It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we responsible for our own actions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Do you see what im trying to get at Quango? These perceived 'decisions' are just actions merely based on the environmental/cultural/religious/political/economical/societal influences.

But you've broken these options down as if they're each individual.

I'm saying all of these possible reactions exist at one time.

Plus, my head is filled with 25+ years of environmental/religious/societal/etc factors and influences weighing on my mind.

I'm aware of the influences, but I still make a decision.

I have to, or I will just stand there for the rest of my life, not moving.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
This is evidenced in Near Death Experience research. No matter what the religious background, we all go through a life review when we transition, whereby we get to see how our lives impacted those around us.

If you say there is evidence, can you provide evidence on how Near Death research proves personal responsibility?

Run a search on the Net on Near Death Experiences. There are a number of books out on the subject which point to a life review and personal accountability after one transitions. An excellent work on the topic is Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley -- read the glowing and insightful reviews on that page as well. It is possibly the best book on NDE research to date.

All of this points to the existence of absolute truth and absolute morality.

The concept of absolute is the brain merely polarizing our universe. Absolute/Questionable, Black/White, Good/Evil. Our brains are hard wired to devise an opposite to nearly any concept.

We don't spiritually evolve through indifference to morality. We progress through our emphasis on serving others and in improving our character. The material realm and the energies thereof are spiritually indifferent. However, The Light in heaven, which is nonliving and infinite, is very much spiritually polarized. Souls need that Light in order to exist eternally. If we do not strive to live by The Golden Rule, we lessen away from The Light. We have no choice but to strive toward The Light if we desire to survive. We have no choice. We either choose to live spiritual lives or we face our own oblivion after we leave the flesh. Many have tried to change that and many still do, and always fail.

In my work with people who have suffered from discarnate demonic attack, including myself, universally what happens is that the sadistic discarnates on the Other Side retrogress away from The Light and weaken themselves in the process. That is what ultimately stops them. The greater the evil done to innocents, the faster the perpetrators fall into the abyss of nonexistence. There is no Higher Being who passes judgement. It is done automatically and with mathematical precision through the energy in the discarnate dimensions. Progression toward The Light and retrogression away from it is in accordance to one's application of The Golden Rule. There is no escape from personal accountabilty. Most have to learn this the hard way.

That is why striving to live by The Golden Rule on both sides of the spectrum is so important.

I think you proved my point in showing that religion plays a large role in influencing us that we are indeed individuals and we must treat other individuals with the respect we deserve. This can also metaphorically mean that we need to treat others the way we would like to be treated because essentially they are us.

All souls came from the same source and we all started out on the same basic level of spiritual development. Through the eons we have developed our individuality, some more than others. But it is also true that when we hurt another unfairly, we are hurting ourselves indirectly by lessening our ability to ascend into The Light when we leave the flesh.

As for the rest of the post are you agreeing that there is a Cosmic Consciousness and that we are merely trapped in physical bodies for our duration on Earth?

I'm not sure of your definition of Cosmic Consciousness. I agree that for the most part we are trapped in matter until we transition.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
How does the question "are we responsible for our actions?" pretain to the individual?

It doesnt. There is no individual, remember?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
True or not, I'd reject the idea. Yeah, I wear business attire 40 hrs. a week but on my time I am my own person and refuse to comply with the cosmic stream of thought. Unless of course you're saying this refusal is also part of the collective thinking, but wouldn't it dissolve itself in that case?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Unless of course you're saying this refusal is also part of the collective thinking, but wouldn't it dissolve itself in that case?

I�m saying the refusal to not accept the Cosmic Consciousness is directly attributed to socio/political/economic/religious...etc. factors.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nice sidestep Simulacra! once more..........

ARE YOU [simulacra) RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Plus, my head is filled with 25+ years of environmental/religious/societal/etc factors and influences weighing on my mind.
I'm aware of the influences, but I still make a decision.

However there are many subtle influences that we aren�t aware of in our environment that plays a role in the actions we undergo.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Nice sidestep Simulacra! once more..........
ARE YOU [simulacra) RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS?

Look up the word 'Simulacra' and you'll see my answer.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another nice sidestep! Bravo.

Are you (the internet user known as simulacra) responsible for your own actions?

Direct answer yes or no please.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Another nice sidestep! Bravo.

Are you (the internet user known as simulacra) responsible for your own actions?

Direct answer yes or no please.

