It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vs USA: World War 3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

MMm nothing like the smell of a mini nuke in the morning. Better keep a eye on their rad meters on their pip boy 3000's

Actually looks liek a MOAB went off or a FAB.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The launch of a nuclear balisic missile would detected almost immediately. This looks like a very power explosion.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aerialsofwar

Is this on ATS?! If this isn't on ATS can someone post a thread about it please. If it is on ATS can someone give me a link? I can't find it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Is this on ATS?! If this isn't on ATS can someone post a thread about it please. If it is on ATS can someone give me a link? I can't find it.
There was a multipage thread going that I was posting in but it has vanished....

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

There was a multipage thread going that I was posting in but it has vanished....

Please try and find it! If not then please can you post a new one?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
a reply to: yuppa

The launch of a nuclear balisic missile would detected almost immediately. This looks like a very power explosion.

Yeah i know. I was making a refrence to FAllout 3 weapon called the mini nuke. Sorry i wasnt clear enough. But that looked liek a MOAB,FAB or some russian equivalant going off. Maybe a daisy cutter AKA blu-50

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
May iI suggest an AIR FUEL bomb?
Pretty big pop no rads.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I know im not really adding any insight but i remember being like seven years old and learning not only that we were going to war with Iraq for Op Desert Storm but also my teacher explaining there were wars going on in Sarejevo, Rwanda, and other places all over the world. I was terrified since I was expecting what i saw in movies, night bombings, soldiers in the street...i was also surprised because i honestly didnt think war existed anymore since I had learned by then how civilization progresses and that plus the fact I didnt see war happening anywhere and being a well traveled kid mweting people from all over the world of every color and religion and developing deep meaningful loving relationships with them I thought we had peace. Which brings me to a rather childish thought but one deserving of consideration nonetheless.How IS it possible to have war in a day and age that our would be soldiers all enjoyed such advanced technology from childhood to present day, technology that makes the world one international neighborhood ans where melting pot communities are the norm? Nationality and ethnicity have become things that enrich our sense of self and territorial pride, not anything in most places that neighboring tribes target because the melting pot idea was as foreign as a Timbuktuese person in Tulsa except in major metropolitan areas and training hubs. So truly, even though the "elite" contrive and control wars, our soldier age people of Russia, the US, China, Iran...they have grown up with plenty of exposure to each other and at least in the US were practically force fed the idea of respecting other peoples (as one should) and at least I can say I dont care how many 0s some dufus' bank account has, if he put a gun in my hands and told me Russians were my enemy or Chinese people, all I can imagine doing is answering, "no they arent, not in the least bit," and lay my weapon down. My God youd have to have a bullet to my mother's head to convince me to even consider shooting a Russian or Chinese person. If you had a gun to MY head to convince me to kill one, Id take death before taking another persons life. My God I love Russians and I love the Chinese. I love their histories, the uniqueness of both of their classic architectures, I love the Russian sense of character building and the Chinese humble and respectful mannerism, and even dumb stuff...I love their foods! And I cant believe Russian or Chinese 18-35 year olds would have anything against a Greek slash American. And propaganda worked to the scale it did once. It wont have the pull it did in WWII which is why they had to go beyond the simple propaganda of the past to the new tool which is false flag ops. And sadly it worked. But were even wiser now. So, yea it may be a dummy's question but how would they get young people who grew up in an international community to begin killing each other on a World War scale? Its a shame not enough people have caught on to the "few runnimg the show" scheme they pull cuz maybe wed tell our leaders "You know, I dont have anything against the Russian people so how about we send you up to Mars now that we "know" theres "no life there" (sorry for quotes thats just not what i believe) and you and your cronies can duke it out with him and his cronies and come back down when you grow up. Cuz they benefit a ton i get it. For a common person though, we dont get one thing out of war even as the victor. Why dont enough people get it. So basically we DONT go to war and everything continues more or less the same or we DO and our lives our destroyed but if we go and WIN...Oh, our lives are destroyed but these eight poor CEOs get a few more billion dollars? Yea not worth my time. But just my thoughts and maybe theyre silly but i myself just dont get hate. Not that kind of hate it takes to fight in a war. I wish every other able bodied person in the US and Russia felt the same

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

If it was a smaller nuke not delivered by a basaltic missile there would be no warning until the thing goes boom.

Yeah... 2am and I have to work tomorrow morning. Not loosing sleep over this or anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
a reply to: Rocker2013

Some good points.

But i think the real test will be when Russia trys the same strategy in a weak NATO country to test article 5.

