It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What It's Like To Ride 'The Train Of Death' From Mexico To The US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The courageous journey many make every year from Southern Mexico, is a testament of how desperate people are to risk their lives and their families lives in hope of reaching the United States.

Many are fleeing from severely corrupt countries and or violence in its self. The journey is perilous and wrought with danger and risk of abduction from cartels amongst other threats, however, the risk and potential of reaching safety in the US outweighs the hazards the trek Northward has, and the violence, corruption and uncertainty often found in their home countries.

It's an amazing story that gives an inside view into the lives of those who ride the trains of death.

Source

Following the path described in Sonia Nazario's award-winning book "Enrique's Journey," Frankfurter headed to southern Mexico and followed the path north. In six journeys, she rode the treacherous El Tren de la Muerte (The Train of Death), came into contact with the drug cartels, and befriended numerous migrant families, many of whom never made it to the US

I understand that this is an issue. But I also understand that these people have an urgent need to leave their country. Is it legal for them to enter into the US, no. Are there many implications and possible hardships Americans will face for them being here, possibly.

There's no longer any separation, everyone has been fleeced to some degree, although some more than others. Your either rich or poor and the divide is widening. It's not a battle between the poor because the majority are. It's not the innocent people who are allowed to break the law, this in my opinion keeps us off the heels of those in power who utilize these tactics to blindside us with polarization, keeping the division hot while they build their escape. This strategy keeps the poor barking at each other, stirring the cauldron so as not to bring to light their devious grasp and control.

When the light shines on them, they polarize us, so we bicker and point fingers amongst ourselves, while they continue to work in the shadow that clouds the people's mind with self bickering.

Hopefully one day the light stays on, and the poor come together classless, to unite against the illusion so many believe, that grips our mind and holds us hostage to image projected by the lawless.

Anyways hope you enjoy the article.

edit on 7-2-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The 'Train of 'Death', huh? Like it is somehow heroic to invade the borders of a sovereign nation? No country would put up with foreign invaders illegally crossing into their country.

There are completely legal ways to enter the US and none of them involve the chance of dying. How about starting your life in your new country by not breaking their laws?

I am sure it is an interesting read, but that doesn't make these people noble or righteous. They are criminals.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really don't understand why they are so desperate to get to the US. According to the HPI many of the Latin American countries are the happiest places in the world. Why are they leaving in such droves?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They can't deal with the mess their own people caused, so they think it's acceptable to sponge off of another country. I know, I know, little kids, refugees, the drug war. Why does America have to pick up the pieces for everybody else? Instead of them blaming us they should throw out the corrupt ones in their own freaking countries.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They're used to having government take care of them. They are not nations of alphas who think and do for themselves.

Personally I am about to the point where I think they should all come here, and those of us with the gumption (and firearms) to do it, ought to pick up, lock stock and barrel, and go take over their hell-hole countries and take them for ourselves and make something of them. And they can't come back.

(post by stirling removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

There is a point.

We cannot accept and fix the life of everyone in the world. We can't even take care of our own. So where does it stop?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You pay for them. Their own leaders are irresponsible gangsters (much like ours) and our economy isn't in good shape to begin with. We can't even provide enough opportunities for our own citizens but we accept everyone to live off the taxpayers.

You bring up a lot of good points in other threads but I disagree with above. Technically Americans could do the same thing since our country's going to crap, but luckily many here know better, that standing up is better than leaving it behind for others to deal with.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If laws really mattered, then I'm sure there'd be many elite criminals in prison. However, it's becoming more apparent that laws are meant for the common folk, not the rich and affluent.

Our own politicians are sold out to corporate interests and lobbyists. How many laws are broken daily by those meant to serve us, or internationally in the name of peace. We abide by the law as they break it, then prosecute us in the name of justice. Really? Law and justice is a joke, it's meant to protect the wealthy and keep the peons in line.

Don't get me wrong, we need law and order, but law and order provided by institutions and government that abide by it themselves. The poor and helpless are used to propagate a continual profit for criminal enterprises, and if you don't obey they put you in prison where they still profit.

The game is rigged, if you abide by the law they find ways to make you a criminal. Whether you abide or not they profit, pretty nice racquet.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Yes, it is rigged. And this flood of illegals they are going to amnesty is the latest round in the war against us. So why should we be all accepting of our death as a nation again?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You pay for them. Their own leaders are irresponsible gangsters (much like ours) and our economy isn't in good shape to begin with. We can't even provide enough opportunities for our own citizens but we accept everyone to live off the taxpayers.

