It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vs USA: World War 3

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Great post!

I don’t know if you mentioned the US encircling Russia by sighing up all those countries in NATO that surround Russia.

The Russians for whatever reason gave up the cold war, and not to say they are saintly but to me it seems the world could have been entering a new era of peace had it not been for 911 and the new American aggression towards Russia.

And we all know who REALLY likely did 911 don’t we?

And we all know who supports Israel on every crime they do

And now the US aggressors are playing with the ultimate fire--nuclear war by riling up Russia

What the war on Terror wasn’t enough for your Military Industrial complex?

You need the cold again turning into a hot war

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I'm going to answer the whu for you. The Reason the west is involved is in the 21st century we can't have countries bully others and take there territory. The days of taking countries by force ended in world War 2. However Putin is really working hard to resurrect that. Who would have thought another dictator would try to take over there neighbors.

The difference this time is simple Germans were a head of other countries in military tech and there really wasn't a way to stop Hitler. However this time Putin miscalculated the west can easily tip the balance in a conflict. Ironic that the one who's going after Putin the most is german how times change.

But here's to hoping Putin stays focused on the US and continues to ignore Germany trust me she's going to hurt Putin. And he better take her threat seriously.

I agree with much of what you've said, but I have to say I'm not sure Germany is really a leader in this.

The only reason Merkel and Hollande are heading up the peace talks is because they both have financial and economic interest in dealing with Russia, and neither public has an appetite for war. France has a very expensive shipping contract with Russia that it has been forced to put on hold because of the invasion. France cannot justify selling war ships to Putin when he's invading other countries.

Germany has a lot of gas coming from Russia, and it cannot simply replace that with a US deal overnight. Merkel also knows all about war, and the German people have little appetite for it. She REALLY doesn't want to be in a position to be making loud statements about aggressors and threats to Europe. She's been a leading force in European unity for pretty much all of her political career, and to see the risk of a European war in her lifetime would feel almost like a personal failure for Germany.

Merkel and Hollande will do everything they can to smooth things over, probably going so far as to hand the East of Ukraine to Russia. There's already talk of a "buffer zone" around the stolen regions, which would ultimately be admitting defeat and the loss of East Ukraine to Russia. I don't think the US or Ukraine is going to go with that kind of deal.

I personally think we'll see a long and protracted proxy war in Ukraine. It's terrible for the people there, but it's inevitable. The US is likely to start sending weapons, and Russia is likely to expand its invasion of the country.

If Russia targets any other nation assisting Ukraine, all bets are off. I don't think it will overtly happen that way (we're not likely to see a US ship arriving to deliver weapons and being targeted by Russian military), but this could escalate quickly into a regional skirmish with the US and Russia around Ukraine.

I would say that it's worth ignoring all the people screaming "Nuclear war is coming!!!!!"
There are a thousand and one things that would need to happen before any leader would be willing to even contemplate pushing the button.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I don’t know if you mentioned the US encircling Russia by sighing up all those countries in NATO that surround Russia.

Hmm, lets see, why would nations feel the need to have NATO protection if Russia is such a lovely, fluffy bunny?
You seem to have the misguided belief that nations are forced into becoming NATO members, when in reality NATO is a result of a PARTNERSHIP between nations who want to defend each other as allies.

It seems to me that Russia is just upset that it's been exposed as being the bully in the playground and all the geeky kids have armed themselves to the teeth to stop him from beating on them.

originally posted by: Willtell
The Russians for whatever reason gave up the cold war, and not to say they are saintly but to me it seems the world could have been entering a new era of peace had it not been for 911 and the new American aggression towards Russia.

The new American aggression - which caused Putin to invade another country and start a war with a neighbour it already had a close partnership with.

If NATO is such a baddie, why has Putin handed them all the excuse and justification they needed for their existence?

Putin has basically proven that NATO is absolutely needed, more so now than ever before. He's basically proven to the world and any potential doubters that NATO was the right thing to do.

