It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vs USA: World War 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I had to compile a video about the latest developments, things are getting out of hand quickly!

Personally, I can't see how this won't result in nuclear war. Some would argue that the cold war never ended. Either way this is certainly not good news..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

While bad no one is stupid enough to push the button.
Didn't happen in the cuban missile crisis won't happen now.
But I think it will be a different country backing down this time.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You don't think that there is anyone stupid enough to push that big red button? Look at the state of the world as it stands and then reconsider that notion.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The only person who will would be a religious nut attempting to prove their versipn of armaggeddon.
You vote people like that in and I will entertain nuclear war.
Again no nation would do it...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The only person who will would be a religious nut attempting to prove their versipn of armaggeddon.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless, this doesn't look like its calming down anytime soon and the ramifications of a USA vs Russia situation are almost unthinkable.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Just to add I think one may go off a an terrorist attack but not a country v country exchange.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Obama will back down so fast, he'll trip over his own feet.
He's proven to be a bag of wind and that's all he'll ever be. He'll still be planning a strategy when Putin walks in the front door of the White House and kicks him out of his chair.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They are currently working on a solution to the issue with Ukraine,despite the USA's protests and wanting to arm them,it seems we are getting voted down I think at the UN.The European countries don't want this war in their back yard.I don't blame them.This is a war all over resources and shrinking Russia. It never should have been started,but they have been working up to this for quite a while. If we get overruled at the UN,I only hope that we abide by that and don't pull another Iraq.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Personally, I can't see how this won't result in nuclear war.

Putin apparently isn't interested in war.

Russia's Putin says will not wage war on anyone

Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday Russia did not plan to wage war on anyone although a world order where one leader tells others what they can do would not suit Moscow.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Actions speak louder than words and right now the actions of Russia(and the US) speak volumes. I think they do want a war. Even if only to slap the USA for its past grievances. That being said there are probably more sinister and far reaching aims behind all of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if a world war is ushered in as a final step towards a one world government. A nuclear war would get people pretty scared and willing to accept all manner of things. That's just my take anyway, I hope I am wrong..

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If Nukes start to fly on Earth, only one nation will be responsible for it.

However I don't wish to derail the thread so you'll have to guess who has a leader and persecution complex big enough to flip the switch and press the button.
Well 2 now that I think about it... But the 2nd is a lot of Western HotAir and unsubstantiated threats.

The other delivers the Samson Option.

The U.S. & Russia know the consequences of Nuclear War...

& it's not Hiroshima-Nagasaki standards of destruction...

It goes way beyond only one country being capable of a few launches...

We are talking about 6 (or more) Major Nations who have hundreds if not thousands ready, that are many times the power of those dropped at the latter stages of WWII.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
somnambulates

mumbles

stalemate
is a long time
between moves

# 365

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Obama will back down so fast, he'll trip over his own feet.
He's proven to be a bag of wind and that's all he'll ever be. He'll still be planning a strategy when Putin walks in the front door of the White House and kicks him out of his chair.

Very childish post indeed! Obama, in my reading is a "no war" president. He finished off two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and provided only air force help in Libya, did not escalate in Syria and is using only sanctions in Ukraine.

Why should US get involved in Ukraine? Even in ME against ISIS, US should only be involved in name only. Local air forces of Saudi (#5 in global rank), UAE, Jordan are more than sufficient to conduct bombings on the ISIS locations.

Hats off to Obama for playing it wisely in "war theater" geopolitics. Bottomline, is Obama being black is hard to be appreciated by people an that is a fact of life sadly.

Any ways, well done Mr. O on several issues !!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

You taught me a word!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Historical facts tell us one and only one nation has and will use them.

Outside of that there is only conjecture.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If there is a war itll be by proxy.....russia and usa have done it before...and I do think we will see a proxy war.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
I had to compile a video about the latest developments, things are getting out of hand quickly!

To be honest I'm not sure why you think things are happening 'quickly'. On Feb. 21, 2014 Yanukovych fled the country and 5 days later Russia started flooding Crimea with troops.

It's getting close to a year now since Russia began it's invasion of Ukraine. It's about the slowest invasion I've ever read about. The EU and US have been amazingly patient for a year now. It's it such a surprise they are running out of patience with Russia taking over parts of every country on their border?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Russia repeatedly entering the air space of NATO countries is escalating quicker and quicker. They get warned about it, then a day later they do it somewhere else, then they come back the the UK and do it. To be honest I meant WW3 is escalating quickly, but that's just my opinion.

You know, world war 3 forum, and world war 3 in the title of the thread?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Every country does that and have been doing it for years and years.
Just keeping everyone on their toes.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
google 'Russian planes Scandinavia'. there are multiple incidents like this

www.adn.com...

apparently the Russkies are throwing their weight around. may not be a precursor to invasion but certainly a bad sign.

lower oil could provoke desperation on Vlad's part.

we live in interesting times...
will NATO / 'The West' stand up to a full-scale invasion of Ukraine? I'm guessing no.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join