Then it will be interesting to see how the likes of Merkel and Hollande respond.

Between self interest and commitments to NATO.

Neighbouring NATO members already have an interest in defending Ukraine though, that's something Merkel and Hollande probably won't think much of, but it will be a considerable hurdle should they try to give Russia what the "rebels" want.

I also really don't think this is the entirety of the plan either. Russia has lost so much over this, it just does not make sense to risk all that for just Ukraine, a country it already had extremely close ties with. Other nations know this, and I believe this is why other NATO members are rightly demanding more action. They have their own analysts, think tanks and intelligence, and I do believe they see a much larger expansionist plan than anyone is willing to talk about right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Russia is quite capable of destroying the USA,

Really, the same tired old pro-Russian BS is still being muttered on ATS? You disappoint me.
This doesn't even deserve a response, because you're the equivalent of teenager wanting a p*ssing contest.

something you may have overlooked in your quest for world domination.

My quest for world domination is somewhat stunted by my reluctance to get my behind out of bed in the morning and walk the dog without tripping over his lead.

You shouldn't be arming anyone, period.

I have no intention of arming anyone, unless you consider giving a friend a spoon for his cereal "arming" someone.

You say Putin has invaded another country...ring any bells?

Yes actually, as I pointed out in my post the situation is remarkably similar to what Hitler did. In fact, numerous observers around the world have commented on the remarkable similarities between Hitler and Putin and their actions with respect to solidifying support in their own country and then invading another. Putin seized the largest media companies in Russia from their rightful owners who then had to flee the country - Hitler did the same. Putin attacks all differences from race to sexuality in an effort to appease the religious and empower the violent and ignorant Nationalists - Hitler did the same. Putin invaded another country under the pretext of "defending Russian speakers" - Hitler did the same...

I could go on, but I think I've probably annoyed you with the truth enough for now

Who is going to keep the USA within it's own borders?

I tell you what, when the USA invades Canada and starts killing people while pretending they're "rebels" I'll come back an apologize. Until then, you have absolutely no argument.

We know who to blame for the fiasco in Ukraine, we even know how much it cost.

No, you want to claim that the USA is the "mastermind" behind events in Ukraine, trying to convince us that the US managed to convince hundreds of thousands of UKRAINIAN people to march against their corrupt pro-Russian puppet leader. You want to claim that the snipers were American, and you want to claim that everything was "orchestrated" by foreign powers. The reality, of course, is that this is conspiracy theory BS, with no evidence to back it up, and no plausibility.

If we "know who is to blame", tell me why there are Russian troops, Russian tanks, Russian weapons all across East Ukraine. You can try to blame everyone but Russia all you like, take your propaganda BS elsewhere because only complete idiots would be falling for it.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I wonder if this has anything to do with Putin not selling out to the Rothschild's ? Considering they really run America and most of the world. Putin recently allegedly saying he will have Rothchilds arrested if they enter Russia.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Let me clear up a few misconceptions, if I may.

Really, the same tired old pro-Russian BS is still being muttered on ATS? You disappoint me.

This doesn't even deserve a response, because you're the equivalent of teenager wanting a p*ssing contest.

To be honest it is you that wants the pissing contest. I made that statement about Russia's capability to remind you that in your rush to inflame the situation you might have forgotten that Russia isn't one of those middle eastern countries that the USA likes to use as cannon fodder. I am not pro Russian, just pro sanity.

My quest for world domination is somewhat stunted by my reluctance to get my behind out of bed in the morning and walk the dog without tripping over his lead.

You would be better sticking to that, rather than mouthing off in an internet forum supporting the idea of sending arms anywhere.

Yes actually, as I pointed out in my post the situation is remarkably similar to what Hitler did. In fact, numerous observers around the world have commented on the remarkable similarities between Hitler and Putin and their actions with respect to solidifying support in their own country and then invading another. Putin seized the largest media companies in Russia from their rightful owners who then had to flee the country - Hitler did the same. Putin attacks all differences from race to sexuality in an effort to appease the religious and empower the violent and ignorant Nationalists - Hitler did the same. Putin invaded another country under the pretext of "defending Russian speakers" - Hitler did the same...

There is no comparison between Putin and Hitler other than the drivel coming from the MSM and USA mouthpieces. The only country that has been doing any invading recently is the USA. Should I make a list of the odious accomplishments? How many dead? Hang your head.

I tell you what, when the USA invades Canada and starts killing people while pretending they're "rebels" I'll come back an apologize. Until then, you have absolutely no argument.