By invading Ukraine Putin has done nothing but weaken Russia, strengthen NATO and lose all the friends it had in former Soviet states, not to mention threaten Europe (major trading partners) and threaten the US too.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Russia does not want nuclear war. It is simply jockeying for position in the new world order, pushing for as much territory as it can now that the United States and western Europe have both atrophied in terms of power and global influence. Putin knows exactly how far he can go and how much he can grab without triggering war. And there is really nothing that the West can or should do about it. Putin is out to make it clear that Russia is the biggest and the baddest of the new world superpowers. And he will succeed, at the expense of Russia's nearest European neighbors. He is a real monster.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Echtelion:

Russia is not interested in the mass-killing of a hundred millions in North America.

I agree. However, it doesn't mean they will not attack the US mainland if they felt they had the cause to do so. Remember, the sanctions against Russia are being led by the US and the UK, and I will maintain that the sanctions are something to watch, especially the impact they have on the Russian economy. With these sanctions and increasing support for the Ukraine, more now from a humanitarian perspective, the West is inviting Russia to bite and lash out.

The following are news items for today's BBC website...

www.bbc.co.uk...

and in response...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Russia is not in the least bit afraid of going to war against the US. Europe will once again be the theatre where it will start. Putin will not stand idly by while the US sends arms and advisors to the Ukraine. Things are hotting up, but we're not quite there yet. Putin doesn't want a war with the US, but he won't allow Russia to back down a second time.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I have to just throw this out there with all the WW3 stuff... I have technical reasons for believing what I do, i could go on for pages in regards to the Technologies and expenditures adding up and missing money and that would do nothing but spur endless debate and side track things.

Instead, by action and behavior and desperate measure and internal changes

What I see is that America is pulling a rope a dope

I think by behavior we wish to instigate a situation without being overt about it by which our "enemies" particularly the Russians launch a surprise offensive and by launch I mean launch and we already have the means to make it useless, i'm not talking about our tradition missile defense, for starters 99% of what the Russians have is unshielded, if you could hit the electronics as example they all go plop into the ocean...

The defense stuff is a distraction it's meant to target incoming strays and low flyers and things "not icbm" but i'd put money down that with a higher black budget than Russia has a defense budget entirely... we have a way and that's why we are pircking them off...

You know if you eliminate the impossible what you have left no matter how improbable....

Our behavior makes no sense, martial law setups in the home land KGB like internal security, mass information monitoring, occupying forces to some degree on almost every country on Earth except the "big shots" then needling those big shots continually, practically goading them...

aside from the numbers, huge black budget and all, secret underground bases as if planning for some nuke strikes to maybe happen, missing TRILLIONS.... we are basically just "asking for it" lol pivoting to China antagonizing Russias borders

Te Pentagon having gone "insane" is not an option these guys aren't dummies. maybe a lot of politicians are but those guys they have "plans"

The only remaining answer no matter how "improbable" is that we want them to attack

And there is only one reason we would want that, that is we at least believe we have the ability to smack that attack right down and waste them... I think the USA is after the Globe entirely

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

well if you wanted to prove your superority and cause great fear of your country totally smacking down a full on launch would do it. anyway since most of their stuff is un shielded a pre emptive emp blast over europe would do it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Obama . . . is a "no war" president.

I already addressed this once, but in light of recent events... Mr. no-war President is urging congress to make room for, what, war. Of course it'll start out small. We won't send too many ground troops, some but not too many. We won't consider it a war, at least not yet. He wants to retire with the legacy of "no-war president", but the reality will be different. His drone strike statistics are extremely high, and he will be the president to launch us into yet another war. Granted, I'm not opposed to taking out the "Islamic State" because they need to go. What I'm saying is that when the next president or two gets all the credit, good and bad, for this war next war (world war?), you and I will know that Obama actually launched it.

Now match that up with where we are with Russia. You think direct military engagement on our part in Syria won't prompt a response from Russia? Maybe not, but I bet that our no-war president's war will rapidly fuel the flames. We may see war with Russia yet.
edit on 2122015 by JohnFisher because: had to include why this is relevant to the OP (3rd paragraph)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join