Instar. Yes or No is just the brain polarizing two opposites. So im going to have to go with neither.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
COPOUT !!!!! Its your question!
Etc

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

COPOUT !!!!! Its your question!
Etc

But Instar we know that every question can't be segmented into 'Yes' or 'No'. I've answered my question and defended my answer in 5 pages of post on this thread.

[edit on 12/20/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

An excellent work on the topic is Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley -- read the glowing and insightful reviews on that page as well. It is possibly the best book on NDE research to date.

Alright Paul Richard, I just placed an order for the book. Whenever I�m done reading it I�ll respond to your post. But from that looks of it, we both agree on the concept of the negation of personal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
By saying 'neither yes or no'? The only answer I know that is between yes and no is 'I don't know'. I've heard yes and no, but that means some parts are right and some are not by specifically pointing out what is right and what is not, but I've never heard 'neither yes or no'. Am I wrong? Oh wait, you wouldn't be able to tell me yes or no
. I think I'm going to go somewhere where it's less cloudy, enjoy the weather.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
By saying 'neither yes or no'? The only answer I know that is between yes and no is 'I don't know'. I've heard yes and no, but that means some parts are right and some are not by specifically pointing out what is right and what is not, but I've never heard 'neither yes or no'. Am I wrong? Oh wait, you wouldn't be able to tell me yes or no
. I think I'm going to go somewhere where it's less cloudy, enjoy the weather.

As you�ve probably read in all of my post thus far I don�t believe that a human is responsible for their actions since, in essence, we are one.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

An excellent work on the topic is Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley -- read the glowing and insightful reviews on that page as well. It is possibly the best book on NDE research to date.

Alright Paul Richard, I just placed an order for the book. Whenever I�m done reading it I�ll respond to your post.

I saw Dannion Brinkley in-person twice. The first time was at The Reincarnation, The Journey Continues conference in Baltimore in 1993; this was before he became rich and famous, before a made-for-television movie was made about him and just before his book came out. Dannion was a bully in high school and a Marine Corp assassin afterwards. He has had a number of NDEs, the first of which was caused by a lightning strike when he was on the telephone in 1975. After he saw in full clarity the impact that he made on other people (from the life review � also called bardo -- that he and many other near death experiencers report) he realized that he spent most of his life as a �jacka$$.� This was the beginning of his awakening to the importance of living by The Golden Rule and serving others.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i would say we are responsible for our actions, as our actions in life shape and effect our soul and life.

besides things that can sometimes be out of our control that can be accounted for, ultimately our actions decide what will happen to us, in a way we are responsible for our own fate as a result of our actions.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticOfRadiance
i would say we are responsible for our actions, as our actions in life shape and effect our soul and life.

Our actions in life effect our life. Sounds logical enough, but just exactly how would that make us responsible for our own actions?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Our actions in life effect our life. Sounds logical enough, but just exactly how would that make us responsible for our own actions?

a individual is responsible for his own existence, the soul is like a fractal of light, and thus needs a degree of positive (actions) to be able to exist.

positive actions are what maintains/improves the soul, negative actions do the opposite, this is why evil spirits fall into lower dimensions as there frequency has been lowered due to there negative actions.

a individuals actions shape how his/her soul progresses, a individual is responsible for how and where they will exist or whether they will continue to exist, in the case of non-existence it is the exstreme example of how individuals decide there fate through there actions.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a individual is responsible for his own existence

I don't think you understand or maybe you just didn�t bother to read the other 5 pages before posting but I've discussed the topic of individuality many times. In a nutshell, the concept of 'self' and 'ego' is just the result of being trapped in physical form, not to mention societal/economic/political/religious...etc factors that influence the way we view our world.

the soul is like a fractal of light, and thus needs a degree of positive (actions) to be able to exist.

positive actions are what maintains/improves the soul, negative actions do the opposite

I've talked about this before, but i will repost this again. The concept of Positive/Negative is just the brain polarizing our universe in two opposites? Why? Because its physically hardwired to do this. But as you know, now all things in the universe are separated by Good/Evil, Positive/Negative...etc. These 'opposites' are humanly created. We apply these opposites to the universe. We assume that the universe operates by the laws we create for it.

this is why evil spirits fall into lower dimensions as there frequency has been lowered due to there negative actions.

Have any evidence for this?

in the case of non-existence it is the exstreme example of how individuals decide there fate through there actions.

If we can decide our fate, then fate wouldn�t exist. It would be free will.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join