It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we responsible for our own actions?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
We all learn everday, and know one is wrong or right or right on a topic like this. Mabybe with more studying-who knows!

There is no right or wrong on anything that exist in this universe. Just nearly infinite levels of understanding. Right/Wrong, Good/Evil, Black/White are just ways for our human brain to polarize our universe so that we may better understand it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
if we denied illusion we would all be lost...we would be the aliens

Denying illusion in the sense of refusing to believe in it or trying to destory the illusion?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Sounds to me like they are talking about the Borg. The individuals on the earth are created by God.

If you would have read the article then you would have noticed that we are our own Gods. Nothing seperates us. And in essence, we are all one.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
Because both methods of thought claim that we have evolved from a single being doesn't imply that we are all the same. Researchers work around the clock to analyze DNA coding . . . how can something so small be so complex?

We are complex creatues because we are the universe. The Holographic universe theory as well as Terrence McKennas 'Time Wave Zero' backs this idea. We are complete fragments of the entire universe. Thus picture it like this. Your thumbnail holds the Crab Nebula, The Milky Way, as well as the rest of the universe.

Originally posted by dotgov101
Because we are complex creatures. We examine our own existence, yet fear our inevitable demise.

Demise is a big word. Shouldn't you say something like...transition? Energy is never completely destroyed, only shifted.

[edit on 2/26/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienpyro1
I hate jumping in on a discussion at the very end but I have actually been thinking about this topic a lot. I have some similar beliefs as Sepulchra.

Don't you mean Simulacra?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticOfRadiance
hi simulacra, your level of understanding of anything improves with your level of consciousness or the level of evolution or development etc you have attained.

But we have no control of our level of evolution or development which is based on certain factors that exist in our universe, from where you were raised, what your mother was eating when she gave birth to you...all the way to the big bang.

souls have consciousness whereas planets etc dont.

Why not? Plants are a living organism. Whats the prerequiste of obtaining a soul? And if we had no concept of soul, would we still have one? I think not.

animals have to abide to rules just as everyone else, that has consciousness does.

Animals have consciousness? Then why is it that our consciousness, our rule system that humans created prevail over their domain? It would seem arrogant and obnoxious to believe that our consciousness is greater than animal consciousness. I mean, we are animals, are we not?

the 'rules' are a throwback to the price of existence and how the energy patterns work.

There are no rules to the universe, only rules that humans set for the universe.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks S.

But those are your views, I respect them.

Just learning and growing-lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out The Bandits thread at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's on the right track but I still argue that we are indeed not responsible for our own actions. Excellent thread though.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
one word- KARMA. simple as that

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No, self is not an illusion. And yes, we are responsible for our own actions, no matter who or what influences us. Whatever there may be in extenuating circumstances, whether what we did was either good or bad, we are still responsible for whatever happens as a result o or actions. That is h it is always better to try to do good, whether for your God, family, self, or Karma.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes We are responsible in our Own Actions and it is the FREEWILL of our own Choice. remember The Time that Will happen in the Future is Inevitable. So That is The reason Why Since The Mayan People and Ancient Chinese also
Ancient Knowledge in Egypt are very well cautious in TIME (^^,)

Ecclesiastes 3:15

15 Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account.

Ecclesiastes 9:10

10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, [a] where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

I hope you like the Song

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by johnb1]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join