

I just don't like the way some service men feel they are entitled to special treatment. I have read a number of things recently where service men's families have argued, we wouldn't have the freedom to have healthcare or the freedom to enjoy ourselves had it not been for their family member who serves. It's bollocks. No other section of society demands this much respect.

People like yourself and others who work in caring stressful jobs, that many people shun, deserve a level of respect for doing the things many would not be able to do.

I've served and I second that. There is a fine line between respecting service men and women and those same people thinking they have a god given right. The most obnoxious, arrogant self centred prick I have ever met is Johnson Beharry VC. The nurse who is at the arse end of a 12 hour shift on a Friday night putting up with drunken idiots giving them a hard time? Nah I couldn't do that.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Me and Jessie go way back (
) on ATS and I was a little dismayed when he recieved a load of flak for his saga with the sniper dude.
So here is Jessie clearing a few things up.

I for one agree with him.
nuff said really.

JESSIE 2016!!!!

I just wrote about that in another thread. I don't see why people think he was wrong to pursue legal action after Kyle's death. If his name has been dragged through the dirt he should be allowed his right to clear his name. I don't agree with everything Jesse says but at least he is out there saying it and not buying into the government crap.
edit on 3081642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: boymonkey74
he expained that it was not his wife he sued but the estate...he was suing before he was killed and sued due to his life being destroyed because of the lies Chris told.

He can spin it anyway he wants but the fact is that this fake seal sued the widow of a dead man who couldn't testify, and he kept the money that had been earmarked for veterans causes.

His life wasn't destroyed because of Chris Kyle. Ventura flushed whatever cred he had when he put that gawd awful fake conspiracy TV show on the air. And then Ventura went 'off the grid' in a publicity ploy that has failed, and he did that all on his own.

Ventura sued a guy who may have told a lie about him, but many of the things Ventura has done with his life haven't exactly been pristine? His wrestling 'fights' ... real or staged? His conspiracy show ... real solid info or hype for a paycheck ? Off the grid ... how could someone supposedly living off the grid know what is happening in the world enough to be able to comment on world situations with any kind of credibility? Silliness. He claims to be a Navy Seal but he was really UDT and he never went and fulfilled the Seal training. Just because the Navy has now combined Seal and UDT doesn't mean he was a Seal while in the Navy. So he isn't exactly telling the full truth there either. Ventura sued a dead guy for telling a bravado lie about him ... I wonder how many people could sue Ventura for not exactly being totally honest about things either? He has his own bravado issues to work on.

I thought he was good as governor, but everything else in the spotlight that he has done has been sucky .. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
He can spin it anyway he wants but the fact is that this fake seal sued the widow of a dead man who couldn't testify, and he kept the money that had been earmarked for veterans causes.

Kyle was alive when Ventura sued. If Kyle had lived, he still would have lost the suit and the money would have still gone to Ventura.

Ventura sued a guy who may have told a lie about him,

He DID lie about it.

many of the things Ventura has done with his life haven't exactly been pristine?

That's irrelevant. If someone wants to sue Jesse, they are free to. But his behavior is irrelevant to the Kyle case.

how could someone supposedly living off the grid know what is happening in the world enough to be able to comment on world situations with any kind of credibility?

Off the Grid doesn't mean a person has no power. It means they're Off the grid.

Ventura sued a dead guy for telling a bravado lie about him ... I wonder how many people could sue Ventura for not exactly being totally honest about things either?

Sure they can sue. If they can prove the lie damaged them in court, they might even win.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Kyle was alive when Ventura sued. If Kyle had lived, he still would have lost the suit and the money would have still gone to Ventura.

Kyle was alive when Ventura started the suit. But Kyle wasn't alive during it and at the verdict. The lawsuit went through hitting up a dead man who couldn't testify and it hit up his widow. Ventura kept the money that was supposed to go to veterans groups.

That's irrelevant.

No it's not. Ventura got upset because someone told a bravado story. BUT Ventura isn't exactly the most honest person in the world and has told his fair share of bravado stories. TONS of them. And he's put his own foot in his mouth ... 'Minneapolis was designed by drunken Irishmen' .... He said Cheney was a 'coward because he got five deferments from Vietnam' ... (geee ... Kyle called Ventura a traitor and Ventura sued, but Cheney didn't sue Ventura for his name calling.) Ventura went around saying Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen and he gave no proof ... Bush didn't sue him for telling lies. Ventura is a whiner.

Ventura's motto during WWF - "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!".

Off the Grid doesn't mean a person has no power. It means they're Off the grid.

He is totally off the grid .... and out of touch.

In addition to Kyles widow, Ventura sued the TSA, the WWF, Harper Collins, and threatened to sue TMZ. If all the people Ventura had insulted and lied about turned around and sued him, like he sued Kyles widow, then we'd all have some major entertainment for decades to come.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/8/2015 by FlyersFan because: fixed tags

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
He is totally off the grid .... and out of touch.

What do you mean by "off the grid"?

The term off-grid refers to not being connected to a grid, mainly used in terms of not being connected to the main or national electrical grid. In electricity, off-grid can be stand-alone systems (SAS) or mini-grids typically to provide a smaller community with electricity.
en.wikipedia.org...

He's totally solar, so he's off the nations electrical grid, but he has power. He's definitely not out of touch.

Regarding his life in Mexico, Ventura said, "I live one hour from pavement and one hour from electricity,..." "I drive down and back every year and it's truly an adventure to live down there where I do, because I'm off the grid,..." "I have electricity but it's all solar. I'm completely solar-powered down there. And it makes you pay more attention. It makes you turn the lights off when you're not using them."
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join