You bring up a lot of good points in other threads but I disagree with above. Technically Americans could do the same thing since our country's going to crap, but luckily many here know better, that standing up is better than leaving it behind for others to deal with.

Now that's a crock of crap....Americans don't stand up...they cow tow to the money and everyone else take the hindmost....
If Americans stood for the constitution, bill of rights, and the welfare of the people we would not be in the penury that our dear feeders put us in today....
Man up Amerika....Your corporations impoverish the third world unfairly, imorrally, and illegally, yet YOU CRY WHEN THE VICTIMS COME SEEKING SHELTER FROM YOUR PERVERTED ABUSES....
pOINT IS IF THESE PEOPLE WERENT EXPLOITED BY THE FIRST WORLD THEY WOULD RATHER STAY HOME!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is no war, it's BS. BS pushed by outside interests with an agenda to keep everyone divided.

It's only the death of a nation if you believe it, I don't. The narrative pushed would have us believe that, however, I choose not to.

I'm not going to let my decisions or perspectives be guided by individuals attempting to keep the poor and lower class at war, one that doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They can't deal with the mess their own people caused, so they think it's acceptable to sponge off of another country. I know, I know, little kids, refugees, the drug war. Why does America have to pick up the pieces for everybody else? Instead of them blaming us they should throw out the corrupt ones in their own freaking countries.

Lol yeah because the U.S. doesn't meddle in anyone politics. Your foreign policy is total isolationist. And geez these filthy illegals just want to steal ur jabs, and steal ur welfare. Muck muck muck....

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetallicusLike it is somehow heroic to invade the borders of a sovereign nation? No country would put up with foreign invaders illegally crossing into their country.

Nation states are an outdated concept that will, eventually, die away to continental unions. Borders are an abomination to the natural rights of man.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I used to prescribe to Nativism as well until I traveled through countries like Honduras and Guatemala I couldn't help but become more sympathetic to those fleeing the conditions there.

If it makes Americans feel better they are also fleeing into Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Iw wouldn't mind living in either of those myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

In the materialist mind their is no such thing "As an ugly old rich man"

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: MetallicusLike it is somehow heroic to invade the borders of a sovereign nation? No country would put up with foreign invaders illegally crossing into their country.

Nation states are an outdated concept that will, eventually, die away to continental unions. Borders are an abomination to the natural rights of man.

Without borders and laws, any pedophile, murderer, thief, diseased person etc can just waltz right on over. I doubt that any of the thousands of people who have lost loved ones because of an illegal being here would agree with you. Without borders, anyone can come through without a health or background check.

All Countries have borders and laws for a very good reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The ignorance in this thread is mind boggling.
These people are swimming away from the sinking Titanic, you fat cats are the brainwashed rich in the life boats. You don't want to save them, and with good reason - they will sink you.

But to say you don't know why they are leaving is just ignorance, any hardships you think you face are nothing on what the poor of these countries face. These people would rather live on your streets than in their shacks because they are afraid for their families, their loved ones and themselves. The fact they are willing to die to get on that lifeboat should spell it out for you.

I'm not saying save them, because you can't - in order for you to maintain your buoyancy people need to drown. But to say it is their problems caused by their people is just ignorant - I hope the world returns the favor to you (not your people) when you are looking for a lifeboat.

Are you ready to pay for what your people and your government have done?

edit on 9-2-2015 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

IMy beef is not with the illegals crossing, they are exercising survival instincts. My beef is with those that exploit them and want others to pick up the tab like Cruz.

Here is an idea, make the employers that relocated to third world countries and China be required to sell their widgets to the workers they employ only as well as local citizens.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I used to prescribe to Nativism as well until I traveled through countries like Honduras and Guatemala I couldn't help but become more sympathetic to those fleeing the conditions there.

If it makes Americans feel better they are also fleeing into Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Iw wouldn't mind living in either of those myself.

I don't care if they come here seeking a better life so long as they follow the law to do it legally. A respect for the laws of the land you are coming to indicates a respect for the customs and traditions of the land you are coming which indicates that you are willing to become an actual citizen of that land and put aside your old allegiances.

You know. Really BE one of us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join