It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What It's Like To Ride 'The Train Of Death' From Mexico To The US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
The ignorance in this thread is mind boggling.
These people are swimming away from the sinking Titanic, you fat cats are the brainwashed rich in the life boats. You don't want to save them, and with good reason - they will sink you.

But to say you don't know why they are leaving is just ignorance, any hardships you think you face are nothing on what the poor of these countries face. These people would rather live on your streets than in their shacks because they are afraid for their families, their loved ones and themselves. The fact they are willing to die to get on that lifeboat should spell it out for you.

I'm not saying save them, because you can't - in order for you to maintain your buoyancy people need to drown. But to say it is their problems caused by their people is just ignorant - I hope the world returns the favor to you (not your people) when you are looking for a lifeboat.

Are you ready to pay for what your people and your government have done?

The Titanic can only hold so many.

And you are operating under the flawed assumption that WE are the reason they are suffering. Did we create their governments? No.

You are also operating under the assumption that their is one pie and it is finite. That is also false.

If what you claim is true, then if I grow my own tomatoes, I am thus stealing those tomatoes from someone else who does not have them. They are a resource and thus wealth. But if I didn't put in the time or effort to grow them, they wouldn't exist in order for to have stolen them. Paradox! Hence, the pie, as it were, is not finite.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I really don't understand why they are so desperate to get to the US. According to the HPI many of the Latin American countries are the happiest places in the world. Why are they leaving in such droves?

The same reason illegals by pass European states with higher standards of living and come to the UK

We are both soft on illegals and our welfare systems are easily exploited.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Did we create their governments? No.

Well.......to be fair there have been a few governments the USA has fiddled with.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, but not nearly as many as we get people coming here illegally from, and what's China's excuse?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Of course not.

UK hasn't meddles ib China affairs since the 1890's and we get lots of illegals from there.

So no there is so excuse for a alot of the USA illegal problems.

But I would be sympathetic to a couple of country that the USA has amde worse.

Same way as UK has been sympathetic to certain immigration groups who country's we screwed up......
edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join