I wasn't so concerned about Canada. Are you implying that Russia has spent billions undermining the Canadian government in order to facilitate regime change and set up a base on your borders? I was more concerned about all the other places the USA has invaded, I won't even go into all the other stuff.

No, you want to claim that the USA is the "mastermind" behind events in Ukraine, trying to convince us that the US managed to convince hundreds of thousands of UKRAINIAN people to march against their corrupt pro-Russian puppet leader. You want to claim that the snipers were American, and you want to claim that everything was "orchestrated" by foreign powers. The reality, of course, is that this is conspiracy theory BS, with no evidence to back it up, and no plausibility.

Over a decade and 5 billion dollars...and all the plausibility in the world. Don't tell me what I want to claim...I'll tell you.

The only nation wanting to escalate this situation is the USA.

edit on 9-2-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah right. Obama's stratagy of economic sanctions have been doing a pretty good job of pressuring Putin/ Russia right now. You probably don't believe anything you don't read on PrisonPlanet, but in reality, Russia is hurting more now than any military action would inflict. Military action would only serve to rile up the Russian people into a phony patriotic fervor. Squeezing Russia's money bags is getting much further that any saber rattling. Obama's stong enough not to flex our military muscles all the time, like some cartoon character from Texas. He knows money rules the world, not bullets. Why you so anxious to spend more American lives?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: stosh64

MMm nothing like the smell of a mini nuke in the morning. Better keep a eye on their rad meters on their pip boy 3000's

Actually looks liek a MOAB went off or a FAB.

Yeah, I'd highly doubt Russia or any nation would use a tactical nuke as those isotopes can be traced. I think a MOAB or FOAB are absolutely reasonable, however. Just one could knock out a battalion but if it was the case, I just don't think could hide the carnage.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would imagine most posters know by now that the large explosion on Sunday in Donestk was artillery fire hitting a chemical plant, no nuke, mini or otherwise, no MOAB or any other form of fuel air bomb, although the consequence of the artillery shells gave a good impression of a MOAB.

Will Russia and the US ever truly go to war? It depends on what type of war you mean. Both countries are currently engaged in a form of economic war, and Putin, probably now views the sanctions as payment for the Ukraine, and may well feel entitled to flatten the country into submission. Not through all-out war, but by attrition.

Moscow views the the concept of the NWO as unsuitable for Russia. They'll be some aspects it would like to take on, but submission to foreign minds and voices will not benefit Russia at all, if indeed it will benefit any country?

Something has to be done. The delegation that went to Moscow was probably doing the bidding of the NWO, to see if Putin is ready to see sense, but he would have had conditions of his own. Meanwhile, the Ukraine continues to be bombarded.

There is no way Putin can allow the Ukraine to sneak under the NATO umbrella, and I do not doubt for a second that he will go to war over the country, if necessary. In fact, he has two reasons why war with the US might be inevitable, one is the Ukraine, and the other are the sanctions.

Putin knows that while the sanctions remain in place, he and Russia get weaker, while the West remains impervious with impunity to what Putin will view as the West's fault. He is playing a waiting game, because he knows the West can only maintain sanctions up to a point, where Russia might start to destabilise and spiral towards utter economic collapse. That is the point the West is waiting and watching for. At that point, Putin will lash out as he will have nothing to lose, and Russian propaganda will ensure the Russian people fully understand that it was all the West's fault. So if the West thinks it can take down Russia (which it can), Russia will certainly take a massive chunk of the West (especially America) with it...which it can, be under no illusion.

Putin will not go down and leave America intact and as strong as ever. He will weaken American military so that a massive mainland invasion could take place by other countries not favourable to America. Europe won't be around to back America up, as what Europeans remain surviving will be wandering around a wasteland of radiated rubble, diseased corpses, and totally dazed and confused.

Putin will certainly ensure that many of America's big cities will be taken out, and you are talking tens of millions of people. Of course, Russia will no longer exist, but they will have done the job. Just to ensure further, America's loneliness, a few well-placed Russian nukes on Canada, will keep them busy and well-occupied for a few years.

Basically, the point being made here, is that some countries should never go to war with each other. Russia and America being the main two.
edit on 9/2/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TechUnique

Obama will back down so fast, he'll trip over his own feet.
He's proven to be a bag of wind and that's all he'll ever be. He'll still be planning a strategy when Putin walks in the front door of the White House and kicks him out of his chair.

Very childish post indeed! Obama, in my reading is a "no war" president. He finished off two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and provided only air force help in Libya, did not escalate in Syria and is using only sanctions in Ukraine.

