It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you shop for name brand clothing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh dear, seems I'm the odd one out here, but oh well.

I love my named brand stuff! My favourites in my wardrobe are Armani, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Versace and there's a few bits of D&G up there I think. But they are also mixed in with other stuff from George at Asda and stuff from Charity shops, which the golden rules always apply. 'Never spend over £1 on an item!'

Just because someone has a favourite designer or two, doesn't make them dumb. I don't follow the latest fashion trends, I just buy what I like and suits me.

But thanks for judging me. Guess you'll have to avoid contact with me now as well.

*Slinks off to sit in the naughty corner*

edit on 7-2-2015 by MissBeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Dedicated Follower Of Fashion

In matters of the cloth he is as fickle as can be!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It looks to me like for most of us, if we are inclined to favor a brand, it seems to be in the matter of footwear. But that's not surprising. If your shoes don't fit your feet right, then it causes you all kinds of trouble. And there really are big differences in how different brands of shoes tend to be put together and fit people of differing foot types.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Second hand jeans, jean jackets and shirts are my preference....shoes I buy are whatever fits in my second hand size....
The name brand thing is passe and has been for a long time ive never even considered it in my lifetime....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Blue jeans and black cotton t-shirt most of the time. An all purpose jacket from American Eagle.

Everything else in my closet is resale or thrift store...some brand names but it's just by happenstance.

The only "brand loyalty" I ever had was to two companies:

Levi's (when they were still made in America) and Doc Martens when they were still made in the UK.

Sadly, I've had to forgo both these options since they became outrageously mass produced and quality began to suffer.

The heartbreaking day when I couldn't wear the newer ladies Doc's because they're now considered "fashion statements" instead of durable all purpose work boots still weighs heavily on my heart. The new runs simply don't break in like the originals and pinch like the damned dickens.

Been trying to break in a new pair for about five years now with no progress. Mean little things. Beautiful craftsmanship, don't get me wrong - but the leather is of a different quality than the Originals and stubborn as all hell. So it goes.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

i never buy clothes with brand names printed on them , if they want me to advertise their clothing they should pay me .

I have never understood why people pay high prices for clothing just because of a brand name when you can buy other none branded goods cheaper and of good quality .

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I wear solid colors; blouses, t-shirts, sweaters, skirts, knee length dresses, maxi dresses, short and long coats; whatever looks good on me. One style of clothing you won't see me in very often (except at the gym) is pants...I prefer dresses and skirts.

As for wearing designer labels...I don't seek them out...but every once in a while I am drawn to a particular garment and it happens to be a designer label..if it is affordable for my pocket book at the time; I buy it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Closest thing to name brand I buy is wranglers for work.

Other than that i look for comfort first durability second.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not me. But I do like things that are not ugly as most of what I see is. Keep a folder with beautiful tops and creative clothing, artistic colors, from some of my favorite shows. For example, last night on Grimm, Monroe and his wife were wearing this wonderful artistically printed, aprons, matching pair. So I nabbed that. I see fashion as not needing to be plain jane either. But instead, want to get into silk screening my own fabric and creating things. Even 2 of my sons are interested.

Life is supposed to be beautiful, but that doesnt truly come with a label, but inspiration and creativity.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you count "Thrift Shop" as a name brand..
I'm guilty.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Italian designers only (Versace mostly). None of my shirts and suits have gone out of style and since I take care of them they have all lasted.

Men's style is easier than women's, a bunch of basic-colored suits and shirts will always been in style as long as you are not wearing something absurd like a 4 or 5 button jacket, ridiculous lapels or excessive pleats.

edit on 7-2-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You men have it way easier. That being said, women always can wear a classic black dress and look stunning., no matter how long she's had it. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

You men have it way easier. That being said, women always can wear a classic black dress and look stunning., no matter how long she's had it.

Very true. But I will get my wife some couture if it is a bit more classic in design, she tends to like black so that is always easy.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Depending of course on the quality of said "little black dress".

If you're anything like my Mrs, it wont remain black enough to suit your taste indefinitely.

I keep telling my partner dye them back to jet black yet still new iterations miraculously appear in our wardrobe as if almost by magic. Then the credit card bill also appears.

Such is life!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I only get New Balance shoes, they feel the best. Maybe it is because they have size 15EEEE shoes, maybe it is because they feel good. They just happen to not have latex in them, I feel more comfortable in non-latex stuff for some reason. Cartharts clothes are also latex free.

So I have this funny hunch I buy clothes that do not contain latex, especially the underwears and socks. It doesn't make a difference which brand they are. I cannot even get latex gloves on my hands, I get all anxious when I try and tear them off and throw them on the floor. To my surprise, when I tried non latex gloves I had no problem putting them on. How can I tell is the big question. I never knew I was allergic to latex because I instinctively always bought clothes that were latex free. If the underwear had latex in them, I avoided using them. I wondered why I had a drawer full of underwear and only wore the same four or five pair all the time. How do we know?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, work suits from M&S. I do a lot of long-distance hiking, so don’t skimp. Paramo, Meindl, Berghaus, Craghoppers and so on.

Regards

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Us poor folk just have to steal what ever is out on the washing line these days and since the tumble dryer got popular things have been hard

Seriously i have brand new suit's that i have never worn $ 20k easy of good clothes i used to spend way to much on clothes when i was younger ,but buy cheap , buy twice - i expect my gear to last 10 + years - i probably have shirts older than some members and the still look ok

If you would like to scrimp on clothes and get free food check this man's fashion tips

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 7/2/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dungarees rock big time!!, im looking for a pair, ive got my mother tralling the charity shops and car boot sales!, so far she is failing her mission!, they seem rarer than rocking horse sh#t!!
All the best.
B. V. H
a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't have anything name brand. I haven't been able to afford it in years.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don''t care for name brands..It's the style I look for.Currently I wear helix,and Arizona jeans..Also got a lot of camo clothing..:]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join