It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Favorite Primitive Weapons!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I love my bows and arrows! This one is by far my favorite. Bearpaw Slick Stick, 45#@ 28", 58" long, reflex/deflex.

Although it's so short, its design makes it as comfortable to draw and shoot as a 68" flatbow. It's easy to maneuver through the woods as well.
edit on 10-2-2015 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Oh, my goodness…I partially restored a late 17th century wakizashi. It's 350 years old.

It sat around for years with a chipped kissake (.100") and three small nicks (.080") near the middle and end. I did it no harm.

Now it is perfectly continuous with just a trace of the original nicks left as 'nail draggers', for witness marks. The point, the entire sword, it could all probably pass as original shape because the form did not take on the typical diminishing 'taper' by the removal, and the trademark straight lines leading to the point were not lost or blurred. It is evenly dull, and in some places quite blunt, of course, and could be polished to original honor, with no complications. Hamon intact. No flaws. Gunto wrapper. Could have been a shopkeeper's sword. Could have been in a palace or temple. Who can say.

The cross sectional profile needs to be formed as I left everything alone except the edge. I have no clue what the cross section is supposed to be like. Too thin is worse than too thick. Time for a pro, or it just stays this way until…until you look out the window one day and

until RED DAWN!

# 366

edit on 10-2-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Urumi:
    Somewhere from 300 BCE we have the flexible whip sword. Called "the massacre weapon", it was typically more than one blade, sometimes nine. A very dangerous weapon to use, but in a case like "The Walking Dead" I would have to say "checkmate" and now start teaching the kids to read and write you idiot.

One legend tells of a guy who killed like all nine brothers by jumping into the middle of them and dual wielding some Urumi.

Seems like just the thing to helicopter around and clear the yard of walkers. Then maybe those kids could have had some routine in their lives, like reading .... and .. writing. I mean what kind of sheriff doesn't understand the role of school in the lives of children. I may be ranting a bit here.

hella dangerous
    area attack
    no reloads required

Mike Grouchy

<< 1  2  3   >>

join