Why should US get involved in Ukraine? Even in ME against ISIS, US should only be involved in name only. Local air forces of Saudi (#5 in global rank), UAE, Jordan are more than sufficient to conduct bombings on the ISIS locations.

Hats off to Obama for playing it wisely in "war theater" geopolitics. Bottomline, is Obama being black is hard to be appreciated by people an that is a fact of life sadly.

Any ways, well done Mr. O on several issues !!

How did one disagreeing with Obama's foreign strategy involve an Iota of race?

I don't understand how your post got any stars.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

You don't think that there is anyone stupid enough to push that big red button? Look at the state of the world as it stands and then reconsider that notion.

There's reasons to doubt the wisdom of current NATO/US bureaucrats, compared to 25 years ago. The fear of M.A.D. is far from being as serious among them as it used to be, or so it seems. Just look at people like John McCain and Victoria Nuland. Or even worse their Ukrainian colleagues who are totally okay with mass-killing Russians.

They've been playing with fire quite a few times... they even came close to provoking a nuclear war during the war on Yugoslavia by ordering an attack on Russian troops in Kosovo. There are neo-fascist people in the current administration who seem to be completely nihilistic about any nuclear outbreak.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
I would imagine most posters know by now that the large explosion on Sunday in Donestk was artillery fire hitting a chemical plant, no nuke, mini or otherwise, no MOAB or any other form of fuel air bomb, although the consequence of the artillery shells gave a good impression of a MOAB.

Will Russia and the US ever truly go to war? It depends on what type of war you mean. Both countries are currently engaged in a form of economic war, and Putin, probably now views the sanctions as payment for the Ukraine, and may well feel entitled to flatten the country into submission. Not through all-out war, but by attrition.

Moscow views the the concept of the NWO as unsuitable for Russia. They'll be some aspects it would like to take on, but submission to foreign minds and voices will not benefit Russia at all, if indeed it will benefit any country?

Something has to be done. The delegation that went to Moscow was probably doing the bidding of the NWO, to see if Putin is ready to see sense, but he would have had conditions of his own. Meanwhile, the Ukraine continues to be bombarded.

There is no way Putin can allow the Ukraine to sneak under the NATO umbrella, and I do not doubt for a second that he will go to war over the country, if necessary. In fact, he has two reasons why war with the US might be inevitable, one is the Ukraine, and the other are the sanctions.

Putin knows that while the sanctions remain in place, he and Russia get weaker, while the West remains impervious with impunity to what Putin will view as the West's fault. He is playing a waiting game, because he knows the West can only maintain sanctions up to a point, where Russia might start to destabilise and spiral towards utter economic collapse. That is the point the West is waiting and watching for. At that point, Putin will lash out as he will have nothing to lose, and Russian propaganda will ensure the Russian people fully understand that it was all the West's fault. So if the West thinks it can take down Russia (which it can), Russia will certainly take a massive chunk of the West (especially America) with it...which it can, be under no illusion.

Putin will not go down and leave America intact and as strong as ever. He will weaken American military so that a massive mainland invasion could take place by other countries not favourable to America. Europe won't be around to back America up, as what Europeans remain surviving will be wandering around a wasteland of radiated rubble, diseased corpses, and totally dazed and confused.

Putin will certainly ensure that many of America's big cities will be taken out, and you are talking tens of millions of people. Of course, Russia will no longer exist, but they will have done the job. Just to ensure further, America's loneliness, a few well-placed Russian nukes on Canada, will keep them busy and well-occupied for a few years.

Basically, the point being made here, is that some countries should never go to war with each other. Russia and America being the main two.

Russia is not interested in the mass-killing of a hundred millions in North America. They'll be targeting the evil, corrupt, criminal establishment and its military infrastructure first and foremost if they ever attack with nukes and other doomsday devices. WHICH MEANS THAT ANYONE WILLING TO AVOID BEING PART OF THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE MAY WANT TO GET AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM CRITICAL POWER SPOTS IN THE MAINLAND US AND ABROAD. Safest spot I can think of, to that regards, is the upper Appalachians and maybe southern Florida, Baha California.

The intelligentsia promoting a depopulation agenda aren't to be found on the Russian, but American side, and that's a fact no one here can deny.

...and considering the several warnings that came from Russia against a nuclear conflict, that'd be ridiculous they're at the same time hoping for it to happen.
edit on 9/2/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Russia is quite capable of destroying the USA, something you may have overlooked in your quest for world domination.

You may want to look at this...

www.globalfirepower.com... es

So I seriously doubt that they could.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join