It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Original, No Holds Barred - Mississippi Mud!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So, I made Mississippi Mud today and it is something most people think is brownies with some marshmallow creme mixed in - so I thought I would share with everyone the original Mississippi Mud. It is my families favorite for special occasions, holidays and the like, and with a woman's love of chocolate and valentines day coming up I decided now would be a wonderful time to share one of my all time favorites!

I wasn't thinking and didn't grab the camera until after we were cutting pieces of it to eat, so I don't have pictures stage by stage..but I did eventually grab the camera, and here is the end result.. not the prettiest in the world, but definitely the richest and most delicious for all you chocolate lovers!

So what this is, is a dense rich cake on the bottom, then it has a layer of melted marshmallow creme, then a layer of chocolate icing..

So lets begin with the recipe:

For the Cake Part:

1c. Melted Butter (2 sticks)
2c. Sugar
4 eggs
1 T. Vanilla
1-1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 T. Cocoa Powder
1 c. Chopped Nuts
7 oz. Coconut (either in a bag or a can, doesn't matter)
1 Jar Marshmallow Creme

Using a mixer cream together your melted butter and sugar, then add your eggs one at a time beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla, beat well. Add your flour and cocoa beat well. Then FOLD in (by hand) your nuts and coconut.

Pour into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan and bake for 35 min. at 350 degrees F.

As soon as the cake is done and comes out of the oven drop the marshmallow creme by teaspoonful's all over the cake, then once it is melty spread evenly over the cake...

Allow to cool completely before frosting - about 3 to 3-1/2 hours.

For Frosting:

1 box powdered sugar (or 1/2 bag)
1/2 c. Melted Butter (1 Stick)
1/3 cup (or a little more) of evaporated milk
1/3 c.. Cocoa
1 t. Vanilla

MIx well scraping sides of bowl as you mix.. make it the right consistency.. if you need a bit more powdered sugar or a bit more evaporated milk then use it, this frosting thickens a bit as it sets but not too terribly much, so just make it a nice thick frosting consistency that tastes good - it wont taste powdered sugary but it wont be thin either..

So that is it.. my favorite all time recipe, and a win win for all chocolate loving women out there!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am DROOLING over this! I love this recipe. There's something about the texture and the way the stiffness of the icing gives way to the gooey marshmallow layer and the rich, firm cake layer when you bite into it that makes it irresistible. It's a family favorite of ours, too.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

It is to die for isn't it?

Its been a while since I made this and decided I simply HAD to make it again..

:sigh: I feel better now...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One of the best things to eat on a ... well any day!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA
How does it taste? I have a quart and was wondering before I tried it.

